wmp

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 MadSupra

MadSupra

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

How do I stop the Windows Media Sharing Service?

#42 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:29 PM

Type "services.msc" in the Windows search box to open Windows 7 Services Microsoft Management Console.
Select "“Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service", right click, and click "Stop" to disable it.

#43 Daniel Humphrey

Daniel Humphrey

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

os: Win7 Pro.. Did not find Mediaplayer\Setup in the location stated. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ ect. (Registry)
I had to do a search, and I found one at. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\mediaplayer\Setup

I deleted the installed versions folder from there.
I also found a folder named Player Upgrade.
There was a value in there pointing to version 12.0.7600.1645
I changed the value to 11.0.6000.6324
Did a reboot, and it workes perfect.

Thanks for the info, Great Job. !!!

Hey Im using windows 7 64 bit ultimate and Im wanting to downgrade to wmp 11 in hopes it will help me stream movies to my xbox better. I have been looking over all of the posts here and I am still unable to install the wmp 11. I get a message telling me I already have wmp 11 installed but its a newer version. Every time I go to find this "already installed" wmp 11 I cant find it. Could someone help me out please?

#44 Dan12

Dan12

WinMatrixian

• 190 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

Nice work.. Posted Image

#45 marcmargiorri

marcmargiorri

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hi! Thanks! It works on my Win 7 x64!)
I have a question, how I can enable RUSSIAN language at the WMP?

#46 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

That bumping of a thread by a random visitor.

#47 Guest_Jeff_*

Guest_Jeff_*

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hi all, i was downgraded my wmp12 to wmp11 but after using it for 1week i found that the wmp11 in win7 is not complete (with bugs). I love wmp11 features very much, but because of those bugs i decided to restore back wmp12 until the bugs have been solved.
The below is the bugs that i was facing, just share with yours...hopefully someone can solve it soon...cheers :)

1) Double click on music file, the music doesn't play and window explorer hang (need to force close).
2) right click on music file, click on "add to wmp play list", no response and windows explorer hang (need to force close).
3) cannot resume last played music everytime restart the wmp.

Thanks!

Can someone please tell me if these bugs still exist?

#48 jeffshead

jeffshead

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

I have followed the instructions correctly and installed WMP11x64 on Win7x64 but I encounter a couple of issues.

Is there a way to make WMP11 the default player for all files? Even after I make WMP11 the default program for mp3's, WMP12x86 still plays the files when I click on them or when I use the context menu to play or add them to the playlist.

I basically want to replace WMP12 with WMP11.

Edited by jeffshead, 16 May 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#49 CypherBlaze1

CypherBlaze1

New WinMatrixian

• 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Question: I have 64bit Windows 7. If I install WMP11 x64, following the included instructions, will I still also have Media Player 12? Or does 11 completely replace it?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wmp