Best Internet Browser

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 NotoriouS-GrafiX

NotoriouS-GrafiX

The NotoriouS One

• 49 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

My favorite is Firefox, but that is only because I WANT to be able to customize everything and have a lot of cool extensions, but if you don't NEED that then I suggest,

Safari, yes even if your on Windows, who cares. I had Malware blocking Firefox on me for a while and I was forced to use another browser for about 2 weeks, I was using Safari and Chrome, but found I loved Safari. Everything in Safari is beautiful, the top site page, clean and simple UI, and the functionalities with browsing through your bookmarks and history.

#42 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

Chrome is fast
Firefox is full-featured
IE is bundled
Opera is revolutionized
Safari is I dunno never tried

#43 aznsmartj0ck

aznsmartj0ck

New WinMatrixian

• 45 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

I've personally heard that safari on windows has a lot of security issues...
Opera is fast, but only after you've visited a page enough for it to be cached...and its slow on startup. It's rendering is a little funky too....

Personally, I think chrome is nice and fast, but could use mouse gestures.

#44 Truzaank

Truzaank

WinMatrixian

• 230 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

ok, my turn to chime in.

aznsmartj0ck, you should be f**king shot in the head you bastard. who gives a f**k? everyone likes different browsers, everyone evaluates browsers for different reasons, everyone wants something different, or they use a browser for a personal reason.

Asking a question like this... you might as well be asking "why does shit stink", because everyone will have a different answer.

seriously. wtf were you thinking. if your going to ask a logical question, this aint it. now, if you want to do a poll, this Is the right question for it.

damnit, dont post shit like this.

and seriously, if you answered, why did you waste your time on this topic? it isnt like as if WM does not already have 50+ topics just cluttering up it's database with the same, stupid ass question.

f**k. people need to not post topics like this.

i mean, seriously, people will use what they want to, and a browser lets you see a page. so who gives a damn on what browser your using?

I DO NOT think a mod should at all behave like this, in such unruly manner. Even if you need to point out the poster's mistake, you should watch your language. Not him, but YOU should be the one being shot, or atleast removed from the position of a mod.

#45 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

^OHNOEZ, not this again. I'm sorry all of us don't have bad days.

Anyway, I retested the all 5 main browsers and here's the basics of what I have to say.

Safari- Hecka fast. Woah. Has some issues with Windows, such as when I click it from the start menu explorer.exe has to restart. Did not have that same issues with any other browser. When launched from Launchy, it worked fine.
Chrome- Fast but frequently did not load the page giving lame excuse of 'page not available, yada yada'. Interface is too simple, could use better work and skins.
Firefox - Fast. Add-on capabilities are awesome. Completely customizable to suit needs although, the more addons you install the slightly less faster it goes. You won't notice the difference too much. It takes a while to start.
Opera - Slow. Boring. Best for older computers.
IE8 - Slightly slow page load, sucky tab response.

Overall, I'm keeping Firefox (OF CAWSE) and will continue testing on with the other browsers.

#46 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

I lol'd at Villain's rant. Anyway, there is NO best browser. It's all based on what seems snappiest on your computer. We all don't have the same specs, the same software installed, the same tweaks in use, so obviously there are different answers. There are benchmarks for a reason, but it still doesn't relate to "real world" performance. Each browser has a different engine, even Chrome and Safari. So their speeds will differ. So just try them all out, and make your own decision.

@Linda: I have to disagree on Opera. Use Opera 10 with Turbo. You still be surprised.

#47 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

Chrome is fast
Firefox is customizable
IE is bundled
Opera is revolutionized
Safari is elegant browsing

fixed.

^OHNOEZ, not this again. I'm sorry all of us don't have bad days.

Anyway, I retested the all 5 main browsers and here's the basics of what I have to say.

Safari- Hecka fast. Woah. Has some issues with Windows, such as when I click it from the start menu explorer.exe has to restart. Did not have that same issues with any other browser. When launched from Launchy, it worked fine.
Chrome- Fast but frequently did not load the page giving lame excuse of 'page not available, yada yada'. Interface is too simple, could use better work and skins.
Firefox - Fast. Add-on capabilities are awesome. Completely customizable to suit needs although, the more addons you install the slightly less faster it goes. You won't notice the difference too much. It takes a while to start.
Opera - Slow. Boring. Best for older computers.
IE8 - Slightly slow page load, sucky tab response.

Overall, I'm keeping Firefox (OF CAWSE) and will continue testing on with the other browsers.

my version:

Safari - on windows, it takes uses a huuuge heap of memory, and because of that, do not want. You need quite a beast to run Safari, and i'm on Pentium 4. Spare me. Safari on mac uses a huuuuge heap of memory too, but for some reason, you don't need a beast processor to run it.
Chrome - fking fast. If all you give a damn about is speed and simplicity, cutting through the clutter, chrome is 4u.If you don't use those firefox plugins and don't bother customizing the browser, use chrome. UI is excellent, although childish. UI just sits, and is easy and comfortable to pick up.
Firefox - the browser every single person on the place wouldn't have problems using. Most customizable browser ever. Only annoyance: start up time
Opera - full of new ideas, and some ideas which they've come up with are being taken for granted today. Really really fast, although it's page rendering engine sucks.
IE8 - page rendering is a little slow, but still on par with most speedy modern browsers. Slow thing about IE8, are the tabs.

#48 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:17 AM

Hi, I'm new here, so I hope I'm doing this right. If I'm not, please tell me. Anyway, I was wondering which internet browser was really the best. Every single browser's webpage says that they're the fastest and the most secure. Personally, I haven't had too much experience in this field. Can some of you please tell me your favorite browser and why you like them? Thanks.

Oh and btw, please no fanboy posts like "OMG FIREFOX AWESOMEBAR FTW" or "I LOVE OMNIBOX". Reasonable and rational posts please. :D

Thanks in advance.

Good day my friend,

After the last 7 browsers tried, I'd have to agree with the current Opera platform. It's by far the lightest on system resources and the snapiest in performance. Firefox would be second as irt has more note worthy features than the rest and safe surf options. Sorry the rest just are worthy contenders as they really are for beginners whom only uise the basic features to surf the web.

Best of luck with which you choose. :)

#49 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:20 AM

I lol'd at Villain's rant. Anyway, there is NO best browser. It's all based on what seems snappiest on your computer. We all don't have the same specs, the same software installed, the same tweaks in use, so obviously there are different answers. There are benchmarks for a reason, but it still doesn't relate to "real world" performance. Each browser has a different engine, even Chrome and Safari. So their speeds will differ. So just try them all out, and make your own decision.

@Linda: I have to disagree on Opera. Use Opera 10 with Turbo. You still be surprised.

Opera 10 with turbo!!

NO way. I've user this browser since the first edition and never dreamed the day this was out. Many thanks for the heads up, as this will be the first thing I look for after work.

Many thanks my friend. Kick Ass!!

#50 kr09u7

kr09u7

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:17 AM

Use opera if you don't have a problem with it being closed-source.Otherwise for speed(well it doesn't matter if you have a good internet conn.)chrome or firefox(easily customizable, a total memory hog slow startup times).btw I don't know abt safari but it used to have a lot of security problems.Also lunascape(trident+gecko+webkit;a triple engine browser) or maxthon3alpha(faster than chrome:dev channel :yes: )

#51 poolsharkzz

poolsharkzz

XP - 'till the world blows up!

• 403 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

I think we have been down this road before...

Internet Explorer 7 - 'till the world blows up!

I have the latest version of Firefox on standby.

I personally do not use nor do I recommend using Internet Explorer 8 - it does not "play well" with others and it's much harder to secure...

If you know how to lock it down, harden, and secure it, Internet Explorer can be just as safe (and just as fast) as all the others!

I should write a Tutorial or Guide for this topic one day...

but that would give all my secrets away! LOL

poolsharkzz

Attached File  Trampoline.gif   11.67K   0 downloads

Edited by poolsharkzz, 23 October 2009 - 05:06 PM.

#52 kr09u7

kr09u7

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:11 PM

To tell the truth IE8 is one of the most secured browsers I have seen.Of course opinions may vary i guess...But how do you make IE faster??(by that I mean atleast as fast as fx, i am pretty sure it can never be as fast as chrome..)

#53 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

People have their own choices. It relies on the fact whether the user could use the browser or not.

Didn't you guys see a thread about "What is a browser?"

Most people even don't know what is a browser. I myself use FX and Chrome both.
Because I like their usage. So they are best for me. End of story.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!