Best Internet Browser

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

Firefux if you want a lot of features (extensions)
Chrome if you want faster program response (because firefux takes a while to start)

i'm going to take behind what's behind this door number win.

If you want speed: Firefox
If you want to add whatever extra feature you want: Firefox
If you want a browser that isn't as ugly as sin: Firefox

Fail blog material.
and really, Firefox's default skin is ugly as sin, especially on Vista/Win7. Also, Chrome is proven to be faster than Firefox.

Blog? Wha?

and Firefox has nice skins though, and Chrome? Fast? Not on my computer.

#22 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

ok, my turn to chime in.

aznsmartj0ck, you should be f**king shot in the head you bastard. who gives a f**k? everyone likes different browsers, everyone evaluates browsers for different reasons, everyone wants something different, or they use a browser for a personal reason.

Asking a question like this... you might as well be asking "why does shit stink", because everyone will have a different answer.

seriously. wtf were you thinking. if your going to ask a logical question, this aint it. now, if you want to do a poll, this Is the right question for it.

damnit, dont post shit like this.

and seriously, if you answered, why did you waste your time on this topic? it isnt like as if WM does not already have 50+ topics just cluttering up it's database with the same, stupid ass question.

f**k. people need to not post topics like this.

i mean, seriously, people will use what they want to, and a browser lets you see a page. so who gives a damn on what browser your using?

#23 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:56 PM

ok, my turn to chime in.

aznsmartj0ck, you should be f**king shot in the head you bastard. who gives a f**k? everyone likes different browsers, everyone evaluates browsers for different reasons, everyone wants something different, or they use a browser for a personal reason.

Asking a question like this... you might as well be asking "why does shit stink", because everyone will have a different answer.

seriously. wtf were you thinking. if your going to ask a logical question, this aint it. now, if you want to do a poll, this Is the right question for it.

and seriously, if you answered, why did you waste your time on this topic? it isnt like as if WM does not already have 50+ topics just cluttering up it's database with the same, stupid ass question.

i mean, seriously, people will use what they want to, and a browser lets you see a page. so who gives a damn on what browser your using?

Woah someone is pissed off for a pretty stupid reason. Anyways, aznsmartj0ck, why don't you tell us what you are looking for in a browser and then WM members can help you better.

#24 gergux

gergux

Pirate = Noob Human

• 363 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

opera is not fast

Ya, if your using dialup... How fast do you need it to be????

#25 gergux

gergux

Pirate = Noob Human

• 363 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

Clutter clutter clutter.... Kettle Kettle Kettle - Black Black Black

#26 aznsmartj0ck

aznsmartj0ck

New WinMatrixian

• 45 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:11 AM

ok, my turn to chime in.

Woah someone is pissed off for a pretty stupid reason. Anyways, aznsmartj0ck, why don't you tell us what you are looking for in a browser and then WM members can help you better.

Mostly, I'm looking for a browser that's fast and doesn't lag - e.g. firefox lags with a few tabs open for me. Privacy is also important, but security isn't way up there on my list. Startup should also be quick. Thanks for all your help.

#27 Tygr

Tygr

HOLY CRAP IT'S A TYGR GET IN THE CAR!

• 276 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:57 AM

ok, my turn to chime in.

(O_o)

BTW, welcome to WinMatrix, aznsmartj0ck!

#28 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:24 AM

ok, my turn to chime in.

I agree with you. I've been on Winmatrix for quite a while and have seen to much of these threads about which is the best browser. Everyone does use different browsers for different reasons. Which is why as a web designer I have multiple browsers installed on my comp. I need to be sure my sites render well on each one because of the fact that people use different browsers.

#29 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

ok, my turn to chime in.

Edited by FalseAgent, 24 August 2009 - 10:28 AM.

#30 richluk

richluk

WinMatrixian

• 72 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

just use Netscape Navigator. Good for noobs like you. B)

#31 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

The Greatest Form of Complexity is Simplicity

• 484 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

ok, my turn to chime in.

People should be shot in the head for asking a question? WOW, just, WOW. You haven't got laid in a while, huh?

Now I wonder if Jatin chose you to be a moderator 'cuz you can code programs or something else because it sure as hell isn't for your manners.

#32 Ace Starr

Ace Starr

the winmatrix addict

• 289 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

opera is not fast

Ya, if your using dialup... How fast do you need it to be????

Good Point. :) But actually if you are on dialup, Opera should pretty much be your only option. Just turn Opera turbo on. Turbo was a feature initially made for the mobile market (opera mobile and opera mini). Any page or web resource that you request is routed through an opera server and the fetched resource is compressed and sent back to you. Hence there is an apparent increase in speed. Theoretically you should be able to obtain speeds greater than 56kbps.

Clutter clutter clutter.... Kettle Kettle Kettle - Black Black Black

:lol: :P

just use Netscape Navigator. Good for noobs like you. B)

failed suggestion mate. For atleast most of Netscape 9.x, AOL based it on Firefox. So by suggesting this, you are encouraging him to use 2.x :no: :ph34r:

#33 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

ok, my turn to chime in.

People should be shot in the head for asking a question? WOW, just, WOW. You haven't got laid in a while, huh?

Now I wonder if Jatin chose you to be a moderator 'cuz you can code programs or something else because it sure as hell isn't for your manners.

no, i just get tired of seeing the same damn question over and over and over ... when there is already like 50 posts and topics...

seriously. people use different internet browsers. who care what browser you use?

#34 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:56 AM

ok, my turn to chime in.

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

#35 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:17 PM

ok, my turn to chime in.

Mostly, I'm looking for a browser that's fast and doesn't lag - e.g. firefox lags with a few tabs open for me. Privacy is also important, but security isn't way up there on my list. Startup should also be quick. Thanks for all your help.

Ok from this, I think you should try Chrome for a while and see how you like it. It seems you're not huge on extensions and Chrome is very fast - just make sure you don't have too many youtube pages open or Chrome will probably crash :P

I guess you should also try Opera because I've heard that it's fast too.

#36 Burned Phoenix

Burned Phoenix

WinMatrix Addict

• News Poster
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

LOL, I haven't seen angry Villain before. :lol:

#37 rahuljin

rahuljin

Active WinMatrixian

• 664 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

ok, my turn to chime in.

a mod is doing this :angry:. not good for forum. he has the power to remove the thread but he is still doing this. he is also breaking the rule ----

Flaming
No flame war is tolerated here. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted.

Edited by rahuljin, 24 August 2009 - 09:54 PM.

#38 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

lol @ everyone on villain's balls.
seriously, everyone has their bad days. he's a mod, he must see this same topic over and over and over again. bound to snap sooner or later from the repetitive noobs asking for advice when they should just test out browsers for themselves.

and maximusaxis would be talking about manners when he's had snide comments for just about everyone.

#39 Tygr

Tygr

HOLY CRAP IT'S A TYGR GET IN THE CAR!

• 276 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

a mod is doing this :angry:. not good for forum. he has the power to remove the thread but he is still doing this. he is also breaking the rule ----

Flaming
No flame war is tolerated here. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted.

You're also in violation of the unspoken rule of the internet:

Don't piss off the mods and admins.

:lol:

#40 rahuljin

rahuljin

Active WinMatrixian

• 664 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

Flaming

You're also in violation of the unspoken rule of the internet:

Don't piss off the mods and admins.

:lol:

:lol: got me B)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!