Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Can I install a "language pack" in Windows 7 Professional?

windows 7 language pack

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Dhakir_*

Guest_Dhakir_*

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

The DISM log file (C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log) may contain helpful information about the error.
I had the error 87 when trying to use a compressed .exe file in DISM, then the log contained a line such as this one:

"DISM Package Manager: PID=3848 Invalid package location specified ..."

I extracted the .exe file contents (opening it with any compressed file manager, such as Winzip, 7-zip, etc) and used the DISM command indicating the folder containing the uncompressed files, then it worked.

#22 Guest_austommy_*

Guest_austommy_*

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:05 AM

Can anyone please help me out....I am using windows 7 professional, can I change it to a simplified Chinese language?? Please help, thx.

#23 Guest_German QuestionMark_*

Guest_German QuestionMark_*

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

Can anyone please help me out....I am using windows 7 professional, can I change it to a simplified Chinese language??

Did you download the simplified Chinese language pack? scalix posted a link above to a page with the packs, and I see simplified Chinese among them. If you've already done that, then people need to know what you've done so far in order to help you.

Now my own question: So I've followed the directions in this thread (thank you, helpful people!), and I have the new language pack, German, correctly installed. In the registry, de-DE now appears in ...Control/MUI/UILanguages with en-US. If I understand this rightly, deleting the en-US key and rebooting will have my OS (W7 Professional) in German. However, is there a way to change the language for a single user account? I have two user accounts on this machine, and, ideally, one account would use German language and the other would use English. I've looked through the registry for individual settings, but I've only found this one, which seems system-wide. Thank you in advance for any help.

#24 Guest_Acc1999_*

Guest_Acc1999_*

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hi
I want to change my version of Windows 7 Pro (x64) from American English to British English. Any way how? Where do I get the pack? How to I install it without the button?

Thanks in advance.

#25 Guest_German Question Mark_*

Guest_German Question Mark_*

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hi
I want to change my version of Windows 7 Pro (x64) from American English to British English. Any way how? Where do I get the pack? How to I install it without the button?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there are specific AE and BE versions of the English language pack. What you can do is change the region setting to UK (for BE style date formats, 24-hour clock, etc.) and get the UK theme pack if you wish. I've worked with computers on both sides of the Atlantic, and that's the only difference between the installations that comes to mind. For example, my display settings say "Color" instead of "Colour". I don't think Microsoft bothered with such language differences.

If you have a standard American keyboard, you won't be able to properly use a UK keyboard layout (which uses more keys than are physically present on the standard American keyboard), but you can change your keyboard to US-International, which will allow you easily to type £ and other lovely miscellaneous signs. ¬ ß ¡ ² ³ ¤ € § ü

#26 Guest_doubletrance_*

Guest_doubletrance_*

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

i have the windows 7 professional in "english", but i want it in spanish!
Can i install a language pack? or it only works in Ultimate version?

(sorry for mi english)

http://www.froggie.sk/

it's free, safe and works just fine :)

#27 tonique

tonique

New WinMatrixian

• 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

u have to donload it from ms.

#28 Guest_driver_*

Guest_driver_*

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

Without button, is possible too:
-run command prompt as administrator
-type dism /online /add-package /packagepath:driveletter\dir\lp.cab
-in regedit del key \HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI UILanguage\eu-us

i take that form German site (martin vogel)

it's works in windows 7 pro, pt-br

Ok, I just did that and it is working well. Windows in Estonian is interesting, have never used the whole OS in my home language before X)
However, you need to type colon (":") not only before the drive letter but after the drive letter as well in the command window, otherwise it won't work! Example how to enter drive letter: "dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows_7_Language_Packs\langpacks\et-ee\lp.cab".

... and to change language in boot:

bcdedit /set {current} locale pt-br
bcdboot %WinDir% /l pt-br

Now, I don't understand at all what are you talking about here :s How the hell can you change the language when booting?? It doesn't give me any options to change it when booting and it doesn't seem to be possible to be honest. Boot menu lets you choose between various operating systems and modes (e.g. safe mode etc.) but I have never heard/seen it giving options to change language... However, if you explain how exactly does it work to me I might even believe! ;)

Cheers, driver

#29 Guest_matt_*

Guest_matt_*

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

I did this dism / online / add-package / packagePath: g: \ Langpacks \ nl- nl \ lp.cab and its installing now ..

I can not install the language pack into my Windows 7 ..</span> <span onmouseover="_tipon(this)" onmouseout="_tipoff()"><span class="google-src-text" style="direction: ltr; text-align: left">Even with the correct things entered in cmd.exe Can someone help me?

This is exactly how your command propmt should look like for this to work C:\Windows\System32\dism \online \add-package \packagepath:c:/"lp/lp.cab" change the part in the parantheses to the folders the lp.cab file is in.

Even with the correct things entered in cmd.exe Can someone help me?

This is exactly how your command should look like propmt for this to work C: \ Windows \ System32 \ dism \ online \ add-package \ packagePath: c: / "lp / lp.cab" change the part in the parantheses to the folders the lp.cab file is in.

It seemed working at the beginning but after that Error: 0x800f081e The package is not applicable to this image occurred. Any suggestions?

#30 Guest_Gaston_*

Guest_Gaston_*

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:28 PM

I have a couple of questions on this installation. I have a Spanish Windows 7 Pro and I'd like to install the en-US MUI. I downloaded the en-US package from the Windows Update website, clicked on the .exe and made a copy of the .cab before it vanished. Is this the correct procedure?

And, once the package is installed, is there any way to revert to the original language? Have any of you experienced any problems with the authentication system saying your Windows is not Genuine? Skimming through the Microsoft forums, it seems that Vistalizator wrecks havoc and after a while you start getting "non-genuine" messages. I know this method does not use Vistalizator but if there are any problems with that later, maybe changing the language is not worth the hassle.

Thanks!

#31 Guest_Alzer_*

Guest_Alzer_*

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

Without button, is possible too:
-run command prompt as administrator
-type dism /online /add-package /packagepath:driveletter\dir\lp.cab
-in regedit del key \HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI UILanguage\eu-us

This didnt worked for me so i did with VISTALIZATOR v2.40 and this worked good. I needed to download Estonian language pack and i downloaded the estonian lp.cab and then i downloaded vistalizator and done.
If you want to download different language downloade the MUI or lp.cab like i did it and then install vith vistaizator :D.

#32 Guest_dijo_*

Guest_dijo_*

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

many thanks guys, it works for el-gr

#33 Guest_Nikolay_*

Guest_Nikolay_*

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

Hi all,
thanks for the article. It is very useful. Works on windows 7 professional. However, as there is no interface to download those language packs, here is a list of them available for download directly from Microsoft:

http://keznews.com/6..._Download_Links

There are language packs available for x86 and 64bit.

I bumped into strange situation, where when i ran the downloaded .exe file, it extracted the .cab file, but only for a second, and then the .cab file disappeared. Strangely seems like windows 7 automagically removes the lp.cab file on the professional variant of the OS. I wonder why?!

However, when you have your installation command prepared in the command prompt, just extract the lp.cab and quickly run the DISM command. It then locks the .cab file ;-)

Now I have windows 7 pro with the language pack I like.
Thanks once more!
-Nikolay

#34 Guest_imasula_*

Guest_imasula_*

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:53 PM

i have the windows 7 professional in "english", but i want it in spanish!
Can i install a language pack? or it only works in Ultimate version?

(sorry for mi english)

http://www.froggie.sk/

it's free, safe and works just fine :)

Thanks alot doubletrance its really very quick and easy :)

#35 Guest_Sunny7_*

Guest_Sunny7_*

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:56 AM

Run CMD as administrator and type:
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: (example: c:\langpack\sv-se) This can take quite a while

Then type

bcdedit /set {current} locale sv-se (or whatever language)

then

bcdboot %WinDir% /l sv-se

Then in regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlMUIUILanguages
delete en-us

Restart and we have win 7 pro rtm in polish (swedish in this example)

done this for a dutch language pack. CMD installation works fine. also the 'bcdedit' and 'bcdboot' commands work fine (succesfully completed). However when i delete the en-US folder in the registery and reboot the computer, the computer starts and displays 'starting windows' and then shuts off again, starts again and says that their is a software or hardware problem with the computer and then i can choose between several options: normal boot (doesn't work, same problem), start with core settings (doesn't work), start with last known good configuration (works, but it is all english) Can someone tell what is wrong or what i am doing wrong? Also the vistalizator method is not working, my computer won't install the vistalizator program.

my system:

windows 7 professional
Service pack 1

Hopefully someone can help me :) Thanks in advance

#36 Guest_rjh_*

Guest_rjh_*

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

Run CMD as administrator and type:
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: (example: c:\langpack\sv-se) This can take quite a while

Then type

bcdedit /set {current} locale sv-se (or whatever language)

then

bcdboot %WinDir% /l sv-se

Then in regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlMUIUILanguages
delete en-us

Restart and we have win 7 pro rtm in polish (swedish in this example)

done this for a dutch language pack. CMD installation works fine. also the 'bcdedit' and 'bcdboot' commands work fine (succesfully completed). However when i delete the en-US folder in the registery and reboot the computer, the computer starts and displays 'starting windows' and then shuts off again, starts again and says that their is a software or hardware problem with the computer and then i can choose between several options: normal boot (doesn't work, same problem), start with core settings (doesn't work), start with last known good configuration (works, but it is all english) Can someone tell what is wrong or what i am doing wrong? Also the vistalizator method is not working, my computer won't install the vistalizator program.

my system:

windows 7 professional
Service pack 1

Hopefully someone can help me :) Thanks in advance

if you have already istalled service pack 1 on Windows, you must also have the service pack 1 versions of mui language packs. They can be found here
http://www.technize....inks-kb2483139/
everything else in the installation goes as before.

-rjh

#37 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

How can I install a language pack on 7 pro using the .exe MUI language files? All the instructions here talk about a .cab file.

Here's wher eI got my 7 Pro SP1 MUI .exe file -> http://www.mydigital...download-links/

#38 Guest_Johnny_*

Guest_Johnny_*

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

I can't install the language pack into my Windows 7... Even with the correct things entered in cmd.exe

Can someone help me?

This is exactly how your command propmt should look like for this to work

C:\Windows\System32\dism \online \add-package \packagepath:c:/"lp/lp.cab"

change the part in the parantheses to the folders the lp.cab file is in.

Your slashes were facing the wrong way. The correct path is:

C:\Windows\System32\dism /online /add-package /packagepath:c:\lp\lp.cab

#39 Guest_landsailor_*

Guest_landsailor_*

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

I have windows 7 professional. whats the best way to be able to type in Arabic.

#40 Guest_Noctis_*

Guest_Noctis_*

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

When I type the code in it says processing, then I get an error saying: The specified package is not applicable to this image. The DISM log file can be found at C/windows/logs/DISM/dism.log PLEASE HELP

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, language pack