• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

I don't give a damn about the browser's name either. "Chrome" isn't a very good name, and neither is "Firefox". I think the best name for a browser was "Netscape"!

Well, I don't know why this guy who created Netscape is coming back with this browser, especially since Firefox was derived from Netscape itself.
but who knows, this browser might kick ass. Netscape sure was one hell of a winner back in the days, and Firefox is today's winner, both of them which are from the Netscape team.

Netscape was a crap filled browser

you girl, obviously have never touched Netscape before.

Edited by FalseAgent, 16 August 2009 - 12:34 AM.

#22 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:52 AM

^Actually, LOLLL, I have touched it and obviously, I didn't like it. Just like how I don't like a lot of other browsers. It's a matter of preference and everyone differs.

Edited by Linda V, 16 August 2009 - 02:05 AM.

#23 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:06 AM

I don't give a damn about the browser's name either. "Chrome" isn't a very good name, and neither is "Firefox". I think the best name for a browser was "Netscape"!

Well, I don't know why this guy who created Netscape is coming back with this browser, especially since Firefox was derived from Netscape itself.
but who knows, this browser might kick ass. Netscape sure was one hell of a winner back in the days, and Firefox is today's winner, both of them which are from the Netscape team.

Actually lmao in IE and Netscape haydays I used to be stuck with netscape sometimes in school for some reason I used to find myself thinking damn this sucks ass. Well not literally considering I was like 6 but you know xD

#24 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

I lol'd

Netscape was pretty cool I used it before and after IE because I absolutely hated IE6

IE7 lasted a week before I decided to try Firefox

#25 DZSlasher

DZSlasher

WinMatrix 4 Life

• 169 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:31 AM

Why would you release another browsers into the marketplace. It already has enough. I have my doubts about this browsers. Ill stick with what I have.

#26 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:40 AM

Why would you release another browsers into the marketplace. It already has enough. I have my doubts about this browsers. Ill stick with what I have.

Why so negative when no information has even been released about the browser? It's always good to have some competition, it makes browsers integrate the new features other browsers get.

#27 richluk

richluk

WinMatrixian

• 72 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:43 AM

Netscape was the best looking browser before and used it for a long time, until it had it updates slowed down it's performance. Whenever it's updated it slow's down just like IE now. Then it died

#28 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

Netscape was the best looking browser before and used it for a long time, until it had it updates slowed down it's performance. Whenever it's updated it slow's down just like IE now. Then it died

couldn't have said it better myself.

#29 Kikoo_xD

Kikoo_xD

wat

• 32 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:29 PM

I used it too. .. . then for no reason switched to IE (facepalm) then opera and now firefox :)

#30 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

I switched from IE5.5 > Netscape > Avant > Maxthon > Opera > Maxthon > Opera > Firefox > Opera > Firefox > Chrome > Firefox

and now I use Firefox and Chrome, and sometimes IE8 and Opera, there is no place for another "Flock" like browser in the market right now

#31 Ace Starr

Ace Starr

the winmatrix addict

• 289 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

Well, I don't think this Rockmelt would be success right away either, but I wouldn't say that it shouldn't be there because the market is overcrowded. That sounds so communist... :P

#32 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

I switched from IE5.5 > Netscape > Avant > Maxthon > Opera > Maxthon > Opera > Firefox > Opera > Firefox > Chrome > Firefox

wow, I salute you my friend. :lol:

#33 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

Netscape was good. First MS killed it and then it died because of AOL.

#34 shivaram

shivaram

Foreteller

• 784 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

and now I use Firefox and Chrome, and sometimes IE8 and Opera, there is no place for another "Flock" like browser in the market right now

pillar to post :)

Edited by shivaram, 20 August 2009 - 08:56 AM.

#35 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:30 AM

I think that if they go the right way abiut it, they can make some noise. I mean they were the one who introduced the whole idea odf broswer to the world. But again that have to come with simnwthiing that we never seen before....likw that willmake you go: DANM...that pretty good.

And they should definitely put a spell-checker in the new browser, if not already done so.

#36 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

compettition isn't always good. Imagine 9+ browsers fighting for demand spitting 100% into 9 parts (inequally or equally) and a side effect of confusing the users.

safari is fast but better for mac, chrome needs addons, firefox is a leaker, opera is fussy and IE sucks. which would you choose?

#37 The Force Within

The Force Within

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

Nice logo I must say.I used to use Netscape on my old computer was really fast back then.Lets just see if 'Rockmelt' lives up to Netscape's glory.

#38 Ace Starr

Ace Starr

the winmatrix addict

• 289 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

compettition isn't always good. Imagine 9+ browsers fighting for demand spitting 100% into 9 parts (inequally or equally) and a side effect of confusing the users.

Hmm... Confusing the user? In my opinion, there are only 2 types of web browser users - Ones who like the best and the others who like familiarity. Now the latter is never going to experiment even if a thousand browsers were on offer while the former would simply be spoilt for choices. True, having many browsers do some time result in innovation being split, so that browsers gets features unique to them, but where is the guarantee that if there were only one browser, then all innovative programmers would come together? I mean, in browser market, we sort of had that scenario before firefox came along. IE was pretty much the only browser out there (Opera with its adware program wasn't popular). Did we see great strides in innovation? No, in fact, things only got from bad to worse. Then suddenly ff came along, then safari (for PC), then chrome and now we have this rather exciting albeit mad race for the most innovative and feature packed browser. I am sorry, but whichever way you look at it, competition is always good for innovation.

safari is fast but better for mac, chrome needs addons, firefox is a leaker, opera is fussy and IE sucks. which would you choose?

Opera :D. It might be fussy but using it is quite a challenge, which I like. I think people made using firefox very easy with all those fangled addons. The challenge in Opera is to use bookmarklets, buttons, and userjs to accomplish those functionalities. Why do I do it? Because I can :P

pillar to post :)

And they should definitely put a spell-checker in the new browser, if not already done so.

I lol'd :lol:

Edited by Ace Starr, 21 August 2009 - 07:42 PM.

#39 aznsmartj0ck

aznsmartj0ck

New WinMatrixian

• 45 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:28 AM

I would use opera. I've been using it for months, and it's given me no problems. The latest Opera 10b3 is really fast.
Someone needs to start a best browser thread here in Winmatrix....

#40 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:18 AM

In reply to Afzal,

At home
Netscape 4 -> Netscape 7-7.2 -> Phoenix (old Fx) -> Firefox -> (Now) Firefox/Safari

At work
IE 5 -> IE 6 -> IE 6 -> IE 6 -> IE 6 and maybe until the world ends still IE 6

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!