How to enable MUI LANGUAGE PACK in Windows 7 Professional

windows 7 language pack

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Sunny7_*

Guest_Sunny7_*

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

Run CMD as administrator and type:
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: (example: c:\langpack\sv-se) This can take quite a while

Then type

bcdedit /set {current} locale sv-se (or whatever language)

then

bcdboot %WinDir% /l sv-se

Then in regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlMUIUILanguages
delete en-us

Restart and we have win 7 pro rtm in polish (swedish in this example)

done this for a dutch language pack. CMD installation works fine. also the 'bcdedit' and 'bcdboot' commands work fine (succesfully completed). However when i delete the en-US folder in the registery and reboot the computer, the computer starts and displays 'starting windows' and then shuts off again, starts again and says that their is a software or hardware problem with the computer and then i can choose between several options: normal boot (doesn't work, same problem), start with core settings (doesn't work), start with last known good configuration (works, but it is all english) Can someone tell what is wrong or what i am doing wrong?

my system:

windows 7 professional
Service pack 1

Hopefully someone can help me :) Thanks in advance

#42 Guest_Tomas_*

Guest_Tomas_*

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hello,

Where can I get the en-US langpack ??

Thnx for help

#43 Guest_Guest-Marecki_*

Guest_Guest-Marecki_*

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hello,

Where can I get the en-US langpack ??

Thnx for help

Here: <Links Removed>

Original from WindowsUpdate :)

Guys, what about the blue screen problem after installing a new language pack ? I wanted to switch from polish to en-US, so I removed pl-PL from the registry, and have the blue screen, and have to "Start from the last known good configuration" in bootloader.

Please, help me.
Best regards.

#44 Guest_Dennis_*

Guest_Dennis_*

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

Same here!!

DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: (example: c:\langpack\sv-se) This can take quite a while

Then type

then

Then in regedit
delete en-us

done this for a dutch language pack. CMD installation works fine. also the 'bcdedit' and 'bcdboot' commands work fine (succesfully completed). However when i delete the en-US folder in the registery and reboot the computer, the computer starts and displays 'starting windows' and then shuts off again, starts again and says that their is a software or hardware problem with the computer and then i can choose between several options: normal boot (doesn't work, same problem), start with core settings (doesn't work), start with last known good configuration (works, but it is all english) Can someone tell what is wrong or what i am doing wrong?

my system:

windows 7 professional
Service pack 1

#45 Guest_Kamel Jazmati_*

Guest_Kamel Jazmati_*

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

87 error when u use this command: DISM /Online /Add-Package/()
You should use this command: DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:()

#46 Pete Nuboy

Pete Nuboy

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Same here!!

Then type

then

Then in regedit
delete en-us

my system:

windows 7 professional
Service pack 1

i have the same problem..why there is nobody who can answer ? Some time ago maybe a year or two I had no problem to change language of my windows 7 so wander why it doesnt work now ? because I have installed service pack 1 ? any ideas ?

#47 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

Hi, i don't understand polish, can u explain how do that in english?

It's easy...

click start and type CMD, select icon, right click, run as administrator
in prompt type this command
1) DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:(path where ther's your language pack)
example -> DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\languagepack\pl-pl
2) bcdedit /set {current} locale pl-pl
3) exit

now click start and type regedit
open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control MUI UILanguages
and remove the folder en-us

now reboot and enjoy windows 7 professional in your language :)

Thank a lot it works perfect.

this is the direct download for spanish lp.cab SP1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=461K08LA

#48 Guest_Ankre_*

Guest_Ankre_*

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

To the people that get blue screen, I think that's because you're trying to install a MUI that is not for SP1 (happenedd to me :C )

You have SP1 installed?

If so, there are MUIs for W7 SP1:

http://www.mydigital...download-links/

#49 Guest_dr.G_*

Guest_dr.G_*

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

when i enter the first command DISM /Online /Add-Package /c:\en-us
it give me a error 87 the c option does not reconize in this context

please help

If you have Win7 SP1 Professional lp.cab won't work and you get:
An error occurred trying to open - C:\lp.cab Error: 0x8007065e
Error: 1630

The reason is in LP CABs version. All available CABs are for version Win 7 (Version 6.1.6700) without SP1. With SP1 you have version 6.1.7601.
So I extracted all files from X.exe (renameing x.exe to x.cab ended in can't open CAB file). Than createt new CAB and ran:

DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\lp.cab

It was fine. Started processing 1 step - adding package. But not for long. Returned error 0x800f081e. My Windows image is 7601 and the language pack libraries are for 7600.

So until there will be Language Packs for Win 7 SP1 available the is nothing we can do on Win 7 Professional.

#50 Guest_Kryyslee_*

Guest_Kryyslee_*

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hi everyone,

I was trying to install the FR package using a clean install of Windows 7 Pro EN with SP1 and followed the steps present in numerous posts without any success but I finally managed to install it doing the exact following steps:

* Open a command line in admin mode (type cmd in the search field and right click - start as admin)

* Get the language.exe file with the language you need and copy it in C:\

* Run the .exe and you'll see lp.cab is quickly created and them disappears, double click it one more time and quickly perform a copy and paste (ctrl+C , ctrl+V)

* Type DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:/lp.cab then hit ENTER. After that I could see my package file was from version 6.1.7601.17514. It took around 15 minutes to extract.

* Then type bcdedit /set {current} locale LOCALE_KEY. Just LOCALE_KEY with your language file key for example English en-US Turkish tr-TR, for me it was bcdboot %WinDir% /l fr-FR

* Then type bcdboot %WinDir% /l LOCALE_KEY Replace LOCALE_KEY with your language file key, I entered bcdboot %WinDir% /l fr-FR

* Then open regedit. CTRL+WINDOWS then type regedit then hit ENTER.

* Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/MUI/UILanguages

* Then delete the old MUI file set folder.

* Reboot.

I hope those few extra bits helped you.

-Kryyslee

#51 Guest_bojan_*

Guest_bojan_*

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

Works fine with my "WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL" SP1.

Thank you!

#52 White Hawk

White Hawk

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Blimey - how easy was that? I just wanted to thank whoever it was that originally provided this simple solution for a perplexing problem. It worked like a charm, though at first I really was quite sceptical. I am very grateful - thank you!

I made this into a batch file and thought I might share it. I placed the batch file and the lp.cab on the root of drive C: and ran the batch file with admin credentials; this makes it easier for me to change the display language on multiple installations if needed.

The batch file (in this example, for Brazilian Portuguese) contains:

DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\
BCDEDIT /set {current} locale pt-BR
BCDBOOT %WinDir% /l pt-BR
REG DELETE "HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\UILanguages\en-US" /f
SHUTDOWN /R /T 00

I thought it might be useful to others. :)

#53 Guest_Bhagirath_*

Guest_Bhagirath_*

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hey if u want to add multiple language packs to Windows 7 Professional follow the below method:
1. Click on Start
2. Type "Language" in program search
3. An option "Install or Uninstall Display languages" comes up at ~4th place from top
4. Click on it
5. A pop up window will come up, Click on first option "Install Display languages"
6. On next window again click on first option "Launch Windows Update"
7. Click on updates that are available
8. You will see the all language packs listed in next window
9. Check the check boxes which languages you want to install and click "OK"
10. Let the window download and install the updates for you
11. You are Done :)

#54 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

My language pack is an .exe... is it supposed to be an .exe? If not, what do I do? Also, it says "the 'online/add-package/...' is unknown." What do I do?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!