How to enable MUI LANGUAGE PACK in Windows 7 Professional

windows 7 language pack

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_curious_*

Guest_curious_*

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

Hi there,

I don't want to change the English locale but merely add the handwriting recognition engines for other languages. So I tried the first two steps (using DISM) and have successfully installed the French and German language packages...

The problem: the installed packages won't stick. It seems that after a reboot and the packages would be gone. Does anyone know what gives?

#22 Guest_White Wolf_*

Guest_White Wolf_*

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

im testing windows 7 professional, i wanna install spanish language pack ... but i cant. does it not supported?? what can i do?? if possibly to enable

bye

Hey,

The aswer is simple. You can't enable MUI on Windows 7 Professional.

MUI is a feature that is only available in de Windows 7 Enterprise an Ultimate.

In The Windows 7 Enterprise an Ultimate MUI is an option in the windows updates.

I just followed a corse in Windows 7 deployment and I had the same question and what I'm telling her is the aswer I got from the instructor.

#23 Guest_rrg_*

Guest_rrg_*

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

Great! Is there also a chance to install / enable English on a non-english Base-Installation ?

#24 Guest_avonsandor_*

Guest_avonsandor_*

Posted 18 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Hi Guys,
when I enter DISM/Online...etc.
I´ll get the massege,DISM cannot find Online.... and I should refer to the help by running DISM.exe/... and :The DISM log can be found at: C:\Windows....- which is correct.

But what should I do?

#25 Kristain Hayes

Kristain Hayes

New WinMatrixian

• 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

• Click Start > Control Panel.
• In Category view, click on Clock, Language, and Region link.
• In Icons view, press Regional and Language icon, and go to Keyboards and Languages tab.
• Click on Install or uninstall display languages.
• Then click on Install display languages.
• Select Browse computer or network to locate and install language packs manually.
• Browse to the folder that contains the language pack files. The language file must be in .CAB extension
• Go through the remaining Wizard and finish the installation.
• After the installation, select the desired display language from the list of languages there. Then, click on Change display language button.

#26 Guest_ivan_*

Guest_ivan_*

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

im testing windows 7 professional, i wanna install spanish language pack ...
Windows 7 Professional
but i cant.
does it not supported??
what can i do??

#27 Jawadkho

Jawadkho

ʝѧшѧםҜҥѻ

• 120 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

My cousin has Windows 7 Pro and for some weird reason it allows him to download and install the language packs from Windows update. I installed it for him and he doesn't know anything about computers to be able to do that!

Anyone know how this could have happened :huh: ?

#28 Guest_doubletrance_*

Guest_doubletrance_*

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

why don't you use Vistalizator?
http://www.froggie.sk/

#29 Kristain Hayes

Kristain Hayes

New WinMatrixian

• 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:01 AM

hi just Follow the given instructions for installing the Windows 7 Language Pack:
STEP 1: You can access the Control Panel through the Start Menu.
STEP 2: Then select Change Display language under the Clock, Language, and Region Box. If you’re in Classic View, select Regional and Language Options.
STEP 3: Make sure you’re on the keyboards and Languages tab and click on Install/Uninstall Languages.
STEP 4: Select the 2nd option and locate to your DVD drive or where you had previously extracted the ISO. You only need to move to the directory in which the windows 7 language pack is in. For some reason, the ISO doesn’t show up as a selectable option. (Microsoft may offer these language packs as optional updates in the near future).
STEP 5: Click Open and Windows will automatically search the language pack. You need to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) and Install the Language Pack. This may take several minutes.
STEP 6: Once you’re completed, you’ll be prompted if you want to switch to the installed language pack.
Whenever you change language packs, you will have to log off and log back in for the changes to take into effect. In the future when you want to change language packs that have already been installed, go back to the “Keyboards and Languages” tab under Regional and Language Options and you should be able to select from a menu of different language packs.

#30 Jawadkho

Jawadkho

ʝѧшѧםҜҥѻ

• 120 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

hi just Follow the given instructions for installing the Windows 7 Language Pack:
STEP 1: You can access the Control Panel through the Start Menu.
STEP 2: Then select Change Display language under the Clock, Language, and Region Box. If you're in Classic View, select Regional and Language Options....

That button isnt shown in versions that don't have support for the language pack.

#31 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

im testing windows 7 professional, i wanna install spanish language pack ...
Windows 7 Professional
but i cant.
does it not supported??
what can i do??

Why the heck are you still testing a released product LOL

#32 Guest_kjoebie_*

Guest_kjoebie_*

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:47 AM

Hi, I was just wondering if this also possible when you have a Windows 7 Professional English edition? Because I tried all the steps said here before, but I only get 'windows starten' in dutch, all the rest is in English...
does anybody has some advice how I could solve this?

thanks...

#33 Guest_pawerpoint_*

Guest_pawerpoint_*

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

Thanks guys, you've done a great job, I don't understand why Microsoft doesn't prvide such kind of service to all its users and not just to the ultimate versions. They already know that there're guys as like you that could do it just with 3 CMD strings and share it with the net..

#34 Guest_random_*

Guest_random_*

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

men...i've seen so many posts but i haven't yet figured out how this internal installation of a mui under non ultimate or enterprise edition ends up.I mean, will someone after that have genuine problems or not? Just a simple question that i hope someone here can answer.Even a "yes" or "no" is enough. Another question i want to ask is if someone can slipstream a mui in dvd and make the mui language default so a for example professional edition has only one and not many languages installed. Would this make the professional edition with only one language installed,due to slipstream,a product withou non genuine problems?
Please answer these two question.
*Of course we are talking about a 100% legal product of windows 7.

#35 Guest_Eli_*

Guest_Eli_*

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

how do i restore the English language after i traslated it to another language and deleted from registry the en-Us?

#36 Guest_sce_*

Guest_sce_*

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

I think it is:

Run CMD as administrator and type:
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath: (example: c:\langpack\sv-se) This can take quite a while

Then type

bcdedit /set {current} locale sv-se (or whatever language)

then

bcdboot %WinDir% /l sv-se

Then in regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlMUIUILanguages
delete en-us

Restart and we have win 7 pro rtm in polish (swedish in this example)

Thanks worked like a charm

Hi,

I've got blue screen after doing this, changing the en-US to pl-PL version. Only got back to windows by doing last good known configuration.

Any idea why is that?

Needles to say I'm doing it on a computer that is already installed with Windows 7 Pro.

Thanks.

#37 Guest_Constantin_*

Guest_Constantin_*

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

I have an MSDN account given from my university. I downloaded windows 7 x64 pro English and then i tried to install the Russian MUI provided in the language pack x64, also provided by MSDN. There is no option to install a new language on the control panel and when i try to use DISM command on CMD i get "Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM"
I tried other languages but I get the same, there is nothing pirate that could be the reason, also both windows and language pack are provided from the same source. I can't understand whats going on

#38 Guest_Phil_*

Guest_Phil_*

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

i get "Error: 740 Elevated permissions are required to run DISM"

run command line as administrator

#39 Balanovich

Balanovich

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hi,

I'm using a tablet pc with windows 7 professionnal.
Ok, so I have three questions.

If I install the French MUI Pack, can I still have the menus and everything in english? I only want to have the handwritting feature working in french.

Secondly, How do I get a MUI pack ? I have a MSDN account to, I downloaded Win 7 pro from it but I don't seem to have the option to download any MUI pack. Can someone help me please ?

If things go badly, is it easy to undo ?

Thank you very much

#40 Guest_Thomas_*

Guest_Thomas_*

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hey

When I write the first line in cmd I get the message error 87 the online / add-package option is unknown

Can some one help me ?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, language pack