• 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:00 AM

Can't wait for 64 bit version :woot:

#42 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

Wish someone would supply the 64bit files....I would if my connection would run the way it should..

Works perfectly on my 32 bit 7...though I need 64bit..

#43 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

Oh no I have got the 64bit files from xibad

But I am getting the registry fixed up and maybe I will also need testers ( if somebody is willing to mess up there installations :P or have virtual systems - just 1 or 2 builds before I finally release it). But xibad is on vacation till thursday so lets see .... I may release an alpha to the wild tho without testing or anything !?!?? lets see ...

#44 noidea

noidea

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

i am keen to test

#45 Guest_AlexGuest_*

Guest_AlexGuest_*

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:17 PM

I can test it in my VMs :)

#46 XibaD

XibaD

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

I'm here now :)

#47 Guest_mcs_dodo_*

Guest_mcs_dodo_*

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

shouldnt u be back on thursday ? :D ... im still impatient to x64 version :)

#48 Guest_guestaros_*

Guest_guestaros_*

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

if you want any help just let me know.

i have several VMs to test on them. ;)

#49 XibaD

XibaD

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

I'm testing now, I will report the results very soon :)

#50 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

Well apparently, as Xibad reported, it doesnt work on 64 bit. :( And I dont think I will be able to make it untill I setup my own 64 bit Win7 VM. (whoops sounds like a lotta work)

Here is the download link of the installer for those of u who want to give it a spin. Plz report whatever happens, provide screenies. It doesnt mess with the WMP12 u have so u can try it without worries.

http://leakz.net/WMP12 - 64 bit.exe

Follow instructions on first post, and also delete this registry key after the install, (and also try other things that may come to your mind to make it work ) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\Installed Versions

#51 XibaD

XibaD

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

Well apparently, as Xibad reported, it doesnt work on 64 bit. :( And I dont think I will be able to make it untill I setup my own 64 bit Win7 VM. (whoops sounds like a lotta work)

Here is the download link of the installer for those of u who want to give it a spin. Plz report whatever happens, provide screenies. It doesnt mess with the WMP12 u have so u can try it without worries.

Follow instructions on first post, and also delete this registry key after the install, (and also try other things that may come to your mind to make it work ) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Setup\Installed Versions

Maybe is that I have localized spanish version of Win7. Someone with native english version test it, but after installing I got an "damaged complement" error in WMP12 first launch

#52 Guest_A.l.e.x_*

Guest_A.l.e.x_*

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

I' am using Win7 x64 Ultimate EN-US with DE-DE MUI

I've installed your x64 package, but Windows Media Player isn't in the taskband list where i can choose the taskbands. :(

#53 Guest_guest_singhy_*

Guest_guest_singhy_*

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:25 AM

Chaps,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it working - I've tried several times, disabling Virus Scanner, restarting, disabling Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service etc, and no luck.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate (V 6.1 Build 7600) with WMP12. I closedown WMP12 and "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" in Services. I then run the installer without any problems. At the end of the install I run WMP12 with Toolbar and I get the following error message on loading WMP12:

"Windows Media Player was not closed properly. A damaged or incompatible plug-in might have caused the problem to occur. As a precaution, all optional plug-ins have been disabled."

I've tried browsing through plug-ins and there isn't anything there to do with the toolbar, and also when I right-click on the Taskbar and go to "Toolbars" there isn't a Windows Media Player toolbar listed there at all (either before or after I open WMP12 with Toolbar for the first time)?

Sorry if this is stupid newb question, but any help much appreciated. I'm desperate to be able to watch video in the background whilst I'm working in Word! Thanks

#54 Guest_BlackDiamond87_*

Guest_BlackDiamond87_*

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

Seems like just what im looking for, good work mate, but cant use it cos im on 64 bit, really cant wait for the x64 version! Has anyone else taken on the task of tweaking it? Best of luck if anyone has!

#55 bigleft

bigleft

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

Hello all... new to the forums herrrrre.

I have a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I ran the original .exe to make the changes to the registry, only afterwords to read that it was meant for 32bit systems. I'm running 7 64bit :/. The problem I am having now, and I can't be 100% sure that these registry changes are the cause, but I'm trying to eliminate it as a possibility, is that something is now keeping my system from entering sleep mode. Before the install it was working fine, therefore I'm fairly certain it was caused by this.

cmd:: powercfg -requests // shows a system driver, legacy kernel caller // keeping the system from entering sleep.

I guess my question is, what changes does this .exe make to the registry, and can I revert them back somehow through regedit? Would an easier fix be to re-install wmp12, and if so, how would I go about doing that?

Any help would be appreciated.

#56 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Hello all... new to the forums herrrrre.

I have a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I ran the original .exe to make the changes to the registry, only afterwords to read that it was meant for 32bit systems. I'm running 7 64bit :/. The problem I am having now, and I can't be 100% sure that these registry changes are the cause, but I'm trying to eliminate it as a possibility, is that something is now keeping my system from entering sleep mode. Before the install it was working fine, therefore I'm fairly certain it was caused by this.

cmd:: powercfg -requests // shows a system driver, legacy kernel caller // keeping the system from entering sleep.

I guess my question is, what changes does this .exe make to the registry, and can I revert them back somehow through regedit? Would an easier fix be to re-install wmp12, and if so, how would I go about doing that?

Any help would be appreciated.

If u have the installation dvd then what u can do is perform an upgrade from the same build (yes it works) which will restore ur system keeping all ur other files/settings intact. Sorry for messing up ur system but as u shud know that I am not microsoft :D

#57 Guest_Jacob_*

Guest_Jacob_*

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

Hi,

I have the retail edition of Win 7 Pro 64bit (ver 6.1 build 7600) installed (I am an engineering student so I got it early for free :)).

So I tried installing this. I ran the exe and it finished. Then Windows pops up an error stating that the program may have not installed correctly.

Then I went back to the first post to see if I missed anything which I did. So I stopped the network sharing service and installed the exe again. This time no warning about being installed incorrectly. But I DO NOT see the option for the toolbar.

#58 Guest_jaimetotal_*

Guest_jaimetotal_*

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

One doubt,
the 64 bit-version installer has the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\devrexster.googlepages.com\WMP12 Taskband (64 bit)".
However, it doesn't create anything in that path. I change the path, but still doesn't create any file. Is this supposed to be right?

#59 Guest_Castspeller_*

Guest_Castspeller_*

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

I have tried this on an english verion of Win 7 64-bit Ultimate and I get an error from WPM that says it was shutdown improperly and is closing all optional plug-ins.

#60 Guest_singhy_*

Guest_singhy_*

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:23 PM

Chaps,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it working - I've tried several times, disabling Virus Scanner, restarting, disabling Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service etc, and no luck.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate (V 6.1 Build 7600) with WMP12. I closedown WMP12 and "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" in Services. I then run the installer without any problems. At the end of the install I run WMP12 with Toolbar and I get the following error message on loading WMP12:

"Windows Media Player was not closed properly. A damaged or incompatible plug-in might have caused the problem to occur. As a precaution, all optional plug-ins have been disabled."

I've tried browsing through plug-ins and there isn't anything there to do with the toolbar, and also when I right-click on the Taskbar and go to "Toolbars" there isn't a Windows Media Player toolbar listed there at all (either before or after I open WMP12 with Toolbar for the first time)?

Sorry if this is stupid newb question, but any help much appreciated. I'm desperate to be able to watch video in the background whilst I'm working in Word! Thanks

Any ideas? Thanks again

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wmp