[winners announced] Win Windows 7 License Keys

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#121 The Black Manba

The Black Manba

New WinMatrixian

• 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for the insight, at the least I am glad that you like my entry. Well Good luck for all and I hope that I do post my entry on time next time.
But thanks for the feedback.

#122 Ace Starr

Ace Starr

the winmatrix addict

• 289 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

The participants need to write a post about their Favorite Feature or thing in Windows 7 in not more than 500 words

OMG! i totally forgot about this rule. Abhi: is this rule binding? does it affect the results? :o

#123 The Black Manba

The Black Manba

New WinMatrixian

• 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

Thanks again for the feedback.

#124 TomWij

TomWij

Windows 7 Fan

• 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

The participants need to write a post about their Favorite Feature or thing in Windows 7 in not more than 500 words

OMG! i totally forgot about this rule. Abhi: is this rule binding? does it affect the results? :o

The rules enforce benefits and harder competition. I think the words limit are there to ensure Abhi doesn't spend too much time on a single post, but unless you have written too much you shouldn't need to worry... Nice that Abhi isn't strict on the rules, it gives a lot more chance for the people that didn't check the rules, while it wouldn't differ much in the chances of those already eligible.

Anyways, I wish everyone good luck; may the best, the second best and the third best win! :-)

#125 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

Okay...some last moment excitement here! :P
Reviewed all the entries, discussed with Jatin too. Results coming out any moment now!

@The Black Manba, sorry buddy, just a little late. I can't bend the most basic rule, that of time, hope you understand. Better luck next time.

@Ace Starr,
What TomWij said. And moreover, we had to put some limit on the words, it goes like this everywhere wish such contests.

#126 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

Ah, the excitement. Even if I don't end up winning, I just want to be done with the wondering (and refreshing of the Windows 7 forum).

#127 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

WINNERS Announced!!!

Posted Image

1st Position, Windows 7 Ultimate Key: xsever

2nd Position, Windows 7 Professional Key: There are two winners, both will get separate keys.
Afzal

TomWij

3rd Position, Windows 7 Home Premium Key: Merforga

Congratulations to the Winners! Please check you Personal Messages, I've messaged you. Reply to the PM and confirm your choice of key: 32 bit or 64 bit.

Rest of the participants, It was really tough, sorry, you were good, but the winners were just a little better! Better luck next time.

Thanks for your participation. :)

First post updated.

#128 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:43 PM

Great job guys :) . And thanks for the fun contest Abhi (and lareeth), hope we have things like this a bit more often on Winmatrix!

Edited by Elijah?, 15 August 2009 - 03:43 PM.

#129 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

Thanks Elijah? for those nice words, your entry was good too. :)

I too hope contests like this keep on happening.
I for one can say, I'd try to do a similar contest when Office 2010 gets released.

Thanks everyone for being such a good sport.

#130 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

I would like to thank Jatin, Abhi and lareeth for this great contest. What makes this forum an exceptional one is the quality and not the quantity of its members.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Edited by xsever, 15 August 2009 - 04:00 PM.

#131 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

Congratulations to the Winners!

p.s: I thought Merforga's was the best ... but anyways, Well Done Everyone !! :yes:

#132 The Black Manba

The Black Manba

New WinMatrixian

• 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Congrats to all the winners. Even if I was not able to partipate on the constest, but it was really fun and I really liked the competition. I really hate loosing but I honestly thing that I had a chance to win with most post. But again, I want to congrat all the winnders, participants and winmatrix for these wonderful opportunities.

#133 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

wooot :D I won a professional key :D :D :D Thanks Jatin, Abhi, Lareeth and WinMatrix :D

Edited by Afzal, 15 August 2009 - 04:26 PM.

#134 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:29 PM

here's the difference between these 3 flavors
http://www.w7forums....mate-t1234.html

#135 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

Congratulations guys! (:

#136 Ace Starr

Ace Starr

the winmatrix addict

• 289 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

Congrats to the winners. B)

I am jealous :ph34r: but i'll get over it. :) Hate loosing, especially since I thought the odds were pretty good. The probability of my winning should be 3/37 or 3/38 - nice, but it actually turned out to be 4/37 or 4/38 and i still couldn't make it. Just not my day I guess. :o
I don't see myself participating in Office contests because I have a perfectly good, working Office 2007 and if I post and somehow win, it won't be using it much. That would be such a waste. So i guess I'll have to wait till Windows 8 to win a contest I really wish to win here :o

@abhi:
1) Great contest mate. Don't mind me, keep as many contest as you can. It attracts a lot of guests and encourages them to sign up.

2) In the other thread, you had asked me why I hadn't read through again. Well I kept coming back again and again (I needed the keys) but the first post said it all and so I wanted to wait till the contest got over to read this thread completely. Anyways, I did shrug off my laziness and signed up for facebook. what i want to say is a) you could have updated the first post and removed the facebook clause(s) from it. b ) Why exactly did it become a requirement? (just curious... u can ignore if u like)

3) Who is that Chick? :D

Edited by Ace Starr, 15 August 2009 - 04:54 PM.

#137 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks Abhi for providing the keys. It's time for the front page news!

#138 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

@InlineSkate, where was your entry? Why didn't you submit/edit it?

@Ace Starr,
Don't be jealous, you know everyone can't win...right? You did good, that should make you happy.
We decided on keeping the Facebook clause, so that the WinMatrix Facebook Page also gets attention of the members, and more and more members join it. Later on, some members were not happy about this being a condition, so it was no longer mandatory.

And, I don't know who that chick is! :D

@Jatin, You're welcome! :)

#139 TomWij

TomWij

Windows 7 Fan

• 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

wooot :D I won a professional key :D :D :D Thanks Jatin, Abhi, Lareeth and WinMatrix :D

Same here. *shakes hands with Afzal*

Thank you all for being part of this nice opportunity, I'm happy not to be on the first or last place as Professional seems right to me.
Watch out for my next post in this thread, I'm planning on doing a reinstall pretty soon and once I have fully customized the various aspects I will post a screenshot together with a quick shot of what I notice being different in Windows 7 RTM. (As I'm still using RC at this very moment...)

And yes, losing something you really look out for (sometimes there are those prices you really want for free) is indeed annoying, I really don't like it... I share compassion with those that really were in some need of the price.

#140 Ace Starr

Ace Starr

the winmatrix addict

• 289 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

@InlineSkate, where was your entry? Why didn't you submit/edit it?

@Ace Starr,
Don't be jealous, you know everyone can't win...right? You did good, that should make you happy.
We decided on keeping the Facebook clause, so that the WinMatrix Facebook Page also gets attention of the members, and more and more members join it. Later on, some members were not happy about this being a condition, so it was no longer mandatory.

And, I don't know who that chick is! :D

@Jatin, You're welcome! :)

@abhi:

Like I said, I'll get over it.
hmm... Thats what i suspected.

Keep it up man! Cheers!

ps: Damn it, I suspected that as well. I suppose its better that chick stays anonymous! :P

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!