158 replies to this topic

#81 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:34 AM

I like how some old members are coming up and participating in this contest,
but....just a small reminder.
Entries of members who have less than 10 posts will not be considered, clearly stated in the rules.

Also, please try not to make off-topic comments, or comments on other's posts if those are not required.

Thanks.

#82 mikeymike76

mikeymike76

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hi

As I am writing this on a RC of Win 7, here are my fav windows 7 features:
I love the new GUI, its so slick and fast.
The new search feature where you just type what you are searching for in the top search box.
The peak feature of the task bar is amazing, and make for easier for checking many open the applications (especially the Windows key + number)

Thanks

#83 Laur

Laur

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:00 AM

Hi,

Windows 7 is the next generation of operating system. I tried it from the fist build and I like very much, from graphic to stability.
It's my favorite operating system. It's wonderful!!!

#84 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

At the above two.

Entries of members who have less than 10 posts will not be considered, clearly stated in the rules.

#85 Mahendran

Mahendran

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hai Viewers,
Have nice day! This is one of the Best in our world operating system software in windows.
we are used the windows 3.7, 97, 98, 2000, 2003 server and XP, latest Vista to be used the software in the development of the focus in microsoft in windows.

this is best of our world. in the conuntry.

#86 Infuzija35

Infuzija35

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:29 PM

I love the Windows Media Player 12:).Superbar is AWESOME i like gadgets and the Winflip 3D:D:D

#87 Vodka7

Vodka7

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

My favorite feature about Microsoft’s Windows 7 is the updated taskbar, appropriately dubbed the “Superbar”. This new taskbar is better than what was included in previous versions of Windows in many ways such as aesthetically, functionally, and just plain ease of use. Three of these things, with great synergy, provide users with an extraordinary experience.

The taskbar has received a facelift in the past few versions of Windows, such as the colorful change XP brought, the overhaul in Vista, and now the Superbar. This new taskbar has obtained a few extra pixels in height, thus giving the default icon size a boost, and lost all color to follow the Aero Glass theme. This size enhancement offers better control for touch screens, and makes it easier to quickly open applications which users have pinned to the taskbar. This is also a revision to the Quick Launch feature (which has been disposed of), allowing users to simply pin applications to the Superbar. Without the icon text as in previous versions of Windows, the thumbnail preview feature has also been augmented in multiple ways.

Introduced in Vista, thumbnail previews now function to allow users to close open windows by simply clicking the ‘X’ button in the preview. The use of thumbnail previews doesn’t stop there though, as thumbnail previews have now been put into overdrive. All other windows will become transparent to allow the user to clearly see whatever application window he or she may be trying to view, steering clear of the hassle of minimizing windows to get a full look at a program. This applies similarly for the desktop with the new Aero Peek feature, a substitute for the ‘Show Desktop’ option. All windows will become transparent giving one a full preview of the desktop. Located at the very right of the Superbar, things can’t get much easier than this.

And finally, just how does Windows 7 make life easier on the user? As you can see above, the whole concept of the Superbar is what makes it remarkable. The tiny increase in size has no major effect on windows, but on the taskbar it does wonders. Pinning and launching icons to and from the taskbar, as well as being able to open and close windows by just hovering over them; all from one place. Flick your mouse to the bottom-right, click, and voila, you can see your desktop, how neat is that? Or how about the new Jump List feature? A Windows Media Player jump list shows your last played tracks, or an Internet Explorer one that shows a list of recently visited websites.

There’s not much else to say about the Superbar, the features it offers uplift the atmosphere of the operating system. The aesthetics, functions, and simplicity of the taskbar really let users feel that it’s all at their fingertips. Three years in the making, albeit, the ‘Wow’ starts now.

Thanks for reading, and good luck to all participants.

ohhh mahhh gawd. i liek dis one.

#88 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Holy crap. Just about all the contest entries on this page has -10 posts.

Except for that guy ;)

|
|
V

Edited by Linda V, 14 August 2009 - 12:33 AM.

#89 Makaizen

Makaizen

New WinMatrixian

• 36 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

My favorite feature in Windows 7 is the OS itself. Now, I don't have Windows 7 on my PC as of now, but the first time I saw it on my friends laptop, I was amazed it's interface. It just seems so mich refined than Vista and it has features to compete with it's OSX competition. Aero snap and aero shake makes the whole computer experience much more efficient and entertaining. One feature to be specific about Windows 7 is the boot screen. Although it may not seem so important, I feel that it gives a person an impression that this operating system will be the best Microsoft will release.

64-bit key is preferred! :D

#90 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

Holy crap. Just about all the contest entries on this page has -10 posts.

Agreed. Does anyone actually read the rules before entering a contest?
Edit- Aaand there's another below-10 under me.... <_<

Edited by Elijah?, 13 August 2009 - 11:11 PM.

#91 vistafanatic

vistafanatic

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

I love the Jumplist feature something that Vista should have had. I also like how the OS responds much better and faster than Vista. I also love the AeroPeek feature finally something that I use every day and I hope that I am lucky to recieve a free copy of this. I need Ultimate for my new laptop. This is the most responsive operating system to date.

#92 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

@Elijah?

Sometimes they do read it. Most of the time when they read it, they just don't care. It's like a 'im gun enther nyway cuz i can!' sort of thing.

& LOLLL at your edit.

#93 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:55 AM

@Elijah?

Sometimes they do read it. Most of the time when they read it, they just don't care. It's like a 'im gun enther nyway cuz i can!' sort of thing.

& LOLLL at your edit.

Ha, true. I'm gonna keep an active tally of how many less-than-10 entries there are. This should be fun :lol: .

Number of Less-than-10 Entries:

Edited by Elijah?, 15 August 2009 - 02:02 PM.

#94 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:25 AM

offtopic: Sorry for being offtopic.

Shud all the posts of members with less than 10 posts be removed ?? That will cut some crap off this thread ...

BTW, there are a bunch of guest entries :P too that u people cant see coz I (or none of the other mods) have approved them. And some of them are really ridiculous :lol:

Hai Viewers,
Have nice day! This is one of the Best in our world operating system software in windows.
we are used the windows 3.7, 97, 98, 2000, 2003 server and XP, latest Vista to be used the software in the development of the focus in microsoft in windows.

This post shud win something. :lol: Sounded like Borat to me ...

#95 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:37 AM

Shud all the posts of members with less than 10 posts be removed ?? That will cut some crap off this thread ...

I think so. If you do, you can go ahead and remove my posts on the subject, as they would then be pointless ;) .

Edited by Elijah?, 14 August 2009 - 01:37 AM.

#96 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:40 AM

BTW, there are a bunch of guest entries :P too that u people cant see coz I (or none of the other mods) have approved them. And some of them are really ridiculous :lol:

Hai Viewers,

This post shud win something. :lol: Sounded like Borat to me ...

You know how hard I'm trying not to comment on some of the posts, since it would not be fair. :cry: But it looks like I missed out on Windows 3.7 and 97!!! Damn, where was I?

But let the posts be there, all of them, so that I might pick some that I ridiculously enjoyed reading the most. A little fun at the end of a workday doesn't hurt anyone! :)

#97 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:43 AM

@Lord Devrexster

Haha, I wouldn't doubt that there's a bunch of crazy guest entries.
I don't think you should because the -10 posters might redeem their post count later on and just sent in an early entry.

PLUSSS, we wouldn't see entries like the one you quoted.
I re-read it in the Borat accent and LOL'd so hard.

#98 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

I dont need 500 words, only 3:

IT IS FREE :lol:

(ok only the RC, but I am loving it)

#99 Borix

Borix

Active WinMatrixian

• 823 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:27 PM

Sorry for the double post, but WM is lagging... :blink:

BTW

Judging criteria would be:
Quality of the post, which would be indicative of the Reputation Points the post gets, from other members.

It is obvious that the first posters have a higher statistic chance of winning, which results in an unfair competition :no:

Edited by Borix, 14 August 2009 - 01:49 PM.

#100 TomWij

TomWij

Windows 7 Fan

• 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

Hello everyone, as a Tech Enthusiast I adore Windows 7 for the increased performance, reliability and efficiency. This actually covers a very wide set of improvements so I’m going to list the ones that I like and are less known, skipping the things that almost everybody likes.

First of all, the Resource Monitor is a nice overview of what’s happening on your system. It becomes very useful to figure out what processes are excessively using your drives, what application is eating up your internet bandwidth and virus activity. Another thing that helped me out is analyzing wait chains, I once had a hung installer waiting long for Outlook, when I closed that the installer could finally finish.

Since Windows 7, my High Definition videos play much better than before; I had various slowdowns and sound pops in earlier versions. My laptop might not completely fit the HD playback requirements, but with Windows 7 it just works. Farewell to the kernel dispatcher lock, audio glitches and graphics memory consumption!

As a laptop user, I often don’t have access to power outlets at places like the university, so being energy-efficient is a must. This is where a new feature of the power management comes to play: “powercfg /energy”. What this does is generate a comprehensive analysis of various things that have an effect on the power usage of your computer, based on that I can optimize settings and disable things. It also shows you how much capacity your battery has left, so you can figure out when you need a new battery.

Another thing that I like is Aero Snap; it makes multi-tasking so much easier than having to provide correct placement or using the tile menu option. Also, the new hotkeys and key modifiers make using things like the Super Bar and Aero Snap much more efficient. Super Bar deserves the extra horizontal pixels!

Last but not least, I like the new Troubleshooting section and the self-monitoring capabilities of Windows 7. What I really hated before was going through all kinds of windows to fix a problem, with troubleshooting you just let it search for the problem and fix it for you. You can even create troubleshooting packs yourself! Installers missing requirements, updates that fail, compatibility problems and such things seem to happen a lot less.

Windows 7 is in just one word: Amazing!

With kind regards,
TomWij

PS: Although there was no difference with Vista, I like 64 bit for the same reasons that I like Windows 7. Thank you for granting us the opportunity to have the chance to win a Windows 7 key, it’s not common for communities to do that. Way to go, WinMatrix! B)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!