[winners announced] Win Windows 7 License Keys

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#41 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:18 PM

Once upon a time, Windows 7 is only a myth until a beta was released last year. People around the world happy to see that a new OS released by Microsoft after several years ruled by the evil Windows Vista. Oh, cut the crap lets get straight to it. The most interesting feature in Windows 7 from my opinion is the new Windows Media Player 121. With a new interface and functions, it has become my most favorite media player. It has a unique function that other media player doesn't have such as Audio Preview2 where users can listen to the music on the fly without interupting the current playist. WMP12 also fully intergrated in the taskbar where we can see the Jumplist3 which contains information such as playist, last played songs, etc. It also have a mini version called Now Playing4 that allow users to listen musics with visualization and videos with fullscreen. Users also can change the songs or play/pause without opening the player with its Taskbar Mini Viewer5 . Currently WMP12 support H.264, Xvid, DivX video, AAC audio as well as .mov file format without third-party software. The UI itself is brighter and lighter than WMP11. Some buttons and toolbar items have been moved around, but the experience should be pretty familiar to users of version 11. WMP12 also allow users to rate groups of media files such as music albums, artists, or genres all at once. (There are other functions that i didn't discussed here, so try to look it for yourself ;) )

1) Posted Image

2) Posted Image

3) Posted Image

4) Posted Image

5) Posted Image

PS: REP ME PLEASE :P I WANT 32-BIT KEY

Edited by zool, 10 August 2009 - 03:24 PM.

#42 sonu

sonu

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

My favorite feature is Internet Explorer 8. I know Firefox, Chrome and Safari are better but think of those computer illiterates who can't differentiate between a real anti-virus warning and the fake antivirus which actually is a virus.

#43 dv1328

dv1328

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

The thing that I like about Windows 7 is that their organization. In Windows Vista, when there are a lot of files/programs running, it takes forever to classify it into one category. In Windows 7, they automatic classify it so that people will not avoid confusion. I also like the fact that you get to see your desktop automatically when you need it because some people need to access their desktop all the time and that is a good feature to include in Windows 7.

Also, another thing that I like about Windows 7 is that they don't include all the necessary junk. When I mean by "junk" is that Windows 7 does not include unnecessary programs that we don't use very often, like Windows Movie Maker. Unlike Windows Vista, it loads the operating system faster. If you ever tried loading Windows Vista onto a P4 computer, it slows down in a while. If you load Windows 7 onto a P4, it will be slow but will not slow down the PC. These are the things that I like about Windows 7.

To all contestants, I wish you guys good luck.

Edited by dv1328, 11 August 2009 - 01:52 AM.

#44 93-art ~ Alim93

93-art ~ Alim93

Âlîм •• мøhămmэð

• 379 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

My :heart: Feature in Windows 7, is the SUPERMAN...i mean, SUPERBAR... :whistle:

:bulletblue: The taskbar has been reinvented: It's amazing how the taskbar and its system tray have changed since Windows 95 (and believe me, i am glad to see it....). In Windows 7, they both undergo, a what i can say....Plastic surgery ?...LOL..anyway, For the most part, the results are extremely pleasing

:bulletorange: The new taskbar's default style does away with text labels and relies solely on program icons, therefore making better use of screen space. Its thumbnail previews--an improvement over Vista's--work well even when you have multiple windows open for one application.Grouped application windows will preview as pictured (hmmm): hover the button, and the thumbnails expand into view. Hover a thumbnail and the red x appears, allowing you to close (duh!!) the program....cool eyh ?

:bulletgreen: Apart from better visual task tips with smooth transition effects, it's fixed another minor annoyance. At last you can click and drag taskbar buttons to re-order them. I've always been a little irritated by the fact that I couldn't do that in previous Windows versions, and was glad to see the change.

Posted Image

:bulletblue: The thing that i like the most....well...almost, is that If you've got two folder open and are copying a file, the taskbar button will light up and act as a progress indicator.

:bulletgreen: And the new Jump Lists feature gives you right-click access to context-sensitive menus of options (such as the ability to play shuffled music in Windows Media Player...yeah...for people like me...) even before you've launched an application. Even the "nub" on the right edge of the taskbar, which you can click to reveal the desktop, is a welcome, subtle enhancement.

#45 andrey

andrey

New WinMatrixian

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:45 AM

I do not understand what is the big deal with WIN7 ?
You still need to run antivirus , antispyware , defrag HD , clean registry and so on .
As far as performance goes , with mess that Vista was , it is easy to speak about improvements when your bar is set so low .Maybe now it will be as fast as XP was.
As for eyecandy , Mac level is still out of reach for MS folk and Compiz in linux is preaty damn good to .
So i guess MS still ha lots of work to do , but i am glad they are improving .

#46 jzky

jzky

WinMatrixian

• 182 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:12 AM

three things i like about win7.

Jump Lists
Posted Image
a quick way to get to the latest documents, recent played songs righ from the superbar.

Notification Area
Posted Image
Less popups and takes up smaller size.
I think its pretty neat how it collects all aplications in one container..

Overlay Icons and Progress Bars.
Posted Image
Now you see how long a download of checking mail has come..

And if im one of the lucky ones, 64bit is prefered :)

#47 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

Frankly, I love too many things about Win7. But the best thing I like is the shortcuts for the programs in the Superbar. Win+# of the application in order in the Superbar.

#48 cancer10

cancer10

The Himalayan Warrior

• 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

I do not see a point, anyone can get the serial key for free [officially] here at http://www.microsoft...t/download.aspx

#49 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:24 AM

I do not see a point, anyone can get the serial key for free [officially] here at http://www.microsoft...t/download.aspx

Thank you for not seeing the point, we just like wasting our time like this now and then.
You can get all the keys you want from there and enjoy! And may be tell us if those keys work on RTM build.
Thanks again!

#50 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

Thank you for not seeing the point, we just like wasting our time like this now and then.
You can get all the keys you want from there and enjoy! And may be tell us if those keys work on RTM build.
Thanks again!

Well said !!

#51 z3phon

z3phon

New WinMatrixian

• 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

Taskbar!
Posted Image

500 words?
How about just 1 word beat that! :P
Just because of the taskbar it feels so different compared to the other windows operating systems.
It's almost impossible I win because I've never won anything like this, but if I do then a 64bit key would be unreal. :D
Good Luck to all of you.

Edited by z3phon, 11 August 2009 - 10:46 AM.

#52 electrik jesus

electrik jesus

New WinMatrixian

• 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:03 PM

For Windows 7, I would have to say that the Multi-Touch features are something that I can't live with out. I have a HP Tx2 and I have been loving all the MT goodness that comes with Win 7. Currently I am working on Widgets for the Bumptop UI under Win 7. Bumptop uses MT gestures. But only in Win7. So any other OS just won't make the cut. As you can see from the screenshot. I have all of my windows drop to the desktop when they minimize. I can either use the tab previews to switch to an app or I can click on the app lying on the desktop. Either will bring it forward. There is also the ability to write your own gestures in Win 7. This is nice because I mostly use the touchscreen. So a swipe to the left and then down will switch me to a new desktop. And a swipe up and left will bring up Flip 3d. The On-Screen KB is VERY nice too. I actually can use the f1-f12 keys w/out opening up the computer to access the KB.

In conclusion, Win 7 is the best release from M$ yet.

L8r

Jon

Attached Files

#53 Linda V

Linda V

OHLOOKIEME.

• 212 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

What's my most loved thing about Windows 7? More like you should be asking me about what I DON'T love about it! You know what, screw that because I love EVERYTHING about Windows 7. Even the names for the new features. C'mon. Superbar?! How awesome is that! And oh jeez, Jump Lists. That sounds so awesome. Think about saying that while speeding down a highway being chased by a bajillion cops.

"MIKE, MIKE! CUE THE JUMP LISTS!" Bang bang bang! SPHEWWWWWWW. <--Didn't that give you the BEST imagery EVER?

But I think the best name that they have for the new features is the Action Center. Omgwtfyes. I can imagine myself on Windows 7 and thinking 'Gee. I feel like being an Interpol spy. WAIT WAIT WAIT. OFF TO THE ACTION CENTER! *click* Oh man oh man oh man.'

And yet, besides the awesomeness of the names, the features themselves are just.... COOOOOL. Improved boot performance is an automatic plus, especially if I'm going to fantasize being a spy. What kind of spy has a slow OS!? Not inner me!

Posted Image
Do I even have to SAY anything for this picture? Honestly, do I? This amazing taskbar is going to give me Batman fever. I love Batman. I prefer the Joker, but Batman pwns too. HOMAN, THE JOKER THOUGH.

If Microsoft OSes we're the villains from the Batman universe, I think we know who's the Joker. And Windows Vista is The Riddler. Needs more work to fit the great evil(but really HOLY CRAP MAN SO AMAZING)ness of 7 but still pretty spiffy.

Continuing on, considering all the new extra features of Windows 7, I won't have to waste resources getting 3rd party applications when it's already THERE. Holy crap. ALREADY THERE? This spy is going to be one happy camper. Built in support for virtual drives and so on, so forth blah blah blah. YOU GET THE DEAL.

Thank you! Goodbye! :ph34r:

-----------------------

Hahaha good luck to everyone.

#54 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image
Image source

My favorite feature about Microsoft's recently finished Windows 7 would have to be the increased boot up and shut down performance. This is very important to me, as I shut down my computer every night, and have to turn it back on every morning. Also, as any good Windows modder knows, customizing Windows to your liking can include a lot of restarts. Faster boot times can increase performance installing updates as well, since a great number of driver updates and security patches force you to restart your machine to install and apply them. Starting your computer gives you an initial idea of how fast an operating system is, especially when it is noticeably faster than the previous release. It's the first thing you notice after you update your previously installed version of Windows. It gets you started doing what you need to do faster, and increase efficiency as you aren't left in a bad mood by long boot times. No one likes to wait around at a boot screen for longer than they need to, and long waits can leave you in a bad mood.
Of course, waiting for your computer to shut down during a restart or just shutting it down at night can be frustrating as well. My least favorite part of Vista was how long it took to shut down. But Windows 7 has fixed all of that. While using Windows 7, I've found that I haven't just given up and held down the power button to force it off. That's great, since I found myself doing it in Vista more times than not.

In my opinion, these two things are some of the most important parts of an operating system. The boot time of Windows 7 leaves you thinking, "Wow, that was fast!" And the shutdown with, "It's already off?" They speed up the start of my day, and the end of my night. They help me get going in the morning, and get to bed at the end of the day. It doesn't leave you with that bad taste in your mouth of a slow start, and doesn't have you walking off to make a sandwich. That's why it's my favorite part of Windows 7, and why I'll be upgrading from Vista.

Thanks for the opportunity, and good luck to everyone!

Edited by Elijah?, 12 August 2009 - 01:59 AM.

#55 dv1328

dv1328

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:26 PM

Thanks again!

Well said !!

i dont think that the RC keys will work on win 7 rtm because they will not be earning anything

#56 WhistAler

WhistAler

WhistA

• 1,866 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

Of course RC keys won't work on RTM version. Ignore cancer10's post. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

#57 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

I do not understand what is the big deal with WIN7 ?
You still need to run antivirus , antispyware , defrag HD , clean registry and so on .
As far as performance goes , with mess that Vista was , it is easy to speak about improvements when your bar is set so low .Maybe now it will be as fast as XP was.
As for eyecandy , Mac level is still out of reach for MS folk and Compiz in linux is preaty damn good to .
So i guess MS still ha lots of work to do , but i am glad they are improving .

WTF!? :blink:

Go and use a Linux if you find trouble with using Microsoft's OS's.

I just don't get it why you guys complain about Microsoft so much. They try to make the easiest OS and you guys are always complaining about them.

It's just totally unfair! At least they are the inventors of modern GUI OS's!

#58 chrisscorsese88

chrisscorsese88

WinMatrixian

• 200 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

I'm gonna have to say my favorite feature in Windows 7 is Aero Peek, now at least I don't have to bring up any windows to check to see if a page is done loading, or if I want to watch two videos at once, etc.

#59 Edgar J.

Edgar J.

PR WinMatrixian

• 129 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

I like Windows 7 because it just a awesome OS, with so many features that really make it worth to spend every single dollar on it.

Simplifies everyday task, like the improved taskbar, you can see the preview of the programs. The Jump list that makes everything easier when using programs giving you options on every program on a single click. The graphics UI effect are useful like the shake feature. The Windows Search on Start that makes easier to find programs. The nice integration of IE8 that comes with a Smart Screen check, accelerators and goodies. A better device management, where you can see in one windows all devices and manage them with tasks. The Home Group is very useful when having more than 2 PC's in your house, easier to transfer music, videos, files and much more, also you can use it to transfer music to devices like when I use it to my PS3 as media server. The View Available Network feature is fun when I don't have Internet service and I use the neighbor one (Yes I have permission >_>).

I like Windows 7 because works the way I want, because is faster, more responsive performance. Power management is useful, as we are in a Global Recession. Also the compatibility that makes me happy that I can run W7 in my PC, and requires minimum hardware to work. Able to reduce interruptions is nice and you can control the notifications etc.

Makes new things possible, I can "Play To" from the PC to my home theater, way to cool. With Media Center you can quickly browse recorded TV shows and media. Allows Internet Access to my home media. It allows you to stream home media. Works perfectly with Windows Live, great combination. And I used the Windows Touch feature and works well and makes easy things easier.

The complete Windows 7 OS, is what I like, thanks for reading.

#60 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

Wow...some really nice posts there!
This is getting tougher now...would be fun judging, still quite some time left. :)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!