• 2,085 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:13 AM

This is the first official Windows 7 release! :D

#22 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:04 AM

Can someone get me a key? i know that you will not use them all.

Once I have received all the keys that I'm going to get I might offer one (maybe two) up to WinMatrix Members, Ill never use them all.

I'll be your best friend :wub: :wub:

all i know is that we got a email from my ISP(comcast) saying that a copyright holder contacted them about us and we are still wait to see if we are getting sued or not.
and yes comcast is tacking what we do.

First time is usually a warning, second time is a fine. And if you do it a third time, you get a bigger fine and your internet subscription is scrapped. If you do plan to do anything with torrenting in the future, use peerguardian or use a torrent downloading service like imageshack torrentdrive.

Edited by Syzygy, 07 August 2009 - 05:06 AM.

#23 Stryder9

Stryder9

Main Head of Wolf_Brigade

• 55 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:59 AM

Yeaya i gots it :)

#24 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:02 AM

Can someone get me a key? i know that you will not use them all.

Once I have received all the keys that I'm going to get I might offer one (maybe two) up to WinMatrix Members, Ill never use them all.

I'll be your best friend :wub: :wub:

all i know is that we got a email from my ISP(comcast) saying that a copyright holder contacted them about us and we are still wait to see if we are getting sued or not.

First time is usually a warning, second time is a fine. And if you do it a third time, you get a bigger fine and your internet subscription is scrapped. If you do plan to do anything with torrenting in the future, use peerguardian or use a torrent downloading service like imageshack torrentdrive.

WOW.. talk bout ISP tracking you.. I wish i could use torrent but i'm using two routers.. kinda hard to port forward it.. damnn..

#25 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:19 AM

POPULAR

Let's see...if we can get some contest running here on WinMatrix for the members, and then give away 2-3 keys to the winners?
We can talk with Jatin, and if he thinks it is a good idea, we can plan some cool contest. We can lay some guidelines and qualifications, like minimum number of posts, etc. to participate. This might also help in getting more people join and be active at WinMatrix.

What do you say??

Jatin, is this a good idea?

#26 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

MSI and Apple Fanboy :D

• 622 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:23 AM

Let's see...if we can get some contest running here on WinMatrix for the members, and then give away 2-3 keys to the winners?
We can talk with Jatin, and if he thinks it is a good idea, we can plan some cool contest. We can lay some guidelines and qualifications, like minimum number of posts, etc. to participate. This might also help in getting more people join and be active at WinMatrix.

What do you say??

OMG!!!!! BEST IDEA EVER!!! +1!!!!

I would +1000 you, but I can only give you one :(

#27 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

What do you say??

No problems. I've PM'ed Jatin and lareeth...waiting for their response on this.
I'm ready to give away 1-2 keys (just as a token of appreciation towards this community), and if Jatin agrees, hopefully we'll have an interesting thing going on here, that is, if you guys want it...the members! :)

#28 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

I dunno if this has crossed your mind but...change your ISP man, comcast is definitely not respecting your privacy! And r u sure that it wasnt a prank by one of your friends?

#29 PcModer

PcModer

working on pcmoder

• 716 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:23 AM

I dunno if this has crossed your mind but...change your ISP man, comcast is definitely not respecting your privacy! And r u sure that it wasnt a prank by one of your friends?

Yes i know this because my dad ( the owner of the acc) got the email from comcast. And my dad is like no I love comcast. We have had them for 10 years now.

A contest would be great!!

Edited by knowledgeorb, 07 August 2009 - 10:30 AM.

#30 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

MSI and Apple Fanboy :D

• 622 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

What do you say??

No problems. I've PM'ed Jatin and lareeth...waiting for their response on this.
I'm ready to give away 1-2 keys (just as a token of appreciation towards this community), and if Jatin agrees, hopefully we'll have an interesting thing going on here, that is, if you guys want it...the members! :)

Hell yes we want it! If we win a key though, were are we going to get our Windows 7 iso from? Isn't it illegal to get the iso off torrents?

#31 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

No it's not. You are allowed one digital backup copy of any media you own. Plus you would only be downloading the MSDN ISO, not a crack or patch. But maybe there is a way you can download off TechNet if you win, which would be even better! :D

#32 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hell yes we want it! If we win a key though, were are we going to get our Windows 7 iso from? Isn't it illegal to get the iso off torrents?

No it's not. You are allowed one digital backup copy of any media you own. Plus you would only be downloading the MSDN ISO, not a crack or patch. But maybe there is a way you can download off TechNet if you win, which would be even better! :D

Don't know any way to download it from MSDN/TechNet without being a subscriber or having their login credentials. :D
You're right that downloading from torrents is not illegal if you're not cracking or pirating, but I really wouldn't like this contest to go for such a negative publicity...I hope you understand what I mean. :)

I'm not so sure about how you can get the ISO any other way.
If nothing else works, was thinking, if this thing goes ahead, I might upload the ISO somewhere and share the link with the winners.

#33 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:36 PM

Good thinking (Y) We dont want MS thinking WM become a source for piracy..

#34 PcModer

PcModer

working on pcmoder

• 716 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

Don't know any way to download it from MSDN/TechNet without being a subscriber or having their login credentials. :D
You're right that downloading from torrents is not illegal if you're not cracking or pirating, but I really wouldn't like this contest to go for such a negative publicity...I hope you understand what I mean. :)

I'm not so sure about how you can get the ISO any other way.
If nothing else works, was thinking, if this thing goes ahead, I might upload the ISO somewhere and share the link with the winners.

You could rar it and then email? or i might be able to host the file on my site?

#35 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

You could rar it and then email? or i might be able to host the file on my site?

Sir, we're talking about 2.33 GB here... :D
Can't give it out for hosting too.

#36 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

Sir, we're talking about 2.33 GB here... :D
Can't give it out for hosting too.

Can you make the ISO in RAR parts (rar.01 or however that works). And then when you unpack them all an ISO is unpacked. And then just host it on MediaFire. :yes:

#37 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

I think its better to use HJSplit because RAR parts sometime give problems after hosting especially with large files(data corruption)

#38 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

If you got the serial then downloading the ISO isn't illegal.

#39 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

If you got the serial then downloading the ISO isn't illegal.

We know that.
Then lets leave 'how to get the ISO' for now, just think about the keys.

#40 PcModer

PcModer

working on pcmoder

• 716 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:01 PM

Ya. so what do we have to do to win?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!