Yet Another Freeware Antivirus Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#41 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

Everytime anyone suggests Avast absenteekamsunshine goes into a panic mode, he reverts to a 10 year old mentality, and gets a pissy, its almost worth it to suggest Avast just to annoy him, because it is always cmoical :)

Anywho, Avast and Avira Free are the two best freeware AV's out there, but also wait for MS's free Security suite, it should be interesting, that might actually become the new standard.. who knows?

#42 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

I installed Avast! on my sister's comp, and didnt have to come and clean her PC for almost 4 months already :)

#43 xEks

xEks

Pronounciation: \`eks\

• 650 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

I installed Avast! on my sister's comp, and didnt have to come and clean her PC for almost 4 months already :)

That's because she doesn't go onto those dirty sites you do. *evil grin*

#44 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

This debate will be worse when you put on paid software.

about 12 times a year, I would prefer 1 times a year only.

#45 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

That's because she doesn't go onto those dirty sites you do. *evil grin*

fyi I dont even use a antivirus, I see no point to it.

Also my sister goes to worse sites than that, she loves desktop smileys, new animated screensavers and free games

#46 absenteekamsunshine

absenteekamsunshine

New WinMatrixian

• 41 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:35 PM

Everytime anyone suggests Avast absenteekamsunshine goes into a panic mode, he reverts to a 10 year old mentality, and gets a pissy, its almost worth it to suggest Avast just to annoy him, because it is always cmoical :)

Anywho, Avast and Avira Free are the two best freeware AV's out there, but also wait for MS's free Security suite, it should be interesting, that might actually become the new standard.. who knows?

I do not go into a panic mode and I do not revert to a 10 year old mentality when someone suggest Avast and you do not annoy me when you suggest Avast.......I just know from experiance what Avast is like and as a Christian i want to protect people's computers from the problem that I have seen with Avast and if people don't beleive me about Avast all they have to do is go to several computer stores and ask about Avast and a lot of computer stores will say that Avast is the worst antivirus program out there and that AVG is a good antivirus

#47 Tech

Tech

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

@:absenteekamsunshine
I think you said enough and EVERYBODY understands what you said. now will you please shut up and stop making me laugh....saying you are Christian and saying F***....don't sound too good....I use AVG btw....

#48 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

Where's the f**king banhammer? <_<

#49 squirrlehunter

squirrlehunter

iLurk

• 121 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

At the minute, im using MS Security Essentials beta on my laptop and Avast! on the desktop. Used to use Norton when it was a resourse hog a few years ago, but so far I have found Avast! to be the best freeware AV out there. MSSE is also going to be one of those top ones when it gets released (Y)

#50 absenteekamsunshine

absenteekamsunshine

New WinMatrixian

• 41 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

@:absenteekamsunshine
I think you said enough and EVERYBODY understands what you said. now will you please shut up and stop making me laugh....saying you are Christian and saying F***....don't sound too good....I use AVG btw....

I will only shut up once nobody recommends Avast anymore as if people here keep recomending Avast I do know that someone will listen and try Avast and then 1 day they will have problems with there computer because of the advice given about Avast where when they come back to complain I will not be held responsible for not saying what I know about Avast since I want to help protect other people's computers as Avast does have problems like I have already said

#51 xEks

xEks

Pronounciation: \`eks\

• 650 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

@absenteekamsunshine

Please stop posting already. People will always suggest Avast because to your dismay, some people like and have used it without any major problems. You seem to have an isolated incident and want to make it seem that it will happen to everyone. I personally use AVG without any issues.

#52 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:15 AM

@absenteekamsunshine
Get off your motherf**king period.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!