When a demolition gone wrong...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:32 AM

I got a civil eng degree, wat i see from this video is dat, the demolitionist made a spectacular demolition... i love to see how they made it.. trully an art.. hahaha.. :P
this happened it Cankiri, Turkey.. i saw it in the news yesterday..

#2 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

Saw this on failblog and totallycrap.co, not too impressive. The demolition could have failed more.

#3 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:50 AM

Saw this on failblog and totallycrap.co, not too impressive. The demolition could have failed more.

failed like what? exploding(too common)? split into half? burned? crumbled? shoot into the sky(i luv that if i saw one)? i never saw one like this before..

#4 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:54 AM

failed like what? exploding(too common)? split into half? burned? crumbled? shoot into the sky(i luv that if i saw one)? i never saw one like this before..

Failed like knocked down a new building beside it. The situation in the video didnt look like it did much damage, just the building didnt collapse when it fell.

#5 Tygr

Tygr

HOLY CRAP IT'S A TYGR GET IN THE CAR!

• 276 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

But the building ROLLED OVER without completely disintegrating. I would consider this an architect win, myself. The building survived partially INTACT after being KNOCKED UPSIDE DOWN!

Am I the only one completely surprised by the fact that it didn't just crumble?

#6 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:36 PM

Yeah, me too. It supposed to be crumble, but what surprised me is that it rolled over.
BTW, you shouldn't praised the architect because the real people who converted a drawing into a solid structure was the CIVIL ENGINEER. Architect only provide drawings, and civil engineer like me has to build it. It is so hard to build a structure according to architect plan coz MATH cannot sync properly with ART. You'll be surprised how it feels like to be a civil engineer. When the structure is finished, the 1st people will be credited are the architect but if something wrong happened to the structure, the 1st people going to be blame is us.

#7 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

Epic video! How a building can roll? They really have the best engineers! :yes: :lol:

#8 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

wow, wtf...this is epic!

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!