• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

Microsoft's Windows Genuine Advantage team claims they are able to and will be blacklisting the leaked OEM master key. Users who have used this "hack" are warned their Windows will become deactivated.

Yesterday we were alerted to reports of a leak of a special product key issued to an OEM partner of ours. The key is for use with Windows 7 Ultimate RTM product that is meant to be pre-installed by the OEM on new PCs to be shipped later this year. As such, the use of this key requires having a PC from the manufacturer it was issued to. We've worked with that manufacturer so that customers who purchase genuine copies of Windows 7 from this manufacturer will experience no issues validating their copy of Windows 7. At the same time we will seek to alert customers who are using the leaked key that they are running a non-genuine copy of Windows. It's important to note that no PCs will be sold that will use this key.

Windows 7 already includes an improved ability to detect hacks, also known as activation exploits, and alert customers who are using a pirated copy. There is a hack that is said to enable, when paired with the leaked key, a system to install and use a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Both the hack and the key are indications that a copy of Windows may not be genuine. The Windows Activation Technologies included in Windows 7 are designed to handle situations such as this one, and customers using these tools and methods should expect Windows to detect them.

source1 source 2

As Villain said View Post, if the hackers release their cracks after the release of Windows 7 then Microsoft can't block the leaked OEM master key because PCs sold would have used it. ;)

Edited by Ultimate John, 31 July 2009 - 05:40 PM.

#2 ShamusHand

ShamusHand

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,574 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

So, no way we're gonna have Windows 7 RTM cracked again before they ship it out? <_<

Epic fail, hackers.

#3 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

I saw this coming MS isnt that stupid. They couldnt let windows 7 fail like Vista

#4 dtack68

dtack68

^^^ Me and my girl, Rachel :) ^^^

• 470 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

My dad is not into software as much as me and won't buy and won't buy ANY software when it first comes out. Not big into pre-ordering. Cracking it was my last hope for it, I guess I will just have to wait until it is released. Good thing RC lasts until March 2010.

#5 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

You guys are ruling out cracking an anti-crack ! Come on, it's old news. Each time MS releases a new WGA, a new crack appears somewhere else. Just like Tom and Jerry!

Edited by xsever, 31 July 2009 - 07:58 PM.

#6 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

It's better to buy it. <_<

#7 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

It's better to buy it. <_<

+1

I'm saving my cash for it as we speak...

#8 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

I personally see no point in buying a minor windows edition, i technically bought vista, nowai im going to pay for vista r2.

#9 Munkypoo7

Munkypoo7

Proud WinMatrix Member

• 1,015 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:24 PM

I personally see no point in buying a minor windows edition, i technically bought vista, nowai im going to pay for vista r2.

Damn right.

#10 Bogo

Bogo

Bogdan

• 651 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:27 PM

No big deal.

A new crack will appear within days.

#11 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:02 AM

if they are smart, it WONT show up. they will hold on to it, release it as a 0 day exploit that turns off windows update, to keep MS from detecting it.

but hey, lets see how stupid they are going to be. good money says they do crack it, and release it prior to 0-day.

#12 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:48 AM

The good thing about this, is once you've done everything you need to do in Windows Update, you can apply the crack afterwards and turn off windows update :)

If you ever need to use Windows Update, uninstall the crack with the tool loader and then use re-arm hack and use Windows update again :P

#13 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:51 AM

Damn right.

yeah, i'm going to be sticking with my vista. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
the only problem with vista is it's memory usage. Other than that, everything else flies in terms of performance.

#14 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:20 AM

You guys are ruling out cracking an anti-crack ! Come on, it's old news. Each time MS releases a new WGA, a new crack appears somewhere else. Just like Tom and Jerry!

+1

Edited by _akier_, 01 August 2009 - 06:20 AM.

#15 Laguna

Laguna

Active WinMatrixian

• 830 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:46 AM

Oh that's bad news for me, I won't for sure buy ANY Windows. But something will come up. :lol:

#16 ShadowCoder

ShadowCoder

xIntegrated Technologies

• 315 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:17 AM

Microsoft and hackers will have another 10 rounds before the release. Things are hacked because they can be, not because it helps anyone. Its a game to them.

#17 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:18 AM

if they are smart, it WONT show up. they will hold on to it, release it as a 0 day exploit that turns off windows update, to keep MS from detecting it.

but hey, lets see how stupid they are going to be. good money says they do crack it, and release it prior to 0-day.

Well if it turns off MS update why bother even cracking it in the first place I thought the point of cracking windows was to be able to update it..

#18 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:06 AM

We didn't buy any OS since back then. All of our OSes were cracked up. And now you tell me this. crap.

#19 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:06 AM

is this have to do with the new hotfixes that being spread around the internet?? somebody claimed MS released a new build kernel 7600.16399 hotfixes to change the activation bits n blacklist OEM license.. i didnt download it coz it look suspicious..

#20 pataoengineer

pataoengineer

@pataoengineer

• 1,155 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

+1

Those cracks are updated more frequently and faster than MS !!!

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!