• 2,033 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:15 AM

Awesome! This is really a Godsent, thanks a million to the creator :D

#42 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:07 AM

Ok, so pirates can use Windows 7 for free till the release of SP1, right?

Again, patches/service packs will only slow down the progress of cracking; not completely stop it.

By the time SP1 comes out someone will find another 0-day exploit to activate windows.

#43 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:54 AM

what be this 0-day exploit everyone's talking about?

anyway, I've got a strange feeling M$ might have leaked the RTM on purpose, just to see and patch up all of teh loopholes in the activation. Just a thought. I mean, Microsoft has been leaking builds since beta for such a long time for unknown reasons.

Edited by FalseAgent, 01 August 2009 - 03:07 AM.

#44 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:21 AM

why am I NOT surprised? <_<

Hahah, you are so right. ;)

(This Captcha thing keeps on irritating me)

By the way, if this is the final Windows 7, why is in the About Windows, version 6.1? :huh:

Because that is the kernel version. Windows 7 is supposed to be the 7th consumer version of Windows. It has NOTHING to do with the kernel version. Windows 2000 is NT 5.0, XP is NT 5.1, Server 2003 is NT 5.2, Vista and Server 2008 is 6.0 and Windows 7 and Server 2008R2 is 6.1.

What this indicates, is that on the kernel level, that this is a "minor" update. Vista, on the other hand, was a MAJOR update to the kernel, just as Windows 2000 was a major update. This "minor" and "major" stuff has nothing to do with changes that you and I would see, but rather changes developers would see.

To add to that, Actually, Windows 7 does have 7.0 kernel revision, but it is reported as 6.1 so that it does not break the application compatibility, that is, all the apps running on Vista :should: continue to run properly on Windows 7 without any change in their code, coz they see the kernel version as 6.x
If it would have been reported as 7.0, it would have caused the same havoc that happened from XP-->Vista.

#45 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:13 AM

i read this from ZDnet, probably the activation cracks are from China.. there is a lot hackers there..

#46 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:06 AM

i read this from ZDnet, probably the activation cracks are from China.. there is a lot hackers there..

The hackers from China did not work, it showed windows was activated; however when slmgr.vbs -dlv was used to show the actiavtion status, the 'grace' period was still there.

It was Hazar who originally cracked it properly using the OEM SLP method.

#47 zool

zool

Kohzoku Oni

• 1,064 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:14 AM

haha.. china hackers failed.. :ph34r:

#48 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

You think there aren't any cracks for this?
There are thousands.
The majority of good hackers never release their material.
Greedy mo-fkas.

#49 Razor VinT

Razor VinT

tech savvy

• 2,164 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

^ You mean thousands of people make activation cracks, and never share them? :P

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!