Windows 7 RTM activation cracked via OEM licensing exploit

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:44 AM

F**k I feel ripped off now. Eh it was only $50, IMO, it was well spent.

lol.. not all country has the same price as in your country.. in US, probably it will cost $50 but in other cost up to 200++ in their currency.. differences in currency making people have to use pirated software coz it is very2 expensive to buy an original especially in Asian country...

That is true, but I was talking about the pre-order which is cheaper than the $100+ it would have been. I see your point though. Don't make it seem like I've never pirated. ;)

#22 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

MSI and Apple Fanboy :D

• 622 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:05 AM

I ordered my copy :whistle: honest!!!

*downloads the crack*... :lol:

#23 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:18 AM

A hacker named HAZAR has released a small Windos 7 activator (172KB) by using the same OEM license key explot.

Using the Lenovo certificate...

Yuck!

#24 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:42 AM

You bootleggers always make me laugh... :P

#25 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:24 AM

Now a hacker named Orbit30 released a Windows 7 crack. He has already updated it 4 times to make it perfect (almost).

Too bad it's really cracked!

#26 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

lol.. not all country has the same price as in your country.. in US, probably it will cost $50 but in other cost up to 200++ in their currency.. differences in currency making people have to use pirated software coz it is very2 expensive to buy an original especially in Asian country...

Market system don't base currency on remittance conversion factors. For example, candy costs like probably a penny in US and it ours in PhP 1. So the real conversion factor is Php 100 for US$ 1. Twice the remittance conversion factor.

In Japan, anime figurines are cheap while food is not. This is totally the reverse in our situation, although food is still costly.

#27 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

The Greatest Form of Complexity is Simplicity

• 484 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

In Japan, anime figurines are cheap while food is not. This is totally the reverse in our situation, although food is still costly.

How is that reversed?

Edited by MaximusAxis, 30 July 2009 - 10:13 AM.

#28 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

How is that reversed?

i guess figurines are even more expensive in his country :P

#29 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Now a hacker named Orbit30 released a Windows 7 crack. He has already updated it 4 times to make it perfect (almost).

Too bad it's really cracked!

He's cracked practically every version of Windows! He's a great hacker! :ph34r:

#30 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

How is that reversed?

i guess figurines are even more expensive in his country :P

figurines cost like Php 500 to us and those bakugan crap (a ball that transforms in robots, nothing else) is Php 5000 which is equivalent to an portable HDD.

pork costs Php 200 so that means you can get two kilos of pork instead of buying figurines.

#31 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:10 PM

Market system don't base currency on remittance conversion factors. For example, candy costs like probably a penny in US and it ours in PhP 1. So the real conversion factor is Php 100 for US$ 1. Twice the remittance conversion factor.

In Bangladesh, softwares are cheaper than food. Because everything in here is pirated (except the antivirus softwares).

Really guys, I bought Vista SP1 with 80 Takas (which means 1.15$). It came with an activator.
Don't blame me but that's the only way I can use an OS.

#32 mhunkeyz

mhunkeyz

WinMatrixian

• 55 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

Here is my fresh installed Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600 (32bit) activated using 7Loader Release 4 by ORBIT.(you are awesome! great hacker).

Attached Files

Edited by mhunkeyz, 30 July 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#33 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

I heard that Orbit stole some of Hazar's contents to make his own.

#34 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

POPULAR

you see, this just goes to show just how stupid they are. the cracks should have been safe, stored away, then on the day that 7 was made available to all, then they release it as a 0-day exploit. that way, MS has no time to change the code, all of the dvd's are out to the customers and such. but because they released the crack some 3 months ahead of time, MS has time to make a patch for it, and have it slipstreamed in to all of the OEMs and gold copies and such.

stupid hackers. no common sense.

#35 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

^
Extremely good point.

#36 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

^
Agreed!

Dev-Team has done the same with iPhone 3GS. They decided to delay the jailbreak for 3GS so that Apple can't patch the holes in 3.0.1 update.

#37 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

i mean, they are playing a game that goes "Looks what I did before You did! Nyah Nyaah Nyah!"
If the crackers would get a plan together and stick to it, it could have caused some Serious damage. Like, no fix for it until Win7 SP1.

#38 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

The Greatest Form of Complexity is Simplicity

• 484 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

you see, this just goes to show just how stupid they are. the cracks should have been safe, stored away, then on the day that 7 was made available to all, then they release it as a 0-day exploit. that way, MS has no time to change the code, all of the dvd's are out to the customers and such. but because they released the crack some 3 months ahead of time, MS has time to make a patch for it, and have it slipstreamed in to all of the OEMs and gold copies and such.

I really don't think they did it so the average joe can use it. They did it to show that it can be done.

#39 pcHuntqwerty

pcHuntqwerty

QWERTY

• 1,999 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

Ok, so pirates can use Windows 7 for free till the release of SP1, right?

#40 ShadowCoder

ShadowCoder

xIntegrated Technologies

• 315 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:57 AM

I really don't think they did it so the average joe can use it. They did it to show that it can be done.

Agreed. The thing about hackers is they don't do things for the greater good. Hacking is a state of mind to prove that things can be done. Haven't you ever responded "Because I Can" when someone asked you why you did something? Being a hacker is to live on an ego boost. As for me, I finally got my legit copy of Vista Business. Fortunately I work for a company that uses a network to control everything and when they got two new computers the company direction was to throw the software away. With permission from my boss, I conveniently through them away in my pocket. Along with the serials off the pc's :D

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!