• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

ok, i am looking in to getting another (ANOTHER) blog going.
probally going to call it Just Another Geek Blog

#22 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

I wish I knew what would work for my computer. I tried and failed numerous amount of times, never would even install.

Have you tried checking if your hardware is compatible.

Btw your avatar might come off racist to some.

#23 dtack68

dtack68

^^^ Me and my girl, Rachel :) ^^^

• 470 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Have you tried checking if your hardware is compatible.

Btw your avatar might come off racist to some.

I thought that it might, but I guess I will take it off. I laughed more at the faces he made than the reason he made them. I'll find a funnier one, though.

But there are many versions of hackintosh, like iDeneb and Kalyway, and they all have different hardware compatibility lists, so where do I look for those?

If you already know one that would fit this, please tell:

Nvidia GeForce 9800 gt - GFX
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H - MOBO
AMD Phenom II X4 920 - CPU

All other cards are integrated with the mobo.

EDIT: I fixed my avi for those that I may have offended...

Edited by dtack68, 18 July 2009 - 10:51 PM.

#24 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

I'd also like to install Leopard soon, but it's a lot harder cause I use AMD, just like dtack68. And it requires patching before installing.

#25 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:00 PM

^ that's still not a valid reason for not providing a user with a UI during a installation/uninstallation process.

Been using OS X for two weeks and that is really starting to bug me. I downloaded this program called "AppCleaner" which does get rid of all the files that has to do with the program (just drag the icon on top of it), but its still no excuse as to why there is no UI for that and I also think installing stuff can be confusing too.
Other than those two I have no other complaints about OS X, can't wait until Snow Leopard :).

Edited by Freka, 18 July 2009 - 11:02 PM.

#26 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

^ that's still not a valid reason for not providing a user with a UI during a installation/uninstallation process.

Been using OS X for two weeks and that is really starting to bug me. I downloaded this program called "AppCleaner" which does get rid of all the files that has to do with the program (just drag the icon on top of it), but its still no excuse as to why there is no UI for that and I also think installing stuff can be confusing too.
Other than those two I have no other complaints about OS X, can't wait until Snow Leopard :) .

Try this

http://www.appzapper.com/

#27 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

MSI and Apple Fanboy :D

• 622 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:50 AM

I'd also like to install Leopard soon, but it's a lot harder cause I use AMD, just like dtack68. And it requires patching before installing.

Kalyway 10.5.2 works really well on my computer. And I have an AMD processor. Its really easy to apply patches, just tick the box.

#28 JohnnyV1500

JohnnyV1500

Active WinMatrixian

• 487 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:59 AM

totally a blog would be awesome!

#29 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:18 AM

Other than those two I have no other complaints about OS X, can't wait until Snow Leopard :) .

Try this

AppCleaner is the exact same, only its free.

#30 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:14 AM

This is the reason why we should hate fanboys. Nothing happens when we debate about brand names.

#31 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:19 AM

actually i DO have a blog, several in fact. almost all of them lie dead. anyhow, i dont care for twitter, i find the idea silly to let the world know what your doing every moment of the day.

i have been debating making my own news / opinion blog though. yall have read my first two articles, tell me what you think, ok?

Twitter is a LOT more than that once you really look at it. ;)

#32 ShadowCoder

ShadowCoder

xIntegrated Technologies

• 315 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:24 AM

Actually, I give Villian about two-three weeks and he'll be switching back to the windows machine. He's addicted to VB code and making windows apps. Always has been! Though I'm jealous of the newer hardware. I have to stick with making my AMD Athlon 64 and 1GB ram dance. Surprisingly Vista Business, and Adobe CS3 Master collection run rather well on this 6 yo machine.

#33 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:38 AM

I have a 1 yr old kalway leopard installation. Seriously speaking, I dont find anything in Mac OS X that wud excite me ... (being that I installed it trying to look for ideas for writing apps). Its an "OK' type of an os.

A Villain blog ... sounds cool, he writes good stuff (Y)

#34 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

Kalyway 10.5.2 works really well on my computer. And I have an AMD processor. Its really easy to apply patches, just tick the box.

What a coincidence, I happen to have exactly Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd

#35 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

MSI and Apple Fanboy :D

• 622 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

PM sent :)

#36 dtack68

dtack68

^^^ Me and my girl, Rachel :) ^^^

• 470 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:20 PM

Hey hold up guys! I am trying to do this to! But too bad I threw away all of my hackintosh discs out of frustration... over to teh pie rate bai!

But yeah, Villian. If you want a custom domain, just buy a domain with godaddy and then use blogger to link to that domain, but if you don't, then you can use whatever free blogging service. That is what I did with my (somewhat)blog.

Edited by dtack68, 19 July 2009 - 12:21 PM.

#37 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

Other than those two I have no other complaints about OS X, can't wait until Snow Leopard :).

Try this

6i_nyykgGZA

proves a point: mac people have too much money to spend. :D

and what, we need to install another 3rd party app to uninstall other apps? ew. Apple SHOULD provide a system preferences pane or something to manage all of the installed programs/updates on the system. Then, we wouldn't need this AppZapp thng.

#38 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

You would probably have more luck with a MUCH newer version. 10.5.2 is old as hell. Newer versions have MUCH better support. Try iPC 10.5.6 with the Voodoo 9.5.0.0 kernel.

#39 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

You would probably have more luck with a MUCH newer version. 10.5.2 is old as hell. Newer versions have MUCH better support. Try iPC 10.5.6 with the Voodoo 9.5.0.0 kernel.

Tried kalyway, got stuck after 4 seconds in darwin. lol
So these other releases, are they AMD compatible?

#40 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Try this

6i_nyykgGZA

proves a point: mac people have too much money to spend. :D

and what, we need to install another 3rd party app to uninstall other apps? ew. Apple SHOULD provide a system preferences pane or something to manage all of the installed programs/updates on the system. Then, we wouldn't need this AppZapp thng.

I don't have too much money to spend, I just like to buy things I can't afford :D.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!