Tanker explodes on i-75

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:37 AM

HAZEL PARK, Mich. (WXYZ) - A tanker truck--and possibly two or three semi trucks--has exploded in the vacinity of northbound I-75/I-696/Nine Mile Road in Hazel Park, causing a massive fire and explosion. Eyewitnesses say the tanker tried to make it under the Nine Mile overpass but the top of the tanker hit the bridge, causing the explosion. It is not known what the tanker was carrying. A Michigan State Police officer told Action News reporter Cheryl Chodun that there were "two or three" trucks involved in the explosion.

I-75 has been shut down in both directions from the center of the fire. Response teams from Hazel Park, Madison Heights and Ferndale are at the scene.

Multiple sources have told Action News that the overpass has collapsed at the center of the fire. The explosion, according to witnesses, occurred around 8:15 p.m.

Action News crews are on the way to the scene.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is about a mile away from me and I could feel the blast.

Source

A firetruck was on the overpass trying to put out the fire and the overpass crumbled and fell to the ground.

My condolonscences to the families of the people who have died in this fire that still continues to blaze.

I can see the smoke in the air.

I know this is not related to this board but this is happening about a mile away and the situation is intense.

#2 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:14 AM

considering I like explosions, and love suspensions,

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! that's cool and nice!"

but then the smoke will suffocate you.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!