Three days with a Hackintosh

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

Again, I say what so you expect? Windows 7 themed like Ubuntu?

#42 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

^ what he said. Besides, Windows7 isn't exactly a major windows release. It's vista done right!

#43 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

When I started using Mac I missed my games, favorite apps, customization and WinMatrix. :lol:

..and BSOD :whistle:

#44 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

all i know is this, once 7 comes out, the wireless card will go back to the "new" pc, and i will probably live in 7's world.

#45 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

there will be another article once 7 days has passed, a follow up at to how a Week has passed, and how the "newness" has worn off, leading to some final lines of thought

should be up in 2 days. it looks to be an interesting article.

#46 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

uh, just out of curiosity, why do you label yourself as "The Bastard GMod"? I think you're the most innocent mod ever!

#47 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

man i got you fooled, dont i?
i am not as nice as i seem, nor as mean as people think i am.

#48 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

rip DVDs. (backup copies)

Posted Image

MacTheRipper

Don't forget about this :)
Posted Image

Get all kinds of free stuff!

There's others as well. Remember to check the threads here. I posted a lot of sites that have Mac products.

Also, check out Posted Image

You might want to check out REALbasic as well.

Posted Image
HISTORY of REALbasic
In 1997 CrossBasic was purchased by FYI Software which renamed it REALbasic as well as renaming the company REAL Software. At this time they dropped the Java target, later replacing it with a Windows target and database support. The IDE is now available for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and 32-bit x86 Linux and can compile applications for Windows (Windows 2000 and higher), Mac OS X (PowerPC, Intel, and Universal Binary) and 32-bit x86 Linux.

REALbasic Professional Edition includes all of the capabilities of REALbasic Personal Edition and adds these Professional Edition features:

Cross-platform compilation
REALbasic Professional Edition lets you create native software for Mac, Windows and Linux from a single code base. Supported versions are:

Windows 2000 or later (2000/XP/Vista)
Intel or PowerPC Mac
Mac OS X 10.2 or later
Any x86-based Linux distributions with GTK+ 2.8 (or higher), glibc-2.4 (or higher) and CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System), which includes:

Ubuntu 6.10 or later
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5

Extended database support
REALbasic Professional Edition adds the ability to connect to multi-user database servers like REAL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres or any ODBC data source. Our database API abstracts you from the details of each server so you can switch database servers without rewriting all of your code.

Database encryption
REALbasic Professional Edition adds AES 128 encryption for extra security.

Container controls
REALbasic Professional Edition enables you to create reusable custom controls that save time, reduce code complexity and promote a consistent user interface.

Console applications
REALbasic Professional Edition can create command line applications that can run in the background or when no user is logged in to the computer.

Secure network communications via Secure Socket Layers (SSL)
The Professional Edition provides the ability to make secure internet connections using SSL, including the ability to switch to and from secure mode on demand. It also supports secure listening, which is required for SSL-enabled servers.

AutoDiscovery class
The AutoDiscovery class is used to create network-aware applications that require no set-up by the end user. A REALbasic application that uses AutoDiscovery can find other AutoDiscovery-enabled applications on the network and establish a connection automatically.

Cross-platform remote debugging
REALbasic Professional Edition includes a remote debugger that enables you to observe your code execution on one computer as it runs on another computer. The remote debugger enables you to write your code on Windows, for example, and test it on Linux and Mac. Because the remote debugger is based on TCP/IP protocol, you can even use the remote debugger to test your application on a machine in another location, such as a customer site.

ServerSocket control
The ServerSocket control enables the rapid development of highly scalable TCP/IP server applications. It automatically manages incoming connections and scales to thousands of simultaneous connections.

Get answers from the experts
Your REALbasic Professional Edition license key provides you with access to web-based technical support directly from REAL Software for as long as your update plan remains current. But if you are depending on REALbasic for your work, you should seriously consider a REAL Software support plan for a faster and higher level of support.

Poisoned is an nice application as try ;)
Posted Image

#49 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

true...but I dunno. Apple seems to be more profit-driven than Microsoft, if you know what I mean. Microsoft's business looks like they're more service quality-driven.

They both seem equally profit-driven to me...

Actually, MS doesn't have to do that at all. They can jolly well leave IE8 there. So yes, MS did it out of the goodness of their hearts. Apple doesn't get sued for bundling Safari (or pretty much anything else) with OSX, but Microsoft gets sued by third-parties for bundling their own software in their own OS. Villain even removed Safari from his hackintosh OSX because he didn't like it himself.

You're right. MS didn't have to take IE8 out of Windows. However, the EU was going to implement some type of "solution," and MS would rather rip IE out of Windows and offer it through WU or CDs and not bundle 3rd party browsers with Windows. They didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. They did it so that their competitors wouldn't be bundled with Windows.

By ripping out IE, now MS can say, "Ha, now we're no longer tying IE with Windows," however, MS can still offer IE, and only IE, through WU.

As far as Apple goes, Apple isn't getting sued for bundling Safari, because Mac OS X only as at best a 10% marketshare. The entire problem with IE being tied to Windows was that MS was using Window's 90% marketshare to gain marketshare for IE. Since Apple has such a small marketshare for Mac OS X, they can't really exploit it to put Safari into a better position.

And Apple has been a victim of the EU:
http://europa.eu/rap...;guiLanguage=en

Basically, Apple and music labels agreed to only sell certain music exclusively over iTunes in certain European Countries. They only sent out a "Statement of Objections," and Apple and the record labels knocked the crap off.

There is no other company in the world out there that has to work with crappy third-parties, and still get trashed by them. Seriously, give them Microsoft a break.

#50 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:07 AM

I can say hands-down, Microsoft offers way alot more free products and services to their windows users (think: windows live) than what Apple offers to their Mac users.

They didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts. They did it so that their competitors wouldn't be bundled with Windows.

Naturally. Really, this is just a logical thing that Microsoft did.

in any case, here's a FU to the EU.

Edited by FalseAgent, 17 July 2009 - 02:08 AM.

#51 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:11 AM

I can say hands-down, Microsoft offers way alot more free products and services to their windows users (think: windows live) than what Apple offers to their Mac users.

Apple charges their iPod Touch and iPhone users to upgrade the firmware. That's just greedy.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!