WinMatrix's stand in Ad Blocks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:03 AM

Topics concerning Adblocks confuses me. I understand that most of these kind of sites stay alive coming from ad revenues. I tried to locate a topic explaining these in the dead Topics but can't find one.

I know of some sites forbidding the discussion of these blockers. Is winmatrix just TOO GOOD as a SAMARITAN to allow such or the owner is just rich?

I actually disabled my ad-blocker when I browse winmatrix but it seems, the mods/owner doesn't care anyway (since I read several discussions of these blockers).

In short, what is the stand of winmatrix against ad-blockers?

TY in advance for the future responses.

#2 Tygr

Tygr

HOLY CRAP IT'S A TYGR GET IN THE CAR!

• 276 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:56 AM

I think they'd like it if you disable AdBlock while on WinMatrix, but they're not going to kick you out if it's on.

I turn mine off, but unfortunately NoScript gets most of them.

#3 Jatin

Jatin

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

WinMatrix's source of revenue is through ads only. In the last few months our server and other maintenance expenses have increased but income form ads has declined a lot whose one of the main reasons is the Adblock.

So if you are a regular user of WinMatrix and wants to see it alive forever, then disabling Adblock on this website would be really helpful.

#4 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:42 AM

I'm a little confused on how you make income from ads. Do we have to click for money to be made or the fact that I have Ad-Block disabled do it? :unsure:

#5 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:09 AM

I'm a little confused on how you make income from ads. Do we have to click for money to be made or the fact that I have Ad-Block disabled do it? :unsure:

a company pays google for advertizing, google pays webmasters to advertise on their sites, this is organized using google ads

google ads uses a system when a computer clicks (or views I'm not sure) an ad, the server checks the ip adress and sends revenue to the account holder, in this case Jatin would have an account on google ads, probably jatin@gmail.com or something similiar and he makes money from that.

That is the main method I know of using adverts,

#6 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

In flash games I read that you dont need to click the ad in order to have money, just need to view it.

#7 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

You don't need to click on the image ads but the Google text ads are required to be clicked.

#8 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

Mmmm...no problem at all, i'd always love to be involved to make this awesome site alive by not blocking the ads :heart:

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!