Photo
- - - - -

Michael Jackson

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image

Michael Jackson is now in Heaven

#2 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:59 PM

That's debatable...

#3 PcModer

PcModer

working on pcmoder

• 716 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

That's debatable...

+1

#4 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:23 AM

:)

Edited by Syzygy, 26 June 2009 - 12:50 AM.

#5 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

The Greatest Form of Complexity is Simplicity

• 484 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

^^^

Man, you guys are f**ked up. The man is dead, what do you guys want?

#6 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

He was the best performer! May god rest his soul.

#7 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

Michel Jackson and Farah Fawcette, both in heaven.
and unless if your older than me, then you have no right to judge him.

ya better be 35 or older before you crack a joke at him. He made more money in his record career than any other recording artist, he holds the top TWO (#1 and #2) selling albums of ALL TIME.

So f**k Off if your going to slander the man that brought to you the music that you know today. Anything Rock / Pop / Alt / any of them are biased off of his success. he inspired Billions. How many have YOU inspired? Odds are, NONE.

#8 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

I doubt he inspired rock, but I don't listen to pop.

*Beatles were probably what brought us our music today; Jackson was just a great performer. And do you know why he sold so many albums? Because Piracy back then was nearly non-existent. And now, when he tried to resell his album it sold shit all. The best thing he brought to the industry was the moonwalk.

R.I.P

#9 punkrockerz

punkrockerz

-M-

• 486 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:58 AM

I'm under 15 and I cracked a joke, so what? Sue me.

He was a successful artist and I appreciate that but the fudged up crap he did and his music are 2 different things.

So RIP Michael Jackson.

#10 pm_41

pm_41

CS student

• 1,394 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

RIP Michael Jackson :cry:

#11 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:09 AM

ya better be 35 or older before you crack a joke at him. He made more money in his record career than any other recording artist, he holds the top TWO (#1 and #2) selling albums of ALL TIME.

So f**k Off if your going to slander the man that brought to you the music that you know today. Anything Rock / Pop / Alt / any of them are biased off of his success. he inspired Billions. How many have YOU inspired? Odds are, NONE.

Excuse me? :rolleyes:

Nobody is saying he wasn't successful or his music was bad (although I hate his cover of Come Together).

In my book, he was a pedophile. I know, he had a tough childhood, but that doesn't excuse molesting little children (presumably).

I don't know where you get off setting an age limit as to who can criticize him? Is anyone lambasting you for liking him? No. I don't think so.

I'm not happy by his passing. I understand that fans of his are sad by his passing. Even though I didn't care for his cover of the song Come Together, I'm certainly not going to deny that Thriller was a great album. But that still doesn't change how I feel about him as a person, and you sure as hell can't tell me how I should or can feel about him.

I think Phil Spector was a great producer. I like his version of the album Let It Be is better than the "Naked" version (Phil's work stripped out of it). Songs like "Let it Be," and "The Long and Winding Road" sound empty. I love John Lennon's song, "Imagine," as well as the album. In light of me liking his touch that he added to both albums, the man is still a murderer and I hope he burns. That still doesn't stop me from liking his work though.

I hope that I am wrong about my suspicion that Michael Jackson molested little kids, I really do. I don't want anyone to ever have to go through that. However, I haven't seen anything that would really deny my suspicions. Feel free to disagree with me though, I don't care. I may not be older than you, but just as you feel that I have no right to judge MJ, I feel that you have no right to tell me what I can and can't feel about a person.

#12 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

Just read about this on msn, he made good music and with the crap he went through (and caused) RIP

#13 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

• 484 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:26 AM

Excuse me? :rolleyes:

Nobody is saying he wasn't successful or his music was bad (although I hate his cover of Come Together).

In my book, he was a pedophile. I know, he had a tough childhood, but that doesn't excuse molesting little children (presumably).

I don't know where you get off setting an age limit as to who can criticize him? Is anyone lambasting you for liking him? No. I don't think so.

I'm not happy by his passing. I understand that fans of his are sad by his passing. Even though I didn't care for his cover of the song Come Together, I'm certainly not going to deny that Thriller was a great album. But that still doesn't change how I feel about him as a person, and you sure as hell can't tell me how I should or can feel about him.

I think Phil Spector was a great producer. I like his version of the album Let It Be is better than the "Naked" version (Phil's work stripped out of it). Songs like "Let it Be," and "The Long and Winding Road" sound empty. I love John Lennon's song, "Imagine," as well as the album. In light of me liking his touch that he added to both albums, the man is still a murderer and I hope he burns. That still doesn't stop me from liking his work though.

I hope that I am wrong about my suspicion that Michael Jackson molested little kids, I really do. I don't want anyone to ever have to go through that. However, I haven't seen anything that would really deny my suspicions. Feel free to disagree with me though, I don't care. I may not be older than you, but just as you feel that I have no right to judge MJ, I feel that you have no right to tell me what I can and can't feel about a person.

First of all, have you seen him do the things they accused him of? If not, don't judge. And second, no one is telling you how you should feel about someone, but do you think it's appropriate to make the comment that you've made in this situation? I really don't think so.

#14 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:38 AM

Well see, here's the thing. Cracking jokes is all right, nothing wrong about it. But seriously, the man's dead, what more do you want? All of those pedophile jokes about him are ridiculous, because he was acquitted by a jury, and it stopped there, didn't get appealed or anything of that nature. I'm not 35 as Villain is saying, but I've been a fan since I was 2, and he is without a doubt the greatest performer to walk on a stage. He had an amazing voice, and his dance moves are indescribable. As for the plastic surgery wise-cracks, sure it's a superficial thing to do, but half of the MJ haters are probably jacking off to chicks with balloon-busts, so I don't even want to go there (this isn't aimed at all WinMatrixians).
Now, I'm not telling you to change your thoughts about this legend, because I'm not your mother, nor do I have the ability and charisma to be able to do so, but this is definitely not the right time to do so. Just use some sensible judgment.

#15 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

The man's f**king dead. Leave his soul alone. Go waste your breath on some other person.. alive please. Bunch of dipshits.

R.I.P Michael Jackson 1958-2009. May you, the king of pop, rest in peace.

#16 Merforga

Merforga

Iron Man = Fe Male?

• 1,090 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

By the way, latest news says he overdosed on Demerol.

http://www.thesun.co...st-moments.html

#17 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:15 AM

Probably the biggest music star of all time.

RIP Michael Jackson.

#18 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:26 AM

First of all, have you seen him do the things they accused him of?

I didn't see OJ Simpson kill his wife, yet I know he did it as well. Money talks, bullshit walks.

And second, no one is telling you how you should feel about someone,

That's what it read like to me.

but do you think it's appropriate to make the comment that you've made in this situation? I really don't think so.

I think it's perfectly appropriate. If the man raped even one of those little kids (I do think that after a while, people were just trying to get their kids to lie), then I hope he burns. Raping anyone is one of the worst things a person can do to another person. I think a bullet to the back of the head doesn't beat rape when it comes to the worst thing that can be done to another person.

I don't need a jury to convict him in order for me to personally convict him. Juries make mistakes, people get bought off. You think that everyone in prison is guilty? I don't.

You may not think he raped some of those kids. That's fine. I'm not attempting to change your opinion and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to do the same to me. If you want to disagree fine. Then lets agree to disagree.

Edited by The Flashing Fish, 26 June 2009 - 02:27 AM.

#19 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

What were the top 2 singles of all time that he had that someone mentioned on first page. Thriller and......

#20 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

• 484 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:51 AM

First of all, have you seen him do the things they accused him of?

I didn't see OJ Simpson kill his wife, yet I know he did it as well. Money talks, bullshit walks.

And second, no one is telling you how you should feel about someone,

That's what it read like to me.

but do you think it's appropriate to make the comment that you've made in this situation? I really don't think so.

I think it's perfectly appropriate. If the man raped even one of those little kids (I do think that after a while, people were just trying to get their kids to lie), then I hope he burns. Raping anyone is one of the worst things a person can do to another person. I think a bullet to the back of the head doesn't beat rape when it comes to the worst thing that can be done to another person.

I don't need a jury to convict him in order for me to personally convict him. Juries make mistakes, people get bought off. You think that everyone in prison is guilty? I don't.

You may not think he raped some of those kids. That's fine. I'm not attempting to change your opinion and I would appreciate it if you didn't try to do the same to me. If you want to disagree fine. Then lets agree to disagree.

Obviously you like to condemn people on gut instinct, so let's just leave it at that.

I"m not saying he did or didn't do those things, but I hope more people on Earth won't be like you, and that they learn to forgive and lay everything to rest when their enemies are gone.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!