Photo
- - - - -

[Debate] Planet Nibiru. What are your plans for the future?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#81 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

i think 2012 will be year for change, nothing more. destruction never comes with warning, so either you're dead or you're dead :D

and why fear for the extinction of human race when you will attach no importance to it after you die, just hope its not painful

But the earth can't blow up! Thats where I keep my stuff.

lol, you wont care about your stuff after you die anyways :P

#82 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

There is still mass in space, just no gravity so the momentum of objects will be slightly lower.

That doesn't make sense.

Momentum is the product of the mass and velocity of the object... Gravity has nothing to do with it...

Gravity affects mass.

Mass x Velocity = Momentum, less mass = less momentum.

*Gravity pushes your body down @ a force of 9.8m/s^2 mu multiplied by your weight. If there was no gravity, it would just be your weight; hence when astronauts arrive back on earth they suffer from disuse atrophy (loss of muscle mass) because their bodies are not used to having no gravity

If you still don't understand, lets just say you'd weigh more on jupiter than you would on earth.

Edited by Syzygy, 26 June 2009 - 11:03 AM.

#83 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:38 AM

Attached File  shutupyanike.JPG   25.47K   20 downloads

#84 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:42 AM

There is still mass in space, just no gravity so the momentum of objects will be slightly lower.

That doesn't make sense.

Momentum is the product of the mass and velocity of the object... Gravity has nothing to do with it...

Gravity affects mass.

Mass x Velocity = Momentum, less mass = less momentum.

*Gravity pushes your body down @ a force of 9.8m/s^2 mu multiplied by your weight. If there was no gravity, it would just be your weight; hence when astronauts arrive back on earth they suffer from disuse atrophy (loss of muscle mass) because their bodies are not used to having no gravity

If you still don't understand, lets just say you'd weigh more on jupiter than you would on earth.

Posted Image

You're getting weight and mass mixed up.

Weight=/Mass

Weight is a force! Force is equal to MASS times acceleration.

However, since the acceleration due to gravity is approximately constant on the Earth's surface (9.8 m/s^2), weight and mass are proportional.

But the momentum of an object is the same on Earth as it is in space. Mass is not reliant on gravity in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!

If you're wondering what mass is in Imperial units, it's Slugs. Weight in Imperial units is Pounds.
In Metric, mass is measured in grams(with kilograms being the standard for calculations, such as for force) and weight is measured in Newtons.

Trust me, I know this like the back of my hand. I'm a senior in Mechanical Engineering for Christ sake!

#85 Xyrfo

Xyrfo

WinMatrixian

• 160 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

Just to make sure; I don't believe in this crap, but I found a very interesting list about things that say the world is gonna end in year 2012:

- Maya calendar ends in 2012
- Hopi indians say that the "cycle of life" will end in 2012
- The book of Revelations
- Nostradamus (who predicted for example The American Revolutionary War and The American Civil War), also predicted that world will end in 2006-2012
- Edgar Cayce (1877-1945) predicted that the world will end in 2012
- Aleister Crowley (1875-1947) predicted that the world will end in 2012
- Mother Shipton (1488 – 1561) also predicted that the world will end in 2012
- Earth moves into the centre of our galaxy in 2012
- Some kind of a predicting machine predicted that the world will end in 2012. It also predicted The 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake right.
- The Bible Code
- Nibiru/Planet X
- CERN's LHC gets an update in 2012

Yeah, my english isn't very good, the text I originally found was Finnish so I had to translate it. :D

#86 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:18 AM

^

63 failed & 1 ambiguous end-of-the-world predictions between 30 CE and 1990 CE

#87 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:42 AM

seriously we can't die in any apocalyptic manner. I have a belief that humans will neither die nor will there be world peace. Confusing confucius says "man is naturally good but education" will Buddy Buddha said "Follow the middle path." Persians talked about Zorroastrianism and have good god and bad gods. Yin and Yang bla bla bla,

Vishnu will suddenly with a horse, that means its the end of world jesus said about the apocalypse mayan candelar ends in 2012 and china turned into a communist.

#88 Guest_Tijopi11_*

Guest_Tijopi11_*

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

ending2012.wordpress.com

2012 IS real. I think the mayans just ended there calender and has nothing to do with the end of the world but i DO believe in the 2012 planet. Its plain MATH, ASTROMINY or however u spell it, and millions of dollor tecknology. And goverment. Goverment has known this planet for years and years! DECADES...probebly!!! well atleast since like 2000. theyve known it since its been discovered and they stopped talkign about it because they knew poeple would panic...
<_< and they will...-_-... Well lets just be prepared for it :fun:

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!