I had this instruction from Microsoft and found this to fix my slow new page opening:-ACTION PLAN:Step 1:
Create a restore point.
* Click Start> All Programs> Accessories>System Tools> System Restore.
* In the "System Restore" box, click on "Create a restore point" and then click on "Next".
And then follow the on screen instructions.Step 2:
Delete the temporary files.
* Click on start >Click on start search> type prefetch in start search. Hit enter to open the prefect folder. Select all the files and delete them.
* Click on start >Click on start search > type %temp% in start search. Hit enter to open the %temp% folder. Select all the files and delete them.Step 3:
Reset the internet explorer settings.
* Open Internet Explorer > click Tools > Click Internet Options > under browsing click delete > Delete Cookies, Temporary Files, history and click close.
* Go to Internet option> Security>custom level>disable the smart scan filter.
* Open Content tab > Under Certificates > Click Clear SSL State > Click ok.
* Open connection tab and click on LAN settings. On the LAN properties window please make sure the options mentioned below are unchecked:
• automatically detect settings
• Use automatic configuration script
• Use a proxy server for your LAN.
* Open Advanced tab > under Browsing section > Uncheck Third Party Browser Extensions.
* Also under Advanced tab > under Security section > Uncheck option Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks.
* Under the advance tab go to the multimedia section and check all the boxes under it.
* Click Reset button at the bottom > click reset again and then close the small pop up box.
* Click on apply button and then click OK.
* Close internet explorer and reopen it and check for the issue.
You can also find these steps on our support website http://support.micro....com/kb/926449/
and the article is KB 926449.