• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 SeppWinkler

SeppWinkler

New WinMatrixian

• 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

Hi Freddy,

anyway I thank you for your endeavour. I will see in next version :) and I will let you know.

Sepp

#22 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:15 PM

Hello again! :)

I just uploaded a new version 1.15 with a few improvements:

v1.15 - 06/22/2009
Feature = The edge around Peeked windows now also remains visible for maximized windows.
Feature = The Peek and Shake animations can now be disabled by setting the animation speed to 0.
Bug fix = Solved a few visual glitches when peeking through maximized windows.
Bug fix = Peek now also recognizes Windows Classic Theme on Windows Vista.
Bug fix = Improved behavior of some rare but very stubborn windows.
Improve = Further improved performance slightly.

#23 Skrell

Skrell

New WinMatrixian

• 45 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

i love you!

PS: i'm trying to change the peek animation speed but it doesn't seem to be working. Can you please post an example of what the shortcut target would look like if i wanted to speed up the animation?

Edited by Skrell, 22 June 2009 - 03:47 PM.

#24 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

i love you!

Now don't overreact!... :D

To increase the Peek animation speed you just put a number (1 or higher, where 6 is the default) on the Target (command) line, after WinShake.exe
For example, to double the speed your Target line could look like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinShake.exe 12

or

"C:\Program Files\WinShake\WinShake.exe" 12

depending on where you put the program file of course.

#25 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

I just uploaded a new version 1.16 with a few fixes:

v1.16 - 06/28/2009
Feature = Rolled-Up windows are now excluded from peeking in Vista too.
Bug fix = Solved a problem with some vertical toolbars.
Bug fix = Solved a peeking problem with the Vista Start Orb.
Bug fix = Solved behavior of some rare but very stubborn windows.
Improve = Improved performance slightly again.

#26 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:12 PM

Hello everybody! :)

I just uploaded a big new version 1.50 with many improvements. The main new features are:

- full Vista compatibility and
- an all new function called PeekTop: this makes the active window semi-transparent (level can be set), so that you can work with it and read what's underneath at the same time. When there are "Always-On-Top" windows that might block your view, they are Peeked.

But there's more and... it's on my new WinShake Web Site! :) So... go and have a look! ;) And let me know what you think!

v1.50 - 07/22/2009
Vista compatibility:
Bug fix = Solved peeking problem with Vista Start Orb.
Bug fix = Solved peeking problem with Glass windows borders remaining visible.
Bug fix = Solved peeking problem with maximized windows and Aero Glass.
Bug fix = Solved shaking problem with maximized windows becoming invisible.
Improve = The border line around Peeked windows on Vista is now easier to see.
Improve = Slowed down Peek animation on Vista slightly, so it can be seen.

Feature = New PeekTop function (see above).
Feature = Now the previous second window on top when shaking is also remembered.
Feature = The active window at the moment the icon was clicked is now always remembered, even when another window tries to steal focus immediately after.
Feature = Reset no longer minimizes any windows itself and can now also be used after shaking.
Feature = Reset also shows a Tooltip telling you how to UnReset.
Bug fix = Solved a visual glitch after peeking, when sometimes two different windows had the active color.
Improve = Improved performance in many ways.
Changed = Peek animation default speed is now 7 instead of 6.
Added = New icons for all the different functions.

#27 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

Good work (Y)

#28 SeppWinkler

SeppWinkler

New WinMatrixian

• 39 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

Perfect B) Thank you Freddy.

#29 Remiel

Remiel

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hey Freddy

i love your app and also have an idea, there is an alternative "show desktop" tool available which use the small rectangle in the right corner of the taskbar,

can you make this part available also for winshake ?

http://ceiiular.devi...op-XP-133022210

thank you =)

#30 The Silent Warrior

The Silent Warrior

Got Orange Stars?

• 2,574 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:40 AM

The new PeekTop feature is pretty good. Well done man.

#31 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

Gonna install it again for the PeekTop. :)

#32 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

First let me start by saying thanks to you all! :yes: I'm glad you like my new version and the PeekTop feature!
And to Remiel:

i love your app and also have an idea, there is an alternative "show desktop" tool available which use the small rectangle in the right corner of the taskbar,

can you make this part available also for winshake ?

I'll tell you a little secret... Don't tell anyone else... ;) But I'm working on a big new version 2.00 that, among many other things... B) will include what you ask for! :yes: So... just be patient!... :)

But first, I just uploaded a new version 1.52 with a few improvements and... I hid an Easter Egg inside!... :woot: I know, I know... a little weird at this time of year!... :lol: Have fun finding it!... ;)

v1.52 - 07/28/2009
Feature = Reset now shows a special Tooltip when it suspects you wanted to use PeekTop instead of Reset.
Bug fix = PeekTop now peeks the Command Prompt window, because it can not be made semi-transparent.
Improve = Improved especially Peek performance a bit more.
Feature = As requested, I added a PeekTop Easter Egg. If you really want it, you probably already figured out how to get it!... :P

P.S.: I just noticed exactly 5000 views!!! :woot: That tells me it's time to celebrate! :yes: B)

Edited by Freddy2, 20 August 2009 - 10:50 PM.

#33 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:55 PM

As promised, here is my "big" ;) new version 2.02!
It includes a lot of improvements, :woot: but the main new features are:

v2.02 - 10/08/2009
Feature = New (Windows 7 Aero) Taskbar Peek function (see Function 6).
Feature = Now you can Shake a window by clicking the MMB (Middle Mouse Button) on its Title Bar.
Feature = You can Peek by clicking the MMB at (the right of) the clock in the Taskbar.
Feature = You can Show Desktop by double clicking the MMB at (the right of) the clock in the Taskbar (hold Shift to Reset).
Feature = And you can use PeekTop by clicking the MMB on the X-Button in the Title Bar of a window.
Feature = When peeking through all windows, you can make a window reappear by clicking the MMB on its border, or on the ToolTip showing its Title.
Feature = Added HotKeys for Show, Shake, Reset, Peek and PeekTop.
Bug fix = Solved the problem that under rare circumstances an active "Normal" window would become "Always-On-Top" after having used Shake or Show Desktop.
Bug fix = Solved a visual glitch when switching between Peek and PeekTop with "Always-On-Top" windows present.
Improve = The Taskbar Peek function even shows SnapShots of programs that don’t follow the default Taskbar behavior (older versions of Adobe Reader).

The Taskbar Peek function is similar to the true Windows 7 Aero Peek function, making it possible to Peek at a window, just by hovering over its Taskbar Button: when clicking the Middle Mouse Button on one of the program buttons, all other windows are Peeked, leaving only the desired one to look at. You can use this to quickly find a window in real size, making it easier to see the differences between two windows. Or maybe you just want to take a Peek at one without actually switching to it.
By hovering over a Grouped Taskbar Button, its menu automatically opens, so you can Peek at these windows too. Even minimized windows can be Peeked at!... As long as they’ve been open long enough for WinShake Control to take a SnapShot of them, that SnapShot is being shown in real size on the position where the window was when the picture was taken. And when you click on a SnapShot, the actual window is restored.

This Taskbar Peek function however is not completely free to use anymore... I hope you will find it worth a little bit!... :) But first you can try it of course. And all the other functions, including the new mouse controlled interface, are still free, so...

Enjoy the program!

Freddy

Edited by Freddy2, 12 October 2009 - 08:54 AM.

#34 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

Just a quick... but important... ;) improvement:

v2.03 - 10/12/2009
Improve = The Taskbar Peek function now even shows (SnapShots of) programs that can not be previewed by the Taskbar itself, like MS Excel and PowerPoint or older versions of Adobe Reader with multiple documents opened on the Taskbar.

I also made a smaller ZIP-archive with just the files themselves, for those of you who would rather install it manually.

By the way: I'm receiving no bug reports at all! :huh: Does this mean it really is perfect now?... :woot: Or are you trusting me to find them on my own!?... :P

And just to stress this again:

The Taskbar Peek function is not completely free to use anymore... I hope you will find it worth a little bit!... :) Of course you can try it first. But all the other functions, including the new mouse controlled interface, are still free, so...

Enjoy the program! ;)

Freddy

Edited by Freddy2, 12 October 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#35 Skrell

Skrell

New WinMatrixian

• 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:42 AM

I'm sorry man, i've been a fan of this tool since the beginning, but asking $10 for a fairly incomplete feature simply is asking too much. Not to mention i believe your program is a compiled autohotkey script ....and i've never seen anyone charge for an autohotkey script. I understand you want compensation for your time, but maybe drop the price or something?

#36 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

Hi Skrell!

Regarding the AutoHotkey script: that's just because most don't say in what language they programmed it. ;) It really is just a higher level programming language, so...

But I'm willing to listen of course: why do you say it is a "fairly incomplete feature"?... What is missing to make it complete, according to you?...

Freddy :)

Edited by Freddy2, 13 October 2009 - 12:12 PM.

#37 Skrell

Skrell

New WinMatrixian

• 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

1. can't rebind hotkeys
2. can't rebind middle mouse button(i can't use it since i'm already using it for another app)
3. Minimized windows need to be maximized before a screenshot is taken of them.
etc..

#38 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:23 PM

1. can't rebind hotkeys
2. can't rebind middle mouse button(i can't use it since i'm already using it for another app)
3. Minimized windows need to be maximized before a screenshot is taken of them.
etc..

Hi again! :)

1. "HotKeys" is a free bonus feature, so... :P I chose the most logical ones, resembling the default Windows (and Windows 7) HotKeys.

2. That's why you can choose between the Middle Mouse Button and the Ctrl Key, in case you're using the MMB for something else.
What other option would you like?...

3. Of course... I'm not a magician... :lol: Taking a SnapShot of a window while it is minimized is impossible on XP and very troublesome on Vista. And by the way, isn't that happening almost always anyway: first you're using a program, before you're minimizing it, so is this really a problem?...

And etc..!?... I don't think I can say something useful about that... :huh: Please specify... ;)

Freddy

Edited by Freddy2, 13 October 2009 - 03:36 PM.

#39 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:41 PM

Just another quick update for those of you who are using WinShake Taskbar Peek together with Visual Task Tips:

v2.04 - 10/14/2009
Improve = Solved occasional visual glitch when using Visual Task Tips.

And let me know if there's anything you're missing, so I can look into it! :)

Freddy

Edited by Freddy2, 15 October 2009 - 03:23 PM.

#40 Freddy2

Freddy2

WinMatrixian

• 70 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:46 PM

Hello again in Windows 7 Week! ;)

A small bug fix:

v2.05 - 10/17/2009
Bug fix = Now clicking the MMB on a Peeked window’s border or Title ToolTip, with a SnapShot at the back is handled the same as when a normal window is behind it.
Bug fix = Now leaving Taskbar Peek mode by using the Ctrl Key acts just as consistently as when clicking the MMB.

And let me know if you find any errors, have any requests, or just what you think of it! :)
Enjoy some of the Windows 7 Power on your XP, Vista, 2003, or 2000 system! :woot:

Freddy

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!