Photo
- - - - -

WinMatrix Debate #3 - Global Warming, which is the main cause?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

WinMatrix Debate #3

Global warming, which is the main cause?

Greenhouse Effect or using of CFC products?

Let's start!

#2 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

when will people realize its just the weather cycle?

its happened a long time ago, carbon in the air increased and ice age happened...and now again, carbon is increasing steadily

youll be frozen soon mammoth :P

#3 xsever

xsever

ECE

• 996 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

Did anyone hear of Global Cooling? Yes, some human activities can cause global cooling.

Just like the volcanoes cool the atmosphere when they throw sulfur dioxide gas in the air, we can achieve the same effect by increasing the sulfur's dioxide percentage in airplanes' fuel, for example.

But still, I agree with Afzal

its just the weather cycle

Edited by xsever, 23 May 2009 - 12:10 PM.

#4 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

Humans.

/enddebate

#5 PcModer

PcModer

working on pcmoder

• 716 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

There is no Global Warming, it is global climate change. Some places are getting colder wile others are getting warmer. But yes what are speeding the weather cycle up.

Edited by knowledgeorb, 23 May 2009 - 12:20 PM.

#6 binzoo

binzoo

Active WinMatrixian

• 447 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

CO2 Emitted from cars, power plants, aeroplanes and buildings. Then we have deforestation e.g. the burning, cutting down of trees which gives off CO2 and accounts for the lack CO2 absorption. Anyone who says this is just nature is sadly deluded.

Edited by binzoo, 23 May 2009 - 12:59 PM.

#7 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

While it may be true that our world is steadily warming and people do except that but every natural global warming that has happened before has never reached these levels. Our CO2 emissions are huge. I think that its most likely because of coal plants and our cars.

Watch The Inconvenient Truth, its pretty interesting.

#8 dtack68

dtack68

^^^ Me and my girl, Rachel :) ^^^

• 470 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

How about this:

Global Warming has not been proven. In the 80s "scientists" thought we were going to freeze over!

http://en.wikipedia..../Global_cooling

http://www.globalwar...ax.com/news.php

#9 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

I agree with Afzal but the temperature is increasing at an alarming rate because of humans. A degree increase in 1 year is unheard of and is melting the ice caps. I also agree with global cooling as one of my teachers told me that the melting of the ice caps will make some stream cooler. This stream somewhere around England. Why do you think England is cooler than places in Ontario (I live in Toronto) even though they are a lot more North of us? It's because this stream is bringing warm currents or something but the melting of ice caps makes this stream colder and soon the global cooling can happen.

#10 binzoo

binzoo

Active WinMatrixian

• 447 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

How about this:

Global Warming has not been proven. In the 80s "scientists" thought we were going to freeze over!

http://en.wikipedia..../Global_cooling

http://www.globalwar...ax.com/news.php

I was going to look at the second site seriously until I saw the bald eagle on the logo xD I haven't been this amused in ages thanks for that.

Here's something else...

Posted Image

CO2 emissions blue = highest.

Edited by binzoo, 23 May 2009 - 03:21 PM.

#11 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

The natural rotation of the magnetic spheres on the earth. They north and south pole are in the process of switching places, the closer they are to even the weaker the magnetic field is overall and the hotter the earth gets. At one point (not in our lifetimes) the poles will move 16 degrees every hour and you can watch a compass follow it.

#12 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

CO2 from Cars and Factories -> Green House Effect -> Global Warming -> Melting Ice -> End Of The World

#13 tominorlando

tominorlando

Active WinMatrixian

• 396 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:37 PM

The main cause of global warming is the Sun.

The main global warming gas is water vapor.

The amount of carbon dioxide presently in the atmosphere is
very low by geological standards.

Life on Earth would not exist as we know it without CO2. (There was a time in the geological past when all life used CO2 and oxygen was a poisonous pollutant!)

Even global warming alarmists grudgingly agree the the Earth has been in a period of cooling for the last several years and is likely to remain in this cooling trend for the next few decades.

No one has answered the question of why the current temperature was decided upon as the optimum temperature for Earth.
It has been both much warmer and much colder historically. The Dark Ages happened during a time of cooling, the Renaissance happened during a period of warming.
Species diversity is greatest at the lowest latitudes. (Near the Equator.) Most life flourishes in warmer climates.

Laws that attempt to curb warming by raising taxes on energy will do little or nothing to affect climate, they are merely another tax designed to pay for social programs.

Edited by tominorlando, 23 May 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#14 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:20 AM

Let's see here

global warming kills species, increases sea levels and reduce human activities

burning fossil fuels causes soot and carbon monoxide, releases toxic and noxious gases (theyre different) and can cause irregular balances in seas, and in building's structural strengths (acid rain)

habitat destruction cause species to die abruptly, can cause islandization (isolating species to a patch of land because of highways and roads) or whatsoever reducing diversity which can also bring down vital food webs and mutualisms.

comsumerist system causes tremendous amounts of reusable resources and increases global warming, habitat destruction and energy consumption proportionally.

careless human mind started the consumerist systems, habitat destruction, fossil fuel burning and global warming. It's all from the root.

#15 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:54 AM

I'm not even sure what to say about Global Warming, having to write a lot of project regarding that I still don't think it's completely true. It's more of a natural climate change, which repeats itself all the time, aka cold, warm, cold, warm etc. Except that us humans with all of our industrialization are changing that a little. But pollution is much more significant than "global warming" imo.

#16 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:00 AM

It's mainly because of industrialization, pollution, but some natural phenomenons may also contribute as well e.g volcano. Welcome to the modern age everybody

#17 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

Posted Image

#18 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

Could you explain it more? :huh: :unsure:

#19 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:18 AM

graph not to scale (do i even have to say that)

We had 6 iceages. One of them is so tremendous, that it took a very large volcano to stop it. As you can see here is 4 ice ages (i do not want to draw them all). There is the wast ice age is when people are starting to create towns and cities. The suddenly two hikes are the agricultural bursts thing. The tech graph isn't really serious. Anyway as algore show the graph with a strangely tall data, the CO2 levels are going extremely high, and past the "we die in this line" is where the humans will probably not be able to live in earth again.

About the water is the greatest contributor of Gw, the other side of this is global warming causes the water to evaporate, causing even more global warming. Global warming also as the Day after Tommorow movie shows will probably trigger ice age, as the graph suggests in those sudden drops

#20 Sheldon

Sheldon

just new

• 172 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

global warming
warming of earth surface
if it is related to computers
then stop using computers sucking too much of power
Stop using os needing lot of resources

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!