Windows 7 runs in a 7 Mhz CPU ! Amazing record

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#41 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

what bullshit.my windows xp is running on 1 mhz then.what a joke.

#42 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

I would just like to share my results with everyone, I stupidly assumed that I would be able to post the results the same day as I started this project, but unfortunately it took a couple more days.

It may not be 7MHz, but I managed to get Windows 7 installed onto my old server board which was running a Intel Pentium 2 at 266MHz with 1GB of SDRAM. The unfortunate problem was that it took 3 days to install and then get system info and the WinMatrix website up.

I was unable to take screen shots inside of the operating system as it would come up (eventually) with an insufficient resources available error. So here are some photos of the system and Windows 7.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#43 User345623

User345623

darkmatter

• 55 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

Thanks lareeth...I`m becoming a huge fan of yours ! :woot:

Anyways if you succeed installing Windows 7 in a P2 it means that Windows 7 works also in a first generation Pentium 166/200/233 with MMX and those processors can all be downclocked to
75 MHz (50X1.5 OR 75X1) OR 66 MHz (66X1) or even less if your motherboard allows it.

I wonder why your installation took 3 days....maybe you mean that it took a long time and after many errors and BSOD you had to restart the installation and all that took 3 days......

Because just the basic installation of Windows XP in a P2 with 128 MB Ram takes no more than 8 hours.

So i`m sure that, if you don`t have BSOD or crashes you should be able to Install WIN7 in a P2 in less than 24 hours wich is no more than 1 day......also you have 1 GB of ram in that P2 which is a fair amount of memory for a P2. I could never have more than 384 MB RAM in a P2 because of motherboard limitations which is still enough to install WIN7 if you have the WIN7 setup modified.

Keep going with the records....they are made to be beaten !!! :ph34r:

P.S. don`t tell fediaFedia or he will get upset :devil: and we will all be in trouble :o :no: :cry: !!!

#44 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:32 AM

I would just like to share my results with everyone, I stupidly assumed that I would be able to post the results the same day as I started this project, but unfortunately it took a couple more days.

It may not be 7MHz, but I managed to get Windows 7 installed onto my old server board which was running a Intel Pentium 2 at 266MHz with 1GB of SDRAM. The unfortunate problem was that it took 3 days to install and then get system info and the WinMatrix website up.

I was unable to take screen shots inside of the operating system as it would come up (eventually) with an insufficient resources available error. So here are some photos of the system and Windows 7.

You took so much pain to install win 7 on a pentium 2.wow.amazing.hats off to you.but installing win 7 on a 7 mhz is bullshit.

#45 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:24 AM

^

but installing win 7 on a 7 mhz is bullshit.

:rolleyes: as the title said...

#46 bakerzone

bakerzone

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

but installing win 7 on a 7 mhz is bullshit

End of the story... :whistle:

#47 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*

Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:49 AM

My Compaq Deskpro PII 233 512Mb Ram installed Windows 7 in about 2 hours. What were you doing for the rest of the time ?

#48 caskdas

caskdas

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:08 AM

in a 3990MHZ works :D Core i7

#49 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:20 AM

I no, not again!

I've seen this before on the release of Windows Vista. A 7 MHz doesn't even show a .jpg image let alone a complete GUI with alpha layered .PNG images...

can a calculater even run at 7 mhz?

#50 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:30 AM

Lol not again

#51 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:48 AM

in a 3990MHZ works :D Core i7

Post of the year

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!