Windows 7 runs in a 7 Mhz CPU ! Amazing record

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

#21 User345623

User345623

darkmatter

• 55 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

fediaFedia you are the smartest person ever ! I think that everyone will agree to this fact....

#22 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

fediaFedia you are the smartest person ever ! I think that everyone will agree to this fact....

Are you saying that because you posted something so ridiculous on a forum and thought it was true?

#23 NealTheGuitarist

NealTheGuitarist

Nothing is sound

• 621 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

Are you saying that because you posted something so ridiculous on a forum and thought it was true?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by NealTheGuitarist, 18 May 2009 - 09:08 AM.

#24 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

7 Mhz would be like the cpu doing 7000 tasks per second, and that's still a fast speed, it's not slow ppl. It's like someone doing math 50000x faster than normal people.

#25 User345623

User345623

darkmatter

• 55 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:31 PM

7 Mhz would be like the cpu doing 7000 tasks per second, and that's still a fast speed, it's not slow ppl. It's like someone doing math 50000x faster than normal people.

Yes but not even Overclocked CPU records of over 8000 MHz with LN2 are fast as fediaFedia's brain !!!

Here we are talking about Super PI record done in one nanosecond only !

#26 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:01 AM

Guys lighten up damn.

#27 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

Some joke that was...still it was not that funny

#28 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

Some joke that was...still it was not that funny

A very smart joke from a very smart person who thinks that seven can run on 7 Mhz even though it's a system info bug, and cant tell the difference between radio and clock freequency :)
But I guess he has a habit of posting topics with incorrect information...

#29 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

Lol this is really a stupid joke :D too unbelievable, but still thanks for posting (???)

#30 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:23 PM

I'm going to set up my (very) old server rig with a Intel P3 which I can set the clock speeds, I'll give it a gig of ram so the install doesn't take hours, then starting from 100MHz, see how long it takes to boot and how usable it is at lower speeds. Ill post the results!

#31 User345623

User345623

darkmatter

• 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

I'm going to set up my (very) old server rig with a Intel P3 which I can set the clock speeds, I'll give it a gig of ram so the install doesn't take hours, then starting from 100MHz, see how long it takes to boot and how usable it is at lower speeds. Ill post the results!

Thanks lareeth, that's pretty interesting.
I hope to see your results soon and i think that more people should test Win7 with under minimum system requirements......a great stress test !

I remember that i have been installing Windows XP in Pentium 200 MMX with 64MB Ram and it did run properly and without errors but it was extremely slow.
Up to 5 minutes to boot, 1 minute to open the start menu, 3 minutes to open the internet explorer, etc etc.

I made Windows Vista run with P3 at 1100 MHz (Overclocked from 800 Mhz) and with Duron 800 MHz but it was very slow...working fine but it took up to 20 seconds to open a notepad window.

Here in winmatrix we should actually try to make a record of the oldest computer where we can install Windows 7.

I'm pretty sure it can run in a AMD K6 or Celeron with 256 MB ram.
But of course, at least a 1500 Mhz CPU is needed to make it run smooth.

Edited by User345623, 19 May 2009 - 07:39 PM.

#32 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Thanks lareeth, that's pretty interesting.
I hope to see your results soon and i think that more people should test Win7 with under minimum system requirements......a great stress test !

I remember that i have been installing Windows XP in Pentium 200 MMX with 64MB Ram and it did run properly and without errors but it was extremely slow.
Up to 5 minutes to boot, 1 minute to open the start menu, 3 minutes to open the internet explorer, etc etc.

I made Windows Vista run with P3 at 1100 MHz (Overclocked from 800 Mhz) and with Duron 800 MHz but it was very slow...working fine but it took up to 20 seconds to open a notepad window.

Here in winmatrix we should actually try to make a record of the oldest computer where we can install Windows 7.

I'm pretty sure it can run in a AMD K6 or Celeron with 256 MB ram.
But of course, at least a 1500 Mhz CPU is needed to make it run smooth.

As the board I'll be using is a server board it can take 1GB of SDRAM! But XP doesn't run that slow on it

#33 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

This doesnt count. You use a modern processor which can handle Windows 7. You still have the L2 cache and everything. Try to put in an very old processor from the 80's for yourself and let's see if it can handle Windows 7 then, i would say it wouldnt even boot it...

The real record is when you use the real hardware and not virtualize it.

#34 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

This doesnt count. You use a modern processor which can handle Windows 7. You still have the L2 cache and everything. Try to put in an very old processor from the 80's for yourself and let's see if it can handle Windows 7 then, i would say it wouldnt even boot it...

If Windows even supports it.

And btw any processor even ones from the early 90's have some form of cache.

Edited by InlineSkate, 19 May 2009 - 10:05 PM.

#35 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Yes they have some form of cache.. but i meant that modern processors uses different caches, and much more powerful caches and such, so even if the use make the processor run at 7Mhz, the cache and everything is still there to work at a powerful speed. If you put in an old processor from early 80's you will not get that powerful processor at 7Mhz... definately!

#36 User345623

User345623

darkmatter

• 55 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:30 PM

Who is talking about virtualization ???

Yes they have some form of cache.. but i meant that modern processors uses different caches, and much more powerful caches and such, so even if the use make the processor run at 7Mhz, the cache and everything is still there to work at a powerful speed. If you put in an old processor from early 80's you will not get that powerful processor at 7Mhz... definately!

Dude....an 80s processor will not run any 16 or 32 or 64 bit operating system !!!

What are we talking about here ?

To run windows 7 you will need at least a Pentium 1 MMX and i'm not sure if it will be able to run Windows 7 because it lacks many instruction sets that are available only in newer CPUs.

So stop emulating, simulating, virtualizing 7 MHz in softpedia fashion (because they are too scared to run windows 7 7127 in a real computer) and let's see who achieves Windows 7 running in a Pentium 1 CPU......smoking balls needed !

#37 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,169 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:31 PM

So stop emulating, simulating, virtualizing 7 MHz in softpedia fashion (because they are too scared to run windows 7 7127 in a real computer) and let's see who achieves Windows 7 running in a Pentium 1 CPU......smoking balls needed !

That's what I said I'm going to do, tomorrow!

#38 Xyrfo

Xyrfo

WinMatrixian

• 160 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:42 AM

Some Finnish guy got Windows 7 running with Celeron 366 and 256 mt RAM.

Source: Tietokone.fi (very bad translation from Finnish to English)

#39 Preath

Preath

Elite WinMatrixian.

• 2,352 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

Who is talking about virtualization ???

Dude....an 80s processor will not run any 16 or 32 or 64 bit operating system !!!

What are we talking about here ?

To run windows 7 you will need at least a Pentium 1 MMX and i'm not sure if it will be able to run Windows 7 because it lacks many instruction sets that are available only in newer CPUs.

Lewl, i know. Thats what im trying to tell you :blink: lolz

#40 googs

googs

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

for multimedia, youll need at least a pentium1-166, and the later model at that, that includes the mmx instruction set...
thats 1 thing i remember from when i had 1 back then !!
and i think youll find that 32bit operations didnt start till about the 33/66 mhz speed,
before that at 16Mhz, it was 16bit, thus negating an earlier, slower cpu, from ever contemplating running 7

good luck tryin it out on the 100Mhz proccy..

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!