Rate windows 7 Beta/RC (all builds) on a scale of 10

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Webtrance

Webtrance

WinMatrixian

• 180 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:34 PM

Well, I wouldn't say MS has learned from it's mistakes. I feel this could be nothing more than Vista service pack 3...or at least could have been. If you're telling Win7 is more secure than Vista, more stable, more everything, why would they not push this in a Vista service pack and give me that functionality now instead of making me purchase a new OS? The only reason I can think of is greed. MS needs more money and wants everyone to buy a new OS. If you had to ask whether you could be approved for an upgrade from Vista...Suze Orman would say "DENIED!"

You sir, apparently don't know the difference between an OS and a Service Pack.
Yes, Windows 7 is built up on the foundations of Vista, but the code is a lot different, and the kernel has been reworked.

Do you know there's no new kernel in Win7?? KERNEL Also, search Google and become familiar with Win7 first, before you post. So you're telling me they coded it differently and reworked the kernel to LOOK LIKE and FUNCTION LIKE....UMM VISTA? Come on man!! Why does everyone have to pick stuff out of a forum post just to bitch? People take things out of context. I know what the difference between an OS and service pack is. Do you know what code changed? I'll be holding my breath for that answer.

Then don't purchase it, who is forcing you? Nobody's gonna rob you of your money and make you pay for it.

Umm, I will go out and buy it. I have the money. I'm just saying they're greedy bastards. Why are you stepping at me with this from my forum post? Come on man! Again, people latching on to one thing in someones post, just to complain about or start a fight. There's no fight here. I'm correct, so please move on.

#22 Webtrance

Webtrance

WinMatrixian

• 180 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

i wud definitely not give it more than 7/10....cuz it still cant be completely used on old computers like mine....GRAPHIC CARD.....there must have been an option to make it look better even when running on an unsupported card....man, that bluish grey colour sucks !!!

Erm... if your computer is really that old it needs to be replaced my aunt has a hp pavilion from 2005 with integrated graphics that runs fine and that's almost 5 years old. A cheap video card to run it will cost you no more then $20 you can't blame the OS if your computer is outdated by years.

Well, I wouldn't say MS has learned from it's mistakes. I feel this could be nothing more than Vista service pack 3...or at least could have been. If you're telling Win7 is more secure than Vista, more stable, more everything, why would they not push this in a Vista service pack and give me that functionality now instead of making me purchase a new OS? The only reason I can think of is greed. MS needs more money and wants everyone to buy a new OS. If you had to ask whether you could be approved for an upgrade from Vista...Suze Orman would say "DENIED!"

Oh...and why are we still using Win98 icons in Windows 7? This lack of attention to detail frustrates detail oriented people like myself and has ever since Win98. It's unprofessional, lazy, thoughtless, and to me, unacceptable.

Because vista is going on 4 years old...

Windows Vista is more stable and secure then XP should they just of gave that away for free to?
Should everyone who bought a OS since MS DOS be entitled to the next OS?
And btw service packs don't totally rework the GUI or totally rework the kernel...
And your lucky your not charged for service packs like another company does.
MS wants everyone to buy a new OS well no f**king duh lmao how do you think companies make money.

Why are they still using Windows 98 icons? Probably since they were not updated yet its still in beta.

WTF? Did I say I had a problem buying Win7? I said they're greedy fu*kers! That all.
Who's talking about Windows Vista is more stable and secure then XP? I didn't address that in my post.
No, you're lucky they don't charge for service packs.
Do you actually believe MS can't push a new gui in a service pack?
BTW, is vista in beta? Then why does XP, Vista, and now Win7 have the same win98 icons? Don't thow beta at me!

MS wants everyone to buy a new OS - Agreed.

Also, what are you talking about concerning kernels? CHECK

#23 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

HAI GUISE MY NAME IS WEBTRANCE I LOVE DOUBLE POSTING

#24 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

And my name is Endrit and I love writing in all caps :)

#25 devnet

devnet

evolving humanity

• 195 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

8/10, because it is a huge improvement after vista in terms of technical issues. interface of that glazz and brurrrry thing still sucks, if u compare with mac. they should change the blueish gray color in basic theme that doesn't look much eye candy

#26 Webtrance

Webtrance

WinMatrixian

• 180 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:32 PM

HAI GUISE MY NAME IS WEBTRANCE I LOVE DOUBLE POSTING

If by double post you mean the same post...you can't read. If you mean back-to-back posts, then yes, I do like to double post.

#27 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

You sir, apparently don't know the difference between an OS and a Service Pack.
Yes, Windows 7 is built up on the foundations of Vista, but the code is a lot different, and the kernel has been reworked.

Do you know there's no new kernel in Win7?? KERNEL Also, search Google and become familiar with Win7 first, before you post. So you're telling me they coded it differently and reworked the kernel to LOOK LIKE and FUNCTION LIKE....UMM VISTA? Come on man!! Why does everyone have to pick stuff out of a forum post just to bitch? People take things out of context. I know what the difference between an OS and service pack is. Do you know what code changed? I'll be holding my breath for that answer.

First, I never said there is a new kernel in Windows 7.
Advice: Read properly next time before posting.

Second, don't tell me to search Google or anything to become familiar with Windows 7, I know what I say and only say it when I know enough about it.

People who work on the kernel team know what's changed. Still if you're holding your breath for the answer, know that for one, 'Libraries' use a different approach towards aggregating user's content. You'll understand if you know something about NTFS Junction Points.

#28 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

And well just an observation, correct me if I'm wrong and to agree with Webtrance

Microsoft had been sky-rocketing their OS's price ever since (well, including Office).

At least they should maintain the price and if they add it must be reasonable and measure up to the 10% price increase cap, businesses practice here. I know you can get a discount from an upgrade but still not beyond 10% increase. Imagine, I forgot about 95 but 98 here when it was released costs 150, then XP Home came at 380 then Vista Home Premium came and it retailed at 670. By the looks of it and if we follow the trend, Seven Home Premium(or whatever similar) might go at 900+.

#29 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

6801- 10/10 <-- Looks amazing
7000- 8/10 <-- Meh
7100-9.5/10 <-- Cool but 6801 looks betr ^

Can never be perfect with a registry *facepalm* system slowdown is still imminent, I should beable to uninstall everything and have it just as fast as a vanilla install

Edited by PurplePeopleEater, 05 July 2009 - 11:33 PM.

#30 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

8/10

It's not perfect, it's Windows. It can still be improved and new features can be added. But it's passable, but at this build (RC), it's better than Vista. So good job Microsoft, but I want to see more innovation. Maybe manufacturers should do more. :huh:

#31 CAS91572

CAS91572

Active WinMatrixian

• 640 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

I give it 8/10..I like it alot but I think they should've made look less like Vista.

#32 panel

panel

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

Beta x32 - 8/10
Beta x64 6/10

RC x32/x64 9/10

#33 Elijah?

Elijah?

Believe it.

• 1,246 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:21 AM

6/10
Especially if they charge full price for it. Hell, Snow Leopard is a $30 upgrade, if you own Leopard. There just isn't that "Wow!" factor I got with XP and Vista. It's more of an, "Oh, that's pretty neat."

#34 arkanbh

arkanbh

WinMatrixian

• 212 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:15 AM

windows 7 - 6

windows 7 7100 rc - 5

windows 7 712x - 7

the ms is building slow versions .....

#35 absenteekamsunshine

absenteekamsunshine

New WinMatrixian

• 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

With help of a computer friend I have tried Windows 7 RC and when it came time to setup Windows 7 it didn't like my dvd drive saying that I didn't have a dvd drive after the computer had started up to where Windows 7 was going to start installing so since I can't run Windows 7 without buying a new dvd drive i have to give a rating of 0

#36 SeppWinkler

SeppWinkler

New WinMatrixian

• 39 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:44 AM

RC x64 - 10/10

Sepp

#37 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

8/10

W7 is placed with amazing things. However, if you get to try it for a long time already, you will feel like nothing has changed for so long. some People who rate it down means that they are waiting for something new to the rtm.

#38 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

I'll rate again, this time 5/10
Win7 couldn't have disappointed me more so far.

#39 Guest_doubletrance_*

Guest_doubletrance_*

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

RC 64-bit 9/10

#40 rahuljin

rahuljin

Active WinMatrixian

• 664 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

6/10

due to problem with adobe softwares and slow game play for me as compare to vista.
there are issues with some softwares also.

i also become bored with the same aero and stuffs. i am hoping someone will make w7 more customizable like xp (except windowblinds, i dont like it).

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!