Rate windows 7 Beta/RC (all builds) on a scale of 10

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 navy

navy

WinMatrixian

• 91 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:40 AM

Hey all u guys out there , i would like u to give ur rating for windows 7 beta (all builds ) on a scale of 10.

comments are also welcome .

justify ur rating !

I would give it a 7 /10 .

According to me it is a completely new experience , and it is the way ahead !
Overall performance of OS is good ! I am awaiting release of final version !

#2 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

6/10

Fast and sleek, but doesn't quite cut it. (It is a fresh installation, but after a while it'll slow down)

Can't wait for the RTM, the RC is way too much like Vista.

#3 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:56 AM

7/10 here, can't expect more and yeah also can't wait for the RTM :D

#4 getmanan

getmanan

New WinMatrixian

• 47 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:05 AM

8/10
Love the way it is made.

#5 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:12 AM

6/10
reason: it simply just doesn't cut it. Windows vista cut'd XP in so many ways, but windows7 just doesn't do the same. It just offers a new experience (which many people seem to like), that's all...

#6 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:57 AM

6/10
reason: it simply just doesn't cut it. Windows vista cut'd XP in so many ways, but windows7 just doesn't do the same. It just offers a new experience (which many people seem to like), that's all...

You just contradicted yourself.

#7 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:55 AM

6.5/10
I feel that something is missing/unfinished. Like I said before, I expected more...

#8 rahuljin

rahuljin

Active WinMatrixian

• 664 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:09 AM

6/10. rc is not that good, i think beta was faster.

#9 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:12 AM

Beta? You mean RC build, right?

8/10

It's just perfect!

#10 93-art ~ Alim93

93-art ~ Alim93

Âlîм •• мøhămmэð

• 379 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

i wud definitely not give it more than 7/10....cuz it still cant be completely used on old computers like mine....GRAPHIC CARD.....there must have been an option to make it look better even when running on an unsupported card....man, that bluish grey colour sucks !!!

#11 kyosan

kyosan

Active WinMatrixian

• 770 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:24 AM

7/10 :D

#12 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:54 AM

8/10
The best windows version till date. Microsoft has learned from it's mistakes!

Edited by SharmanNet, 11 May 2009 - 09:50 AM.

#13 Webtrance

Webtrance

WinMatrixian

• 180 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

Well, I wouldn't say MS has learned from it's mistakes. I feel this could be nothing more than Vista service pack 3...or at least could have been. If you're telling Win7 is more secure than Vista, more stable, more everything, why would they not push this in a Vista service pack and give me that functionality now instead of making me purchase a new OS? The only reason I can think of is greed. MS needs more money and wants everyone to buy a new OS. If you had to ask whether you could be approved for an upgrade from Vista...Suze Orman would say "DENIED!"

Oh...and why are we still using Win98 icons in Windows 7? This lack of attention to detail frustrates detail oriented people like myself and has ever since Win98. It's unprofessional, lazy, thoughtless, and to me, unacceptable.

Attached File  Win98_icon.png   35.24K   3 downloads

#14 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

Well, I wouldn't say MS has learned from it's mistakes. I feel this could be nothing more than Vista service pack 3...or at least could have been. If you're telling Win7 is more secure than Vista, more stable, more everything, why would they not push this in a Vista service pack and give me that functionality now instead of making me purchase a new OS? The only reason I can think of is greed. MS needs more money and wants everyone to buy a new OS. If you had to ask whether you could be approved for an upgrade from Vista...Suze Orman would say "DENIED!"

Oh...and why are we still using Win98 icons in Windows 7? This lack of attention to detail frustrates detail oriented people like myself and has ever since Win98. It's unprofessional, lazy, thoughtless, and to me, unacceptable.

Lazy :)

#15 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

Well, I wouldn't say MS has learned from it's mistakes. I feel this could be nothing more than Vista service pack 3...or at least could have been. If you're telling Win7 is more secure than Vista, more stable, more everything, why would they not push this in a Vista service pack and give me that functionality now instead of making me purchase a new OS?

You sir, apparently don't know the difference between an OS and a Service Pack.
Yes, Windows 7 is built up on the foundations of Vista, but the code is a lot different, and the kernel has been reworked.

The only reason I can think of is greed. MS needs more money and wants everyone to buy a new OS. If you had to ask whether you could be approved for an upgrade from Vista...Suze Orman would say "DENIED!"

Then don't purchase it, who is forcing you? Nobody's gonna rob you of your money and make you pay for it.

#16 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

i wud definitely not give it more than 7/10....cuz it still cant be completely used on old computers like mine....GRAPHIC CARD.....there must have been an option to make it look better even when running on an unsupported card....man, that bluish grey colour sucks !!!

Erm... if your computer is really that old it needs to be replaced my aunt has a hp pavilion from 2005 with integrated graphics that runs fine and that's almost 5 years old. A cheap video card to run it will cost you no more then $20 you can't blame the OS if your computer is outdated by years.

Because vista is going on 4 years old...

Windows Vista is more stable and secure then XP should they just of gave that away for free to?
Should everyone who bought a OS since MS DOS be entitled to the next OS?
And btw service packs don't totally rework the GUI or totally rework the kernel...
And your lucky your not charged for service packs like another company does.
MS wants everyone to buy a new OS well no f**king duh lmao how do you think companies make money.

Why are they still using Windows 98 icons? Probably since they were not updated yet its still in beta.

Edited by InlineSkate, 11 May 2009 - 12:00 PM.

#17 93-art ~ Alim93

93-art ~ Alim93

Âlîм •• мøhămmэð

• 379 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

Whatever dude......

#18 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

I would say 4/10.

Compared with the other products Microsoft released which revolutionized computing, 7 barely adds any new features, that is truly their own.

7 might be the best ever OS from them but it seems its not a great leap from the previous versions. It seems it's still more of a service pack.

<<edited sorry Alim if it is still confusing to you >>

Edited by uch_haiden, 11 May 2009 - 07:07 PM.

#19 93-art ~ Alim93

93-art ~ Alim93

Âlîм •• мøhămmэð

• 379 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

I would say 4/10.

Compared with the other products Microsoft products released which revolutionized computing, 7 barely adds any new features that is truly their own.

7 might be the best ever OS from them but it seems its not a great leap from the previous versions. It seems its still more of a service pack.

:blink: :huh: :blink: :huh: :blink: :huh: :blink: :huh: :blink:

#20 BossPlaya

BossPlaya

New WinMatrixian

• 41 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

Beta? You mean RC build, right?

8/10

It's just perfect!

Hmm, I sence a little irony.
You're trying to correct someone, yet you fail to be correct yourself.
If it's perfect it should say 10/10 which it doesn't, in your case.
And oh, I just had to write this.

I'd give it 9/10 :P

Edited by BossPlaya, 11 May 2009 - 01:29 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!