• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 komalo

komalo

Mohamed Kamal

• 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

Glass CMD for Vista

A Small AutoIt Script that works in the background and enables aero on the background of any new cmd window

updates :
*fix : running in a loop if the exe file was renamed to cmd.exe
*fix : starting in temp directory not in desktop
*changed icon to fediaFedia icon
*now it blurs any new cmd but it stays in taskbar :new:

Screenshots by fediaFedia:
Posted Image
Posted Image

deviantArt link : http://komalo.devian...Vista-121457868

Source code : http://www.autoitscr...showtopic=94763

Console2 Glassed By Lord Devrexster :
Download : http://cs.servegame....ed-Console2.rar

Here is the Glassed Console2. Download zip, extract to folder, run "Glassed-Console2.exe" (same old instructions :sleep: )

http://cs.servegame....ed-Console2.rar

And here is the full glass cmd thing (scrollbar cudnt be removed :( )

http://www.mediafire...php?wo1omdmzmmy

BTW, used Fedia's icon in both of them. And one more thing is I dont claim (or need) any credit for these. All credit goes to komalo.

Edited by komalo, 21 May 2009 - 10:22 AM.

#2 Ammarx

Ammarx

GeneralfeldmarschallROMMEL

• 934 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

Al Fantastic

#3 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for the code!

P.S. i updated the screenshot in your post, forgot to highlight the text radio button.

#4 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:45 PM

Again awesome job! (Y) Thanks alot for both app and source code :D

#5 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

Good job man! :)

#6 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

Looks good but on Windows 7 it doesn't look as good as that screensho :(

#7 SamiWiecieKto

SamiWiecieKto

Lurking all around

• 490 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

From technical side:
  • broken url tag - to Autowhatever
  • could be optimized - code is a bit messy, many unnecessary elements, unless that scripting language is defying logic with it's declarations etc. (I assume that's possible)
Notice: to others if You want to write comment on my post - do not. Unless You develop at last one full program or graduated with IT title. Even universe has some stupidity level limit.

P.s.: if You still don't understand that above - then You surely shouldn't be writing anything.

Edited by SamiWiecieKto, 04 May 2009 - 10:30 PM.

#8 kinsemon

kinsemon

Lurker

• 52 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:50 PM

From technical side:

• broken url tag - to Autowhatever
  • could be optimized - code is a bit messy, many unnecessary elements, unless that scripting language is defying logic with it's declarations etc. (I assume that's possible)
Notice: to others if You want to write comment on my post - do not. Unless You develop at last one full program or graduated with IT title. Even universe has some stupidity level limit.

P.s.: if You still don't understand that above - then You surely shouldn't be writing anything.

blah blah blah! still haven't seen anything from you after all this time. Instead of blabbering about how supposedly good you are, just release your own app, or improve the existing one. It will be up to the community to like or not like your outout. jeez!

btw, I am NOT a developer, just a community member.

#9 kyosan

kyosan

Active WinMatrixian

• 770 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

Wow :o Fantastic :devil: Thank you

#10 SamiWiecieKto

SamiWiecieKto

Lurking all around

• 490 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

blah blah blah! still haven't seen anything from you after all this time. Instead of blabbering about how supposedly good you are, just release your own app, or improve the existing one. It will be up to the community to like or not like your outout. jeez!

btw, I am NOT a developer, just a community member.

Cause I develop in other area and more complex applications than this one. Problem is that with your current level of programing knowledge you don't even understand a half of what I'm saying: unless you would just optimize this code by yourself, which actually even beginner can do if wishes to.

Moreover, it's not first time I'm commenting Komalo (which does His work and I always show great respect to people who work hard) coding style - which I find inelegant, or at last unreasoned.

Anyway never used this language, even though there is a difference - which non-developers won't possibly see and understand.

code as above - example optimized for educational purposes- not tested.
#NoTrayIcon
#include <WinAPI.au3>
$ProcessID = Run(@SystemDir & "\cmd.exe","",0)
WinWait("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]")
$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:ConsoleWindowClass]") 
	 If @OSVersion = "WIN_VISTA" Then
		$Struct = DllStructCreate("dword;int;ptr;int")
		DllStructSetData($Struct,1,0x00000001)
		DllStructSetData($Struct,2,1)
		DllStructSetData($Struct,4,1)
		DllCall("dwmapi.dll","int","DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow","hwnd",$hWnd,"ptr",DllStructGetPtr($Struct))
	 else
		MsgBox(16, "EnableBlurBehind", "You are not running Vista!")
		Return
	 EndIf
WinSetState($hWnd,"",9)

One more funny thing, guess what - I don't care about "community" people alike you. Further more - without people like me those communities wouldn't exists as we spend our time on developing things for Users.

#11 kyosan

kyosan

Active WinMatrixian

• 770 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:35 AM

Have it run on Win7 ?

#12 casadub

casadub

New WinMatrixian

• 27 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:50 AM

i agree with others in this thread

all u do sami is go around to other forums like neowin and spam how good your little effects program is

even though it doesnt even work

these communites have been around before you and would flourish without you

i miss the old winmatrix back in 04 where it was nothing but windowblinds and visual styles and not arogent programmers like you who keep talking about how good they are

kamolo created a useful program and the first thing you say is YOUR CODE IS UNOPTOMIZED!!! BLAH BLAH

noone really cares as long as it works

go to a programming forum if you wanna talk like that and i bet if you went to a dedicated programming forum you would see how annoying it would be to be corrected on every little thing

YOU ARE NOT THE BEST AND NOONE CARES ABOUT UNOPTOMIZED CODE IF THE PROGRAM WORKS

please stop being a ass

Edited by casadub, 05 May 2009 - 02:51 AM.

#13 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

-snip-

If you liked the old WinMatrix back in 2004, why didn't you join then? So you had nothing to contribute for 5 years? All you did was lurk, and then join in 2009? And yeah, at one point WM was all just customization but the community grew into what it is today. Love it or loathe it.

After looking at your source, even though I know very little programming I can tell that some things just need to be cleaned up. But still, good work. :)

#14 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:56 AM

Nice work komalo.

Everyone else, please.... Posted Image

#15 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:03 AM

Again THE MOST LEGENDARY THREAD EVER Lol :D (Y) Love it

#16 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:14 AM

alright peeps, please stop with the hateing and such. this is the only warning. i come in here again and find users bitching, i will edit all posts I find offensive (a lot of them), and then close the thread so that no more posts can be made.

Seriously, STOP FUSSING.

Sami has a point. Writing apps IS hard. Non-programmers will never understand this.
However, casadub is right also. with out the community members, then custom apps would not be appreciated / downloaded often.

So lets drop it that both parties have points.

END OF BITCHING AND TROLLING.

And to those that live to egg the trolls on, stop it. seriously. last warning. I CAN forcibly stop this if i have to, but i would perfer to NOT do so.

#17 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:57 AM

Great Job ;)

*Do you think you could do this for Powershell?

Edited by Syzygy, 05 May 2009 - 06:12 AM.

#18 TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

GreenMan

• 1,635 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

@komalo you are the man!

#19 SamiWiecieKto

SamiWiecieKto

Lurking all around

• 490 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

After looking at your source, even though I know very little programming I can tell that some things just need to be cleaned up. But still, good work. :)

It just seems that Komalo has a habit of leaving many unnecessary things in a code, arranging code bad etc. we could see it already in previous programs.

Then we can hear things alike - from some other developer: program uses 30 mb of memory... what? Why my code that does the same uses only 4 mb?

[b]alright peeps, please stop with the hateing and such. this is the only warning. i come in here again and find users bitching, i will edit all posts I find offensive (a lot of them), and then close the thread so that no more posts can be made.

Dur lex, sed lex :yes:

Sami has a point. Writing apps IS hard. Non-programmers will never understand this.

They see final product, not our time and work. What's most sad - they will think so on other fields: I doubt they ever wondered how much effort it takes to gather, process food they eat.

However, casadub is right also. with out the community members, then custom apps would not be appreciated / downloaded often.

We developers started all changes, if someone of Our kind didn't think that adding wallpaper support, building software for resource changing etc. they could customize at last border of their monitor by putting stickers on it. (nothing bad, actually that was a one of the methods...there were full CRT edge covers with fishes pattern etc. ^_^' never got one :( (but had Intel sticker once! :D) )

This is one of the philosophical dilemma, but as I had opportunity to track all computer evolution history - in this case I really believe in such hierarchical structure. Furthermore, if they don't show enough respect to Us they mind end only with commercial solutions: and really I can write such serial/registration system that they surely wont be able to use it illegally.

Moreover, I started wondering of age graph of current users - then I started to wonder whether those most "brave" around 16 ages old, would be so tough when it comes to speak so freely to 20+ person in daily life. My answer is simple: not.

#20 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

Moreover, I started wondering of age graph of current users - then I started to wonder whether those most "brave" around 16 ages old, would be so tough when it comes to speak so freely to 20+ person in daily life. My answer is simple: not.

You'll be surprised.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!