• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#101 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:07 PM

Just a FYI to people - one programmer (from winmatrix) managed to make a 20 line autoscript which actually enables glass on the cmd window. It's incomplete though, but proof of concept.
@PurplePeopleEater Same thing, different frame color.

Okay folks, here is what we have so far:
Posted Image
A simple and original solution by komalo :)

(Note the theme is slightly edited for this effect, but I hope that issue will be fixed as well as the borders will be added)

#102 squirrlehunter

squirrlehunter

iLurk

• 121 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

Thats amazing progress! Been watching this tread from the begining and i think this idea is fantastic. Are you aiming towards an effect like the gadgets window?

#103 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:45 PM

Thats amazing progress! Been watching this tread from the begining and i think this idea is fantastic. Are you aiming towards an effect like the gadgets window?

Yep, i think it's close to being completed. Although I wonder what kind of approach will Villian suggest.

#104 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

Just a FYI to people - one programmer (from winmatrix) managed to make a 20 line autoscript which actually enables glass on the cmd window. It's incomplete though, but proof of concept.

Posted Image

(Note the theme is slightly edited for this effect, but I hope that issue will be fixed as well as the borders will be added)

Any way to remove the scrollbar? And it's possible to change the background colour using the colour commands right?

#105 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

Any way to remove the scrollbar? And it's possible to change the background colour using the colour commands right?

Not sure about the scrollbar, but colorization - yeah. As you can see I'm using graphite.

#106 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Not sure about the scrollbar, but colorization - yeah. As you can see I'm using graphite.

Hmm, not sure if you know what I mean.

If this works with batch files, then you are able to change the background colour (In the centre, where the text field is) and you should also be able to change the text colour.

*Example
Posted Image

Edited by Syzygy, 03 May 2009 - 03:05 PM.

#107 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

If this works with batch files, then you are able to change the background colour (In the centre, where the text field is) and you should also be able to change the text colour.

Text color is changeable, the background color hoverer is not, it looks weird, because the code probably is set to detect color black and remove it.

What do you know:
Posted Image
It worked, but it needs a border. But the background color doesn't look all that great on default...

#108 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

Text color is changeable, the background color hoverer is not, it looks weird, because the code probably is set to detect color black and remove it.

What do you know:
Posted Image
It worked, but it needs a border

LEAK ME CODE

Edited by Syzygy, 03 May 2009 - 03:10 PM.

#109 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

So then how are you meant to implement a dark tint to make it look sexy?

That's what the developer should fix. But it seems pretty nice on graphite anyway.
About leaking - i can't without the developer's permission. Also its not yet finished, black color doesn't work at all.

#110 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

That's what the developer should fix. But it seems pretty nice on graphite anyway.
About leaking - i can't without the developer's permission. Also its not yet finished, black color doesn't work at all.

Has komalo even posted in this thread? Anyway ill check up on this thing tomorow..looks like good progress.

Back to sleep :D 1:13am

*Regarding the black color, is it only set to delete RGB at 0,0,0? or can we set it so it is graphite-like (Grey?)

Edited by Syzygy, 03 May 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#111 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

Has komalo even posted in this thread? Anyway ill check up on this thing tomorow..looks like good progress.

Back to sleep :D 1:13am

*Regarding the black color, is it only set to delete RGB at 0,0,0? or can we set it so it is graphite-like (Grey?)

Black and all shades of dark grey are too transparent to be visible.
It seems like this 0,0,0 - invisible ---> 255,255,255 White
For some reason the best results in color customization can be only achieved in graphite, in default everything is too bright

#112 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

Black and all shades of dark grey are too transparent to be visible.
It seems like this 0,0,0 - invisible ---> 255,255,255 White
For some reason the best results in color customization can be only achieved in graphite, in default everything is too bright

I only use graphite, not a problem for me :D

*nvm, hard to explain. KOMALO CODE PLEASE :)

#113 komalo

komalo

Mohamed Kamal

• 124 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

hi all
the border thing can be done through DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow
so i think it can work with http://www.upload.ee...0525/colors.png
and also i think it will remove the gradient
as for the code i am now updating it with DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow to it , do you want the old or wait for the new ?

Edited by komalo, 03 May 2009 - 03:42 PM.

#114 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

hi all
the border thing can be done through DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow
so i think it can work with http://www.upload.ee...0525/colors.png

as for the code i am now updating it with DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow to it , do you want the old or wait for the new ?

I'll wait for the new as I'm meant to be asleep anyway.

#115 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image
:woot: Looks great!

But alas, only with graphite, on default white looks a little strange (the colors are very saturated)
A suggestion: If you set the code to remove color black, maybe you can change it to remove magic pink instead? Maybe that way black colorization would be possible...

#116 Ammarx

Ammarx

GeneralfeldmarschallROMMEL

• 934 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

<post removed by Admin> We dont have compatible drivers for PERSONAL ATTACKS. ;) If u have anything to complain about, pm the admin or the mods. DONT POST PUBLICLY.</post removed by Admin>

Posted Image

#117 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

@fedia

So it is like we have to run a separate app along with cmd to make it glass, is it?? It wud be better if the app itself calls the cmd window so that we dont have to launch two different things.

@komalo
Why not use ExtendIntoClientAll (with -ve margin values) to make the whole window glassy ?? what I mean is there will be no border at all. Everything will be just glass. It wud look even more cool. ;)

#118 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

@fedia

So it is like we have to run a separate app along with cmd to make it glass, is it?? It wud be better if the app itself calls the cmd window so that we dont have to launch two different things.

@komalo
Why not use ExtendIntoClientAll (with -ve margin values) to make the whole window glassy ?? what I mean is there will be no border at all. Everything will be just glass. It wud look even more cool. ;)

This app is just a small command applet which enables glass, after that you can close it (or it can be set to do everything in background) and glass will remain.

And the whole window being glassy isn't so good, you can see the results how it would look on the previous page.

#119 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

200 119 posts in 3 days! Isn't it a record?

The desktop thread got only 33 posts till now.

Edited by USG Ishimura, 03 May 2009 - 07:45 PM.

#120 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

200 119 120 posts in 3 days! Isn't it a record?

The desktop thread got only 33 posts till now.

Indeed a record, but there is also another record:
Posted Image
I think she didn't leave this thread since morning (I checked few times a day)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!