windows xp

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Thomas - Dosanjh

Thomas - Dosanjh

Hope Runs Deep

• 225 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

Does anyone that use this eventually get a dip in performance... My Rig needs upgrading eventually and if its gonna take a toll on performance eventually i'll stand clear..

Looks awesome though, Great job X! =D

#22 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

^ It will install new resource hungry apps which will obviously slow down your system.

#23 Windows X

Windows X

WinMatrixian

• 138 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:30 AM

I have to disappoint you that it won't degrade system performance. Why?

1. It can detect target's CPU speed and physical memory and setup appropriate applications that won't make PC significant slower
2. User need to acknowledge that they're going to install 3rd-party apps by clicking I agree that using it may slow down the system (just may though). If that user doesn't want to slow down, they won't use 3rd-party apps by default lol

#24 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

Sorry but it's better without those annoying third parties imho... :)

#25 Windows X

Windows X

WinMatrixian

• 138 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

Program doesn't force user to install them. If you don't want 3rd-party apps with this, you can just uncheck them easily. It's not wise to make 2 versions for separating 3rd-party applications considering many famous applications are trying to bundle toolbar now.

#26 PeterRollar

PeterRollar

Old fart

• 99 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

One thing i don`t understand: I`ve downloaded 7TP today again. The download still contains the old viglance. It is not a big deal to update this. Also many of the icons are still wrong. This is mostly VTP9 and still needs a lot of work.

#27 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

^ Windows X you should make nightly builds or automatic update system. :D

#28 Thomas - Dosanjh

Thomas - Dosanjh

Hope Runs Deep

• 225 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

I forgot to ask an obvious question...

Does it work for Vista? =Dx

#29 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

No it is for XP only. May be he will release a Vista version. :)

#30 Airflow

Airflow

wolfriA

• 796 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Why wouldn't you just use the visual style for Vista..

#31 Windows X

Windows X

WinMatrixian

• 138 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

Seven Transformation Pack 2.0 released

Well, it's finally here. Although Windows 7 RTM is coming near. However, I don't think waiting for Windows 7 RTM to be released first wouldn't be wise enough because there may be tons of changes and need another long delay again. This version is pretty much simple for bug fixes and some in-house updates like ViGlance. But why 2.0 instead of 1.0.1 or 1.1? Because there're some special updates in this release and it's just only beginning for me (though some people may aware of this and get bored already).

Seven Transformation Pack 2.0 Keynotes
Vista compatibilities - Starting from version 2.0, Seven Transformation Pack will support Windows Vista operating system and allow user to get Windows 7 experiences in Windows Vista. It will support XP/2003 and Windows Vista in same installation package for easy update and avoid conflicts. You may think file size is too large for Windows Vista user alone but please bear with it.

Bug fixes - some bugs found in previous releases are fixed. This includes clean uninstallation that will remove all installed features and tweaks for real this time. I tested it in Windows XP/2003/Vista and found everything removed properly. Bugs with incorrect icons are fixed also but I intentionly changed closed folder to ones specified in imageres.dll as proper closed folder regardless of Windows Vista/7 keep using opened for both. Vista Rainbar will not longer keep nagging full screen application and have memory leak issue resolved for long-time use.

ViGlance improvements - This is our MVP in this release. You will get the advanced version of ViGlance. It has Aero Peek feature showing live thumbnail on taskbar. You can pin application on taskbar as Windows 7. Options section is now available for ViGlance configuration and yeah.....it has superb graphics updated by Windows X that resembles Windows 7 RTM. The stability is improves a lot too and compatible with vertical taskbar and full screen apps.

Well, that's all for this version. Enjoy the release in Seven Transformation Pack page ;)

Attached Files

#32 ThunderROM

ThunderROM

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,637 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

Finally Vista compatibility! Thanks Windows X :hug:

#33 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

Wow, it works on Vista now! Awesome job Windows X!

#34 PRATOSH

PRATOSH

WINMATRIX DEVELOPER.

• 563 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:08 AM

I was a hardcore user of vtp and used to blog on windows x site till one day i had posted in late 2007 about making a transformation pack for windows 7.then they said the idea was stupid and removed the post.Angrily i never again blooged in windows x site.Anyways i am happy windows x atleast has released a windows 7 tp.

#35 mediar

mediar

Active WinMatrixian

• 468 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

Great work, WindowsX!

I don't use transformation packs, but this one is great.

#36 tonyokoro

tonyokoro

New WinMatrixian

• 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

does anyone know where i can get the advanced version of viglance with aero peek and live thumbnails on taskbar. the version on his site only shows picture on thumbail. I dont want to use the transformation pack on vista as i dont thinks its needed just viglance

#37 Heatseeker-X9

Heatseeker-X9

WinMatrixian

• Validating
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

Download link not working :whistle:

Edited by Heatseeker-X9, 10 July 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#38 diono

diono

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

I got a message your C:/windows/scrnrdr.exe did not open and make sure you have access to it.

#39 Windows X

Windows X

WinMatrixian

• 138 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:12 PM

diono, what OS and security app are you using? It could be false positive report about scrnrdr (screen reader). Try disabling security app or run in safemode. I tested with Avira and it worked fine.

#40 yungjay

yungjay

Graphics Designer

• 63 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

Good job, but explorer looks nothing like it does in Windows 7.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows xp