Some Adobe CS4 application components are missing from the Directory

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 dtack68

dtack68

^^^ Me and my girl, Rachel :) ^^^

• 470 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Well, I just installed the Adobe CS4 Master collection. I run Adobe Premiere Pro, it works fine, I run After Effects, it runs fine, I run Photoshop, I get this, "Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory, Please reinstall the application." At the end of the installation, it said that the English language packs were missing from some of the programs. How do I fix this?

Solution: Scroll down to post #5 for the solution.

#2 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

..by reinstalling

#3 dtack68

dtack68

^^^ Me and my girl, Rachel :) ^^^

• 470 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

I have already done that... 3 times

#4 paulr

paulr

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:37 AM

I have the same problem on Photoshop CS4

some of the application components are missing from the application directory.....

Please let me know if you have found a solution

Tried reinstalling, downloading updates and still not working.

I had CS3 on before and that is fine tried installing another PC and it works fine???

#5 Guest_setaer_*

Guest_setaer_*

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

I have the same problem on Photoshop CS4

some of the application components are missing from the application directory.....

Please let me know if you have found a solution

Tried reinstalling, downloading updates and still not working.

I had CS3 on before and that is fine tried installing another PC and it works fine???

I managed to find a solution. The problem is that the language files for Photoshop were incorrectly installed. If you want to correct it, download the file Locales.zip from http://www.mediafire.com/?zkwcmmzny3y

Then, unzip the Locales folder at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\ and that's it!

#6 Guest_thanks_*

Guest_thanks_*

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:04 AM

I managed to find a solution. The problem is that the language files for Photoshop were incorrectly installed. If you want to correct it, download the file Locales.zip from http://www.mediafire.com/?zkwcmmzny3y

Then, unzip the Locales folder at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\ and that's it!

Worked Perfectly, thanks.

#7 Guest_Jacob N_*

Guest_Jacob N_*

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

+1
Thanks!

#8 Guest_Deepak Pillai_*

Guest_Deepak Pillai_*

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hi!

Had the same problem on Windows 7 Ultimate. Adobe CS4 would install but none of the programs worked correctly. They drove me nuts and after searching the net and googling for high and low got your solution. Now PS works like a charm!!! Thanks a lot.

#9 Deepak Pillai

Deepak Pillai

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hi!

Had the same problems on my PC running Windows 7 Ultimate. CS4 almost drove me nuts with this stupid unresolvable installation. After a search on the net and googling for high and low, found your solution. Now PS works like a charm!!! Thanks for your kind help. Ah! I'm also bookmarking the links for future help and use. Thanks Again!!!!

#10 Guest_Bonilla_*

Guest_Bonilla_*

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

I've been fighting this error for hours with 3 reinstalls and your fix worked perfectly, thanks so much!

#11 Guest_Ch!mera_*

Guest_Ch!mera_*

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:38 PM

Worked fine, cheers man !!! :woot:

#12 Guest_Larson_*

Guest_Larson_*

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

it works fine but i can't install updates any longer. I still have to understand why now everytime i install PS CS4 it does this on both 32 and 64 bit,it used to work just fine before,nothing changed.

#13 Guest_minime_*

Guest_minime_*

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

Has anyone the german locale file and can upload it?

#14 Guest_Mario_*

Guest_Mario_*

Posted 27 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

thank you so much! we should pay YOU thousands of dollars, not adobe for their f*ckin installers!

#15 Guest_oxx101xxo_*

Guest_oxx101xxo_*

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:52 AM

Wow...no clue how you knew that...but worked great..thanks

#16 Guest_remco_*

Guest_remco_*

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

Wow...no clue how you knew that...but worked great..thanks

In my case I had to put the locales file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\faf656ef605427ee2f42989c3ad31b8\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit). But it works like a charme (once I found out where to put the files in my situation.

#17 Guest_Justyna_*

Guest_Justyna_*

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

I have the same problem. Can U help me with MAC VERSION?

#18 Guest_paolo_*

Guest_paolo_*

Posted 20 March 2010 - 06:17 PM

It works, yes, THANKS!

#19 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*

Posted 08 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

you are the best! thank you so much! i was was spending hours to find a solution and now ive got the solution in 200 kb :D

#20 Guest_Felipe_*

Guest_Felipe_*

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:29 AM

Hey guy!!!

It really works fine... however another simple solution without downloading this file, is just running "Setup.exe" file and install another English pack (Photoshop has English US and International as well). So if you have installed Photoshop CS4 chosing "English US" earlier, just run "Setup.exe" file again, but now chosing English International.

I hope it works! In my case it has worked well!!!

See u!!!

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!