* * * * * 1 votes

[update] Portable "ORIGINAL" Movie Maker for 7

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Pierre_*

Guest_Pierre_*

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the nice soft, I could install it well. What I'm yet unable to do is having my miniDV camcorder to stream video' files to WMM. I connect the camera via USB, I play the tape, but the camera is not available in the "available devices" list in WMM.

Any clue? Was someone able to do it in WM7 or Vista. BTW, it works fine on my XP install.

Cheers.

#42 Guest_James Jennings_*

Guest_James Jennings_*

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:00 AM

Some people are reporting that their antivirus goes crazy about "Runonce.exe" when they download this, well plz note that its packed with UPX exe compressor. Unfortunately most virus "people" use it to pack their stuff too. So their antivirus panicked when it saw the same packer.

So why "pack" it? Leave it bigger (It's not that big anyway) and you can aleviate all our fears about malware...

#43 Guest_tommy_*

Guest_tommy_*

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:40 AM

has a problem, click runonce.exe but when I click on Movie Maker, the old movie maker version 5.1 running up XP What am I doing wrong? 'm Swedish, so that there could be errors in spelling. greetings tommy

#44 AKRAM2009

AKRAM2009

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

THANKSSSS

#45 Guest_typedink_*

Guest_typedink_*

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:27 AM

pal, only one problem... the preview screen does not preview! It shows the effects and collections files, but when I drag'em to the timeline... only black screen! :(

I'm running Win XP 64... maybe it's the problem! Is it?

Thanks for the effort,

Dan

I too am having this issue. It just has a black screen in the preview when trying to view the timeline.

#46 dcdomain

dcdomain

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:24 AM

File seems to have been removed by the host. If anyone else is looking for it CNet has a mirror here: http://download.cnet...520.html?tag=bc

#47 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 06:11 AM

File seems to have been removed by the host. If anyone else is looking for it CNet has a mirror here: http://download.cnet...520.html?tag=bc

Umm, what ?? The file link is working. I checked it... :yes:

#48 Guest_Vashti_*

Guest_Vashti_*

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:31 AM

I'm running MicroXP v.82 (XP Professional, 2002, SP3) I can download and extract the files. I can run runonce.exe yet when I double click the program exe, it doesn't start or run. Is there a reason for this? Can anyone help me?

#49 Guest_Jijinka_*

Guest_Jijinka_*

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

I am reporting the same BLANK/BLACK screen when I drag a video into the TimeLine and I play it. Previewing the clip from the collection folders works but not from the timeline

Windows 7 x64

#50 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

OK I FIXED THE BLANK SCREEN PROBLEM with WINDOWS 7 (I am the Guest poster above)

The crytical files are QUARTZ.DLL and QEDIT.DLL
The Windows 7 versions are NO GOOD for this portable app.

GO HERE
http://www.givemefil.../dll_14017.html for QEDIT.DLL
http://www.givemefil...ll/dll_453.html for QUARTZ.DLL

those are Windows XP versions
UNZIP them into your PORTABLE MOVIE MAKER FOLDER

AND IT WORKS!!!!!!
ENJOY!!!!

#51 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:05 PM

OK One more problem now. After fixing the Blank screen apparently this portable version gives me a SAVING ERROR. After choosing the quality and the folder to save and clicking SAVE it says "Windows Media Maker cannot write to this folder...." which in that case was the desktop or any folder for that matter.

Any suggestions?

#52 Guest_ReLoy G_*

Guest_ReLoy G_*

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

Do i need to run the Runonce.exe every time i use the movie maker?

#53 Guest_MATT_*

Guest_MATT_*

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

Thanks so much. I have been searching for a way to download MM without downloading SP -- ESPECIALLY a portable version, for 2 years. THANKS!!!

#54 Guest_matt_*

Guest_matt_*

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

After installation I tried to access the built in help file but it was missing the file: "...\Movie Maker\MUI\0409\moviemk.chm". This file can be downloaded here: My link

#55 Owadel

Owadel

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Thank You!
This is very useful.

#56 Guest_Javier_*

Guest_Javier_*

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

Emm, I'm new at this and wanted to ask something.

When I try to put pictures in the video line and reproduce, the screen goes black, listening to the music and the titles are, but the images no.Que I can do?

I speak Spanish, so I'm using a translator.

T_T I hope your answers

#57 Guest_liz_*

Guest_liz_*

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

I just downloaded the portable MM (I'm running XP)and I started to input my avi files and pics, but everything looks blurry in the timeline. When I play the storyboard the quality is terrible. Is this related to the PMM or is there something else I need to download. I'm having a similar issue with the real MM, but not as bad (the pics are not blurry in the Timeline, but the playstory quality is still less than if you were to play the AVI in Realplayer or view the pics in photoshop).

#58 Guest_liz_*

Guest_liz_*

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

I just downloaded the portable MM (I'm running XP)and I started to input my avi files and pics, but everything looks blurry in the timeline. When I play the storyboard the quality is terrible. Is this related to the PMM or is there something else I need to download. I'm having a similar issue with the real MM, but not as bad (the pics are not blurry in the Timeline, but the playstory quality is still less than if you were to play the AVI in Realplayer or view the pics in photoshop).

UPDATE: Now even the real MM is all blurry. I even went back to old MM files that I created last year and the images are all blurry.

They are still blurry when I save the movie in the best quality. This is incredible. I've seen others on the web with the same issue, but so far no one has given anyone a fix to this problem. I don't want to have to use some other software. Is this related to codecs? other installed programs? What happened to my movie maker?

Just to clarify... I install the portable movie maker and the problem is the same as the real mm that came with windows. Blurry images (both video and JPGs). It doesn't matter what created the JPG, they all are blurry once imported into WMM.

#59 Guest_white onyx_*

Guest_white onyx_*

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

hi there,

I'm kindly asking for help regarding Windows Movie Maker as posted in the subject. for explaining the problem I first want to apologize cause my native language is german so please excuse if I sometimes have troubles to express myself correctly (but I don't mind if someone german speaking person here would like to help either :))

I want to make a Music video with WMM (Windows xp version). I currently use my dad's cell phone for making video files which I transferred to the pc. So the problem is the video files are obviously in mp4 format and if I try to open them with Windows Media Player it won't work. I tried a few freeware converter but either it didn't really work or I'd have to pay for it. Some guy here told me about

http://mulder.dummwi...ojects#avidemux

which seems fine but I really don't know how to use it or if it really works. I did download it but now I have no clue what's do do with it. Does anyone know about this or could tell me how to use it?

I also loaded the MPlayer of this page and all the files instantly changed the format so I could open them all with this player without any problems - but not with Windows Media Player!

I just need to know how I can manage to load all the files now into the WMM cause even the files format changed with this MPlayer it didn't work yet. If I try to load just one file into WMM I promptly get an error message that says something like: "File C:/...doesn't have supported data type and can't be opened".

I have no clue which freeware converter I should use or what exactly causes the troubles - the Windows Media Player maybe? Should I delete and reinstall it?

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone would be able to help me out with some information to fix this problem,

greets from Austria
Karin

#60 Guest_Tom_*

Guest_Tom_*

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

I am using Movie maker for years. Allways problems. Unstabble.
This version is fantastic.
Thnk you very much. Very good job.
Tom

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!