"The future of Windows XP" from Microsoft

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61 Naughty Kuchi-Patchi

Naughty Kuchi-Patchi

Netscape Fanboy

• 20 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:54 AM

Well I've just upgraded from XP to Vista business. I'm actually quite happy with the decision. You can only eye off the newer stuff for so long. I too figured I would continue using XP to the ends of the earth. But I soon grew bored of its clunkiness, Hideous UI and annoying error messages. And Vista SP1 did change alot. Stability is no longer an issue and the sidebar is actually really useful.

While it did take a lot of hacking to get Aero working when It should have worked from when I installed the bloody thing.

Otherwise the whole thing is alot more unified, I get a lot less errors and It finally has a reasonably reliable sleep-wake system. But sleep wake is still way better on OSX. and VMware doesn't function under vista because it uses up so much ram.

Well I guess I will be stuck with vista for ages now until win7 becomes cheaper. I'm actually quite p*ssed at MS for going along and making a new OS like 2 years after XP's sequel came out. If anything the minor updates for win7 put me off. Why should I go spending another $350 to loose the sidebar functionallity and get an annoying looking taskbar. I barley see those as reasons to go waste more of my money.

NKP

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!