60 replies to this topic

#41 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

2020?
Dude?

You do know that the power of the computer matches the power of the human mind in 2024?

You think they will still be running XP?
No.

XP is already dying, and Windows 7 is about to bury it.

#42 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

I know some people and companies who are still running unsupported Windows 98 as well as Windows 2000 for some reasons (i.e playing old DOS games hehe). Xp support (all versions) will still continue until 2014 (longer than Vista Home Premium!) and all 3rd parties/software vendors and hardware companies already pledge/have policy to support it at least for 3-4 years forward (as you can see MS is back porting and releasing many Vista and 7 only technologies with completely their APIs documentation to Xp and 2003 (as down-level features), for developers, for example .Net Framework 3.5, XML Paper Specification, Windows Search Platform, exFAT and so on. OK, except DirectX10/11 for gaming but still enough for most of software developers since usually they will use only generic APIs and even maybe other standard formats). It's still worth to stick with Xp for people and no reason to worry about it till it's not supported anymore (please don't misunderstand, i have Xp MCE 2005, Vista Premium, Ultimate and Windows 7 on some high spec machines and i'm experienced enough with computer).

But as i ever said before, i agree Windows 7 (and any future OSes) will still be better than both Xp and Vista (it's called technology, you can't keep Xp and even Windows 7 forever, right?), in the future many people will be happy to use it (like me), or may replace Xp/Vista with it. :) Again, it's just my opinion above, so peace! :D

Edit: Or it's better i.e to make your machine dual/triple boot or more guys: Xp, Vista, and Windows 7, just like me and many people here or out there! :devil: :D

No more to say here. Just finished! No more incompatibilities, complaints, debates, etc. Long live Xp!

Edited by AMIRZ, 17 March 2009 - 12:04 AM.

#43 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

2020?
Dude?

You do know that the power of the computer matches the power of the human mind in 2024?

You think they will still be running XP?
No.

XP is already dying, and Windows 7 is about to bury it.

Too bad vista didn't bury it

It would of if people wouldn't be so cheap and spent 15$ for a ram upgrade >_>

Ram is soooo damn cheap these days, an upgrade will cost between $75 - $150 at the most...

That will get you a high performance DDR3 kit actually.

Edited by InlineSkate, 16 March 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#44 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

Too bad vista didn't bury it

It would of if people wouldn't be so cheap and spent 15$ for a ram upgrade >_>

Ram is soooo damn cheap these days, an upgrade will cost between $75 - $150 at the most...

That will get you a high performance DDR3 kit actually.

Or a low performance DDR1 kit

#45 Frylock86

Frylock86

WinMatrixian 1337

• 3,075 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

When something major (over $100) burns out, that means it's time for a new rig.

Haha. Just did exactly that when my rig's HDD failed today. (Running my EEE now)

RIP buddy.... :(

@ Eye Pie Rate

I will be buying Windows 7, and you should too. Microsoft worked very hard making 7 what it is, and they deserve to be rewarded for their hard work and dedication at making a great OS...

#46 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

When something major (over $100) burns out, that means it's time for a new rig.

Haha. Just did exactly that when my rig's HDD failed today. (Running my EEE now)

RIP buddy.... :(

@ Eye Pie Rate

I will be buying Windows 7, and you should too. Microsoft worked very hard making 7 what it is, and they deserve to be rewarded for their hard work and dedication at making a great OS...

Should be buying any program tbh but Adobe really needs to get off there high horse and charge less for photoshop.

$700 thats insane..

#47 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

I also love pirating (anything) but otherwise i don't mind to buy a software (even mp3) while the author/developer of it really deserves reward/payment for the hard work. (Btw honestly my Xp MCE 2005 and Pro, Vista (OEM Premium only), Office 2003, 2007, Kaspersky, AVG IS, Tune Up Utilities, PE Explorer, Visual Studio, Photoshop CS2, Intervideo, JV16, Getdata NTFS (Thanx alot it recovered all my data back for about $70 though, but it's really a great software) and some are genuine/legal, while the other ones (and they are majority) are still pirated hehehe i.e i got Vista Ultimate and PS CS3 via torrents). Please don't call it "morality" or "hypocrisy" etc, but just a fair game for me. :D

But you know that sometimes MS is too "evil" for some people... :devil: :lol: so...pirates rule! :devil: hehe it's a fact.

However as i said, i will still get Windows 7 legally (OEM, by purchasing a new laptop with it next year edit: and make it dual/triple boot again hehe). so guys, please support MS for making great softwares especially Windows 7! Cheers! :D

Edited by AMIRZ, 17 March 2009 - 02:10 PM.

#48 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

I think the one that will be gone soon is Vista. 7 is better, it works just like vista. Vista will be replaced by 7 quickly. XP will stay a little more i think...

#49 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

I think the one that will be gone soon is Vista. 7 is better, it works just like vista. Vista will be replaced by 7 quickly. XP will stay a little more i think...

:rofl: LLLolz agreed (Y)

#50 poolsharkzz

poolsharkzz

XP - 'till the world blows up!

• 403 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

Let's face it: XP will still be around for some folks until their hardware finally burns out and they cannot find suitable or cheap replacements. That may be in 2015, 2020, maybe even longer...

As for Windows 7 - let's see how that goes. I have never been one to adopt new technology right out of the starting gate. Usually, I wait until it's first service pack before I jump on board.

I mean, I just purchased this rig (see specs below) November 1st, 2007 - and a sister rig for the ole lady - these should last us at least 10+ years before I have to fork out $850+ for a new complete system.

I still have a Windows ME rig that I purchased in 1998 originally with Win 98 on it with a 14 GB HD, a 1.2 GHz Intel P3 Processor with 512MB PC-100 Ram that is still humming along nicely, thanks in part to the folks at the MSFN Forums and the Windows 9x Member Projects...

http://www.msfn.org/...php?showforum=8

With various tweaks, tricks, and modifications, I have that Win ME rig basically turned into a Win XP rig, with all the trimmings.

I can see a group of people getting togther to create a Windows XP Member Project - In fact, if you think about it, there are already a few folks out there now who are doing this already...

What if Windows 7 becomes a Vista - Part 2? (in terms of sales and reputation) Then what? Microsoft will have to extend XP again, and work on the next version. In some ways, I will be ahead of the game...

I mean, Microsoft has already turned off some XP potential buyers of Win 7 due to the elimination of the "All Programs - Cascading Menus", (they should have brought the option back) which has been around since Win 95. And there is other issues, such as the new Task Bar, which may confuse folks, what is a Super Bar?, etc.

You and I know what these things are, or will want to learn more about them, but my 85 year old Aunt and Uncle will not, and because of that, this will bring back a troubling sense of "The Bad Odor of Vista" into the air, causing wide-scale damage again to Microsoft, damage that it may not recover from.

If Microsoft isn't careful, XP will be all they have left!!! Windows 7 had better be uber-mega-ultra kick-ass!

Other than some major $$$$$ hardware failure or death, the only way Microsoft will "rip XP from my cold, dead hands" is with a free upgrade to Win 7 SP1, or by some other promotional means, especially in this harsh economic climate.

Just my rant of the day,

#51 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

:yes: Indeed. That's why MS will still support Xp officially until 2014. Bcoz they do know many people and companies will still keep and use it. It's a fact. So, as i often said before, long live Xp! :D :punk:

#52 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

Every country such as America etc should have computers that run windows 7 WITH aero.

Edited by Eye Pie Rate, 19 March 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#53 Rudy

Rudy

Not a Geek...

• 70 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

I still love XP ;)

#54 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

Wellm unfortunately, win 7 aero doesn't work (disabled at default) for me.

#55 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:34 AM

Every country such as America etc should have computers that run windows 7 WITH aero.

Why just say, every computer?

Edited by Syzygy, 20 March 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#56 Manish

Manish

New WinMatrixian

• 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

I m also using windows xp and its best for me.

#57 Frizkie

Frizkie

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

Meh. Unfortunately Microsoft can kiss my sorry ass when it comes to Vista and Seven. Until they make an OS without all that fancy unneeded eye candy and bloatware, I'm NOT switching. (Unless... Windows XP 2?) :D

#58 Som

Som

Som

• 448 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

Meh. Unfortunately Microsoft can kiss my sorry ass when it comes to Vista and Seven. Until they make an OS without all that fancy unneeded eye candy and bloatware, I'm NOT switching. (Unless... Windows XP 2?) :D

why don't ya just use DOS then, jeez!

#59 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:08 AM

Long Live Xp! 1000X

#60 USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,787 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:00 AM

XP will be dead after the release of 7.

7 can be shrunked, run on netbooks, and has better features than XP. Whats the point of keeping it alive?

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!