17 replies to this topic

#1 lareeth

lareeth

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,166 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:43 PM

If you just have the disk files and not a bootable image then follow this guide

Download the Windows Automated Installation for Windows 7 from Here

The WAIK includes a tool for creating bootable images from just the files of the Windows 7 Disk

Copy the file oscdimg.exe from the WAIK disk into your system32 directory

The files must include the etfsboot.com file in the boot directory of the Windows 7 files or this will not work

Run the following command changing the locations to where your files are

oscdimg -bC:\7048\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -l7048_x64_Ultimate_EN_DVD C:\7048\ C:\7048_x64_Ultimate_EN_DVD.iso

Red = Location of etfsboot.com
Green = Disk Name
Orange = Location of disk files
Purple = Location and file name of ISO

The file created will be a UDF format ISO file

Burn the ISO to disk and reboot making sure your pc is set to boot from disk

Start install

I have also attached the oscdimg.exe file if you don't want to download the WAIK

Attached Files

#2 barzini

barzini

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

I know this topic is a few months old, but I just had to post to give a massive THANK YOU to Lareeth... I received my student discount download of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit today, but it came simply as a compressed file which then extracted the contents of the disc, so I had no way of running a "custom install" from boot. I downloaded OSCDIMG, followed this guide, and it worked perfectly to make a bootable ISO! I burnt it to DVD and I now have my own bootable DVD for Win7 - thanks a lot!

#3 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:31 PM

LOL.

All legit sources will come as an ISO.

But hey, pirates need love too :P

#4 Eejit

Eejit

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

LOL.

All legit sources will come as an ISO.

But hey, pirates need love too :P

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
I also have just downloaded my LEGIT student discount download of Windows 7 Professional 64bit and it uses a Microsoft download manager.
This in turn downloads 3 files, Win7-P-Retail-en-us-x64.exe and two files with a BOX extension.
When run, the setup extracts the normal files from the BOX files and creates a new folder to store them called 'expandedSetup'.

I am a little suprised by the exe name as it's supposed to be an upgrade version. There is no ISO in sight.

But hey, people that spout garbage need love too :whistle:

Edited by Eejit, 22 October 2009 - 07:07 PM.

#5 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:18 PM

You run the exe and it downloads and extracts an ISO.

Wow, complicated.

I will even be nice enough to download it again, with screenshots, and teach you how to use it.

Edited by adrynalyne, 22 October 2009 - 07:27 PM.

#6 Eejit

Eejit

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:27 PM

You run the exe and it downloads and extracts an ISO.

Wow, complicated.

No it doesn't. How do you think I came up with the name 'expandedSetup' for the folder that's created.
I did run the exe, it did download, but not an ISO.

When run, the Win7-P-Retail-en-us-x64.exe extracts the normal files from the BOX files and creates a new folder to store them called 'expandedSetup'.

Before this turns into a full out flame war, I'm talking about the UK version of the student discount download of Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Edited by Eejit, 22 October 2009 - 07:33 PM.

#7 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

I will show you once its done downloading.

#8 maxmaister

maxmaister

WinMatrixian

• 72 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

1) First of all, I suggest Installing from USB, you don't need an iso for that
( just NTFS format a flash drive, copy the files, and boot from it, install will also be much faster)

2) There is a much simpler way! you can download and install vLite 1.1.6 and than 1.2 on top of it, it's only a couple of MB to download (instead of the ~2GB WAIK), and an easier solution.
than create the ISO using vLite - it's simple and graphical - no need for commands.

#9 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

http://img11.imagesh...d=capturevr.png

Show me otherwise if you are going to call what I say garbage.

http://store.microso...m/Help/ISO-Tool

Edited by adrynalyne, 22 October 2009 - 08:31 PM.

#10 Eejit

Eejit

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

http://img11.imagesh...d=capturevr.png

Show me otherwise if you are going to call what I say garbage.

http://store.microso...m/Help/ISO-Tool

In an attempt to refrain from fanning the flames, it would appear that we are BOTH correct.
You are downloading the US version, and I the UK. It would appear that these two versions are different.

I do not(now ;) ) dispute the fact that YOUR version does indeed download an ISO. Although I have no proof at the moment, please accept that the UK version does NOT produce an ISO. You calling barzini, and so myself, a pirate was like waving a red flag at a bull. :)

Download speeds are incredibly slow at the moment, but I will endeavour to produce a simular slideshow as yourself. I attempted to attach the download manager that is available for us in the UK but it is too large.

I call a truce :yes:

Regards
Eejit

#11 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

Fair enough.

#12 Jawadkho

Jawadkho

ʝѧшѧםҜҥѻ

• 120 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Thank you! You explained it perfectly what each line does and it was the only one that I have got to work for me there are many on the internet but not one that I found explained it and none worked for me.

Great post!

#13 barzini

barzini

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 01:26 PM

Adrynalyne you need to shut the hell up already. The UK Student discount windows 7 site downloads an .exe and two compressed files. When you run the .exe it unpacks everything to a folder "ExpandedSetup" which is essentially the disk. Also, you are wrong that all Microsoft downloads in general come as an .ISO - the Microsoft Store itself (not the student re-seller) gives you a choice of ISO or compressed files, in the UK at least. How about you keep your uninformed opinions to yourself in the future and don't randomly label people "pirates" just because you're a know-nothing tool. Douchebags like you are pathetic, go kill yourself.

Edited by barzini, 24 October 2009 - 02:11 PM.

#14 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

assumists are really irritating, just because they use inductive reasoning doesn't mean they are right.

#15 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

For the last two posters, we already established the crap you are complaining about. I hope neither of you actually have jobs requiring reading, because you both suck at it.

Side note: This thread was started well before student copies were released. So in the beginning, it was to serve piraters.

#16 barzini

barzini

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

For the last two posters, we already established the crap you are complaining about. I hope neither of you actually have jobs requiring reading, because you both suck at it.

Side note: This thread was started well before student copies were released. So in the beginning, it was to serve piraters.

Actually it's YOU who can't read properly, because if you paid more attention you'd see I was the one who originally posted the reply in this thread that led you to label me a "pirate"... you f**king tool... go f**k yourself.

#17 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Active WinMatrixian

• 903 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Oh that hurts.

Really.

Gotta wonder how you function is society when you throw temper tantrums like that.

I already accepted that student copies were being distributed as such. So I made a mistake, bfd. I didn't call anyone a pirate, but hey if the shoe fits...

If you think that justifies the language...LOL. Did mommy or daddy buy your Windows 7 for you? Because you are obviously a child.

Edited by adrynalyne, 24 October 2009 - 06:15 PM.

#18 Guest_Kane_*

Guest_Kane_*

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:15 AM

hahah nice work adrynalyne! :lol:

These new Winmatrixians who only have three posts and are extremely immature and ignorant really annoy me.

Even though I don't have an account ;)

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!