Snow Leopard Build 10A261 Screenshots and Videos

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 uch_haiden

uch_haiden

WinMatrixian

• 224 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

Am I lost? But I think it stated Snow Leopard is still in alpha stage that means many might change in the near release as like Seven. Which for me it started with a better performing Vista in its first stages as described by some leaks.

I still like Apple's grayish GUI compared to windows XP and Vista though.

#22 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

Am I lost? But I think it stated Snow Leopard is still in alpha stage that means many might change in the near release as like Seven. Which for me it started with a better performing Vista in its first stages as described by some leaks.

Apple is not adding anything they even stated themselves that it won't have many new features and will mainly consist of performance improvements.

#23 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Windows 7 is NOT a minor release because it has MAJOR improvements and MAJOR features.

#24 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:56 PM

[quote name='InlineSkate' date='Feb 26 2009, 11:34 AM' post='212024']
[quote name='uch_haiden' post='212023' date='Feb 26 2009, 12:30 PM']

[/quote]

Apple is not adding anything they even stated themselves that it won't have many new features and will mainly consist of performance improvements.
[/quote]

[/quote]

stop lieing. Apple has already added new features. LOL. You are even posting on a thread that has a video of one of the new features. It's funny how you guys said new Quicktimes, iTunes and Safaries aren't new apps when you guys boast about IE8 and Windows Media Player 12.

Like it or not hardcore Windows fans. Apple has done a better job with OSX than Microsoft with Vista and it will kill Windows 7 with Snow Leopard.

What's even funny, is how you keep mentioning speed improvements and stability with 7 and Leopard on PC (Hackintosh) already goes just as fast and faster with great stability. Even Tiger 10.4.11 on PC runs better than any Windows. It's sad that an OS that is hacked, not even made for regular PCs, out performs an OS built specifically for PCs.

You have to come to a point, when you stop defending your favored OS and see the truth. Sadly for Windows hardcore lovers, Apple's OSX defeats Windows in every way. And if Windows users want to power up their Windows 7 and show Mac users it's power, all Mac users have to do is power up bootcamp and load Windows 7 and show the same power and more by powering up OSX. Then all Windows users can do is hold their heads down, because Windows doesn't have a feature to allow them to run a true Mac OSX.

Edited by yanike, 26 February 2009 - 08:09 PM.

#25 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:34 PM

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO Yanike
I have never disagreed more.

Snow Leopard will never, repeat NEVER EVER kill windows 7. Niether will any OS in the world at this point and time.
Windows 7 is the epitome of 16 years of updating and rewriting and adding new code.

Pretty much every release of Windows has been good. With the exception of Windows ME to everyone and Windows Vista to some.

OSX on the other hand, has been lagging behind.
No matter how fast it is, it will be behind.
No matter how fast it boots/shutdowns/restarts/saves work etc etc etc IT WILL BE SECOND BEST.

The truth is, windows is a permanent thing, and seeing how much apples products cost, and the situation of the market, thier profits are going to drop this year.

Windows is the best operating system in the world.
Not because its an opinion, not because its the fastest, nor the nicest looking, but because it has the MOST PEOPLE DEVELOPING SHIT FOR IT.

Nuff said, hate or love, windows will be here to stay and number 1 for as long as it exists.

#26 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

stop lieing. Apple has already added new features. LOL. You are even posting on a thread that has a video of one of the new features. It's funny how you guys said new Quicktimes, iTunes and Safaries aren't new apps when you guys boast about IE8 and Windows Media Player 12.

Like it or not hardcore Windows fans. Apple has done a better job with OSX than Microsoft with Vista and it will kill Windows 7 with Snow Leopard.

What's even funny, is how you keep mentioning speed improvements and stability with 7 and Leopard on PC (Hackintosh) already goes just as fast and faster with great stability. Even Tiger 10.4.11 on PC runs better than any Windows. It's sad that an OS that is hacked, not even made for regular PCs, out performs an OS built specifically for PCs.

You have to come to a point, when you stop defending your favored OS and see the truth. Sadly for Windows hardcore lovers, Apple's OSX defeats Windows in every way. And if Windows users want to power up their Windows 7 and show Mac users it's power, all Mac users have to do is power up bootcamp and load Windows 7 and show the same power and more by powering up OSX. Then all Windows users can do is hold their heads down, because Windows doesn't have a feature to allow them to run a true Mac OSX.

You claimed it as a new feature lol...

A mac is a pc....

and hacking it does nothing to kill speed maybe kill features yeah but speedwise no
and stop classifying as designed for a pc because until mac's consist of hardware that a pc doesn't then its not its own class

Windows 7 outperforms Leopard already please show me benchmarks proving otherwise

Now think about it for a minute if Leopard is so great why would a mac user need the ability to boot into windows?

I've never seen a Window user needing Leopard for anything.

A PC user can easily show true power as well

How about getting Dual 4870 X2's on a Mac with a dual Core 2 Quads oh thats right you can't

How about Crysis on Mac without Windows oh yeah you can't as if mac offered a decent video card for it anyways.

What about some nice touch features oh damn you can't do that either.

Hmm those i7's and Phenom II's are getting some good reviews maybe you should buy one aww you can't do that either that just sucks.

Yes stay with your mac
and your proprietary hardware and stick your head in the sand as Windows 7 is released.
Keep being lied to with misleading advertising 300 new features my ass

Edited by InlineSkate, 26 February 2009 - 08:39 PM.

#27 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

OSX on the other hand, has been lagging behind.
No matter how fast it is, it will be behind.
No matter how fast it boots/shutdowns/restarts/saves work etc etc etc IT WILL BE SECOND BEST.

LOL! LMFAO!!!

Wow! So, no matter how better it is than Windows and how better it's productive apps are to Windows, it's behind because you can't seem to get past the dieing love you have for it and it's shiny Aero interface drawing you in? That's the biggest load of shit I have ever heard.

OSX has a lot of people developing applications for it that are even better than Windows 3rd party apps.

Also, some of the developers create free apps to allow you to run Windows apps with out Windows.

Windows is the OS that's lagging.

#28 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

"You claimed it as a new feature lol.."

You are sure a slow one. A new browser, media player, etc.. upgrade is a new feature.

Don't believe, here let Microsoft show and tell you "What's New"(Isn't IE8 just a SP to IE7):
http://www.microsoft.../whats-new.aspx

"Windows 7 outperforms Leopard already please show me benchmarks proving otherwise"

Benchmarks, wenchmarks I had them both on my PC side by side and Leopard (Hackintosh) match the speed and more. Which Hackintosh isn't even as snappy as the real thing.

"Now think about it for a minute if Leopard is so great why would a mac user need the ability to boot into windows?"

Let's see. To help Windows users move to Mac and still use the apps they are used to on Windows. Like me, when I moved to Mac again from a long time without using it and now I use Mac applications for everything now.

"I've never seen a Window user needing Leopard for anything."

Bullshit! There have been a lot of PC users that want a Mac for a lot of reasons and even try to get Hackintosh until they get the real deal. Even Windows users look into Linux for a better experience. So, cutt the crap! Also, when Mac users convert to PC, they always look for an alternative to their apps and realize that Windows doesn't have them because they are still behind on a lot of things (copying) and don't deliver on the same level quality wise that Apple delivers.

"A PC user can easily show true power as well

How about getting Dual 4870 X2's on a Mac with a dual Core 2 Quads oh thats right you can't

How about Crysis on Mac without Windows oh yeah you can't as if mac offered a decent video card for it anyways.

What about some nice touch features oh damn you can't do that either.

Hmm those i7's and Phenom II's are getting some good reviews maybe you should buy one aww you can't do that either that just sucks.

Yes stay with your mac
and your proprietary hardware and stick your head in the sand as Windows 7 is released.
Keep being lied to with misleading advertising 300 new features my ass"

There you go again with the hardware BS! Showing badass hardware to be used on a system that doesn't even use it's full power. Also, with apps that don't even deliver quality wise as well with it.

It's like get this BADASS hardware to play games! WOW! Really! Naaa, I rather get a Mac to play games and get work done as well with better quality.

Edited by yanike, 26 February 2009 - 09:22 PM.

#29 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

There you go again with the hardware BS! Showing badass hardware to be used on a system that doesn't even use it's full power. Also, with apps that don't even deliver quality wise as well with it.

It's like get this BADASS hardware to play games! WOW! Really! Naaa, I rather get a Mac to play games and get work done as well with better quality.

The average consumer isn't buying a computer to work all day...

If hardware didn't play much of a role hardware developers would be out of a job wouldn't they?

Their is not one thing a MAC can do that a Windows machine can't.

I'm sure plenty of people using a mac to do serious tasks like video editing, photoshop etc.

Will find a mac using its power to the fullest quite quickly.

In a Rendering test between a Windows Machine with 4 cores and a mac with 2 cores the Windows machine will outperform the mac.

Hardware plays a huge role stop ignoring that

#30 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

The average consumer isn't buying a computer to work all day...

If hardware didn't play much of a role hardware developers would be out of a job wouldn't they?

Their is not one thing a MAC can do that a Windows machine can't.

I'm sure plenty of people using a mac to do serious tasks like video editing, photoshop etc.

Will find a mac using its power to the fullest quite quickly.

In a Rendering test between a Windows Machine with 4 cores and a mac with 2 cores the Windows machine will outperform the mac.

Hardware plays a huge role stop ignoring that

I'm sorry to bust your bubble, but Macs are the only Machines that can do what Mac OSX and Windows can do. PCs are the only machines that can't do what Macs can do and that's the truth and you will be lying if you say other wise.

Yes! Hardware plays a big part, but Macs can be upgrade to be very power and use it's power to it's full degree. Windows machines can't do the same. Why? Because the Windows OS isn't built to tap into that specific 3rd party hardware fully like Macs are with their OS.

Like I stated before, even with my current hardware, Hackintosh uses it better than Windows ever has.

#31 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

I'm sorry to bust your bubble, but Macs are the only Machines that can do what Mac OSX and Windows can do. PCs are the only machines that can't do what Macs can do and that's the truth and you will be lying if you say other wise.

Yes! Hardware plays a big part, but Macs can be upgrade to be very power and use it's power to it's full degree. Windows machines can't do the same. Why? Because the Windows OS isn't built to tap into that specific 3rd party hardware fully like Macs are with their OS.

Like I stated before, even with my current hardware, Hackintosh uses it better than Windows ever has.

So thats Microsofts fault for Apple being proprietary pricks?

I'd have to disagree on them running well on low end machines as well we have g3 or g4 idk emac's at our school and they run like garbage even with Tiger

#32 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

I'd have to disagree on them running well on low end machines as well we have g3 or g4 idk emac's at our school and they run like garbage even with Tiger

Sorry, about your schools g3 and g4, but at least they can run Tiger. Some of the old PCs can't even run Vista. Like I stated in another post about an old g4 running Leopard. Also, G3 and G4 are very old technologies. Apple has gone through G5 technologies and now Intel Technologies with better graphics.

Apple isn't being a prick. They just won't ship junk and have other companies creating their Machines, giving millions of their users completely different experiences.

I do take my hat off to Microsoft for doing their best at Making Windows run on any machine created on different parts of the Earth, still Linux does that. I think Microsoft needs to make their own Machines for their OS. This will get rid of the computers that ship new with out dated hardware that doesn't support the full Aero experience and more.

Edited by yanike, 26 February 2009 - 10:07 PM.

#33 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

Sorry, about your schools g3 and g4, but at least they can run Tiger. Some of the old PCs can't even run Vista. Like I stated in another post about an old g4 running Leopard. Also, G3 and G4 are very old technologies. Apple has gone through G5 technologies and now Intel Technologies with better graphics.

Apple isn't being a prick. They just won't ship junk and have other companies creating their Machines, giving millions of their users completely different experiences.

I do take my hat off to Microsoft for doing their best at Making Windows run on any machine created on different parts of the Earth, still Linux does that. I think Microsoft needs to make their own Machines for their OS. This will get rid of the computers that ship new with out dated hardware that doesn't support the full Aero experience and more.

Problem with that is the legal system would not allow them to.

Acer, Dell, Hp, etc would call foul

#34 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:48 AM

Problem with that is the legal system would not allow them to.

Acer, Dell, Hp, etc would call foul

I was just about to post that but I had to leave and make runs. Yeah, if Microsoft made their own Machines, other hardware makers will go bankrupt. Still, it will be better for PC land. Making every person's computer work the same and give the same experience.

If you really look at it, Dell, Acer, HP/Compaq and others are just Distros of Microsoft's OS. They all, provide the OS on their systems, but will their own specific hardware, drivers and applications that make the OS run different. They are just corporate Distros of Windows.

Edited by yanike, 27 February 2009 - 02:04 AM.

#35 Genius314

Genius314

WinMatrixian

• 192 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:38 AM

Making every person's computer work the same and give the same experience.

I believe that's called fascism... :P

Seriously, though, I don't want Microsoft owning the other half of the computer industry. I like to build my own computers, not just buy some cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all PC. I want to define for myself what a "good" computer is, and couldn't care less about whether or not the person next to me is having the same "experience" on their computer.

#36 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:37 AM

WTF

Yanike.
What can macs do that pc's can't?
The Dock?
Yes it can, with third party apps.

No matter what you can do on a mac, you can do it on windows, because PEOPLE DEVELOP SHIT FOR IT.

#37 Frank2d

Frank2d

Elite WinMatrixian

• 205 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

WTF

Yanike.
What can macs do that pc's can't?
The Dock?
Yes it can, with third party apps.

No matter what you can do on a mac, you can do it on windows, because PEOPLE DEVELOP SHIT FOR IT.

Yep

#38 rock831983

rock831983

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

Leopard haven't stressed much changes in user interface. Thats why its very difficult to notice difference and new features in screenshots. But you will once you start using it. Also apple have stressed that the changes will be "with in" and not eye candy changes like Vista or 7 is to XP. Windows changes are easily noticeable since XP cause of aero and changes in GUI in Vista and Windows 7.
Whatever Mac does, it does with perfection unlike windows which keeps fixing bugs until new OS releases. Obviously Macs fault is its not open much to third party applications and many games. Here windows scores over it. But coming to performance it blows Windows out of the water..even Windows 7.
Can't wait for Snow Leopard..bring it on.

#39 Neschy

Neschy

New WinMatrixian

• 49 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

"Whatever Mac does, it does with perfection unlike windows which keeps fixing bugs until new OS releases."
Hahahahaha,then why Apple has released so much versions of OSX?!
Because its fixing bugs!!!
About changes...
" apple have stressed that the changes will be "with in" and not eye candy changes"
Well,Apple needs that changes in core of the system...

#40 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

Leopard haven't stressed much changes in user interface. Thats why its very difficult to notice difference and new features in screenshots. But you will once you start using it. Also apple have stressed that the changes will be "with in" and not eye candy changes like Vista or 7 is to XP. Windows changes are easily noticeable since XP cause of aero and changes in GUI in Vista and Windows 7.
Whatever Mac does, it does with perfection unlike windows which keeps fixing bugs until new OS releases. Obviously Macs fault is its not open much to third party applications and many games. Here windows scores over it. But coming to performance it blows Windows out of the water..even Windows 7.
Can't wait for Snow Leopard..bring it on.

Apple releases just as many bug fixes as MS what the hell are you smoking

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!