• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Tiosped

Tiosped

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

Is anyone truly going to purchase Windows 7 ? Come on folks it is just Vista tweaked. Should be called Vista SP2. Microsoft only recently released Vista (relatively) and now have improved it, to charge as a new operating system just 2 years later, GIVE US A BREAK

#2 imsobored17

imsobored17

WinMatrixian

• 68 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

the super bar is a revoluntanary addition but honestly its a whole new f**king OS and a new taskbar isnt that big of a deal

microsoft should spend at least 4 years on a os i think

with SPs along the way

add some more majorfeatures instead of just a superbar

theres no way im buying a os every 2 years

Edited by imsobored17, 07 February 2009 - 10:09 PM.

#3 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

Is anyone truly going to purchase Windows 7 ? Come on folks it is just Vista tweaked. Should be called Vista SP2. Microsoft only recently released Vista (relatively) and now have improved it, to charge as a new operating system just 2 years later, GIVE US A BREAK

People paid for XP when it was released less than 2 years after Windows 2000 was released, and you can just as easily argue that Windows XP is just Windows 2000 "tweaked." The changes introduced in XP from 2000 is usability changes... that sounds a lot like two other OSes I know of...

But wait, there can't be a common pattern. It's like Windows 98 was a tweaked version of Windows 95 that offered user usability enhancements that was released 3 years after 95... Wait...

Better yet, we must not forget about Windows 98 Second Edition, which MS charged pre-existing Windows 98 users 20 bucks for bug fixes...

It's almost as if MS has this cycle. Release a new OS about every 2-3 years, with a Major release being followed by a minor release that improves upon the groundwork laid down by the major release. Do you think MS is aware of this? Naw... I doubt it.

If you don't think Windows 7 is worth the money, then don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to upgrade and nobody cares if you do or don't.

#4 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

Windows 7 is Vista SP3! I have Vista SP2 beta installed and it didn't give me the SuperBar. :P

#5 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

If you can't afford to buy it, don't buy it.
Its as simple as that.

Pirate it.

Better pirate it than not use it at all imo (if you are not getting it, ms get no money, if you pirate it, ms get no money so your in a win win situation) , that way Microsoft still gets more bug reports and shizz.

Edited by Eye Pie Rate, 07 February 2009 - 10:52 PM.

#6 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

The whole OS is different down to kernel level what do you want for it to be different?

People call it vista sp2 cause of glass I bet if they virtually gave you the same thing and made a solid looking ui people would consider it different.

#7 TheGreenMan

TheGreenMan

GreenMan

• 1,635 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

Don't forget about low system requirements, multi-touch, better kernel and boot speed improvements.

I think Windows 7 would be worth buying. :yes:

#8 henrydtv

henrydtv

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,111 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

windows 7 is gonna be very different from vista sp2
there are so many NEW features
it's NOT just an upgrade
its an entirely new os

#9 Freka

Freka

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,758 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

Windows 7 is totally different from Vista. Too bad it has problems with wireless internet right now but other than that it is much better than Vista in every aspect. The superbar wins it all for me :).

Like Eye Pie Rate said, if you can't afford it don't buy it.

Edited by Freka, 08 February 2009 - 12:31 AM.

#10 Lord Devrexster

Lord Devrexster

Hardcore Winmatrixcian

• 999 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

nope!! there has actually been changes in the kernel. Both Windows7 and Windows 2008 server R2 have ( I mean "are going to" ) have this new kernel.

#11 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

You musn't know much about Windows 7.

#12 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:23 AM

Its as simple as that.

Pirate it.

Better pirate it than not use it at all imo (if you are not getting it, ms get no money, if you pirate it, ms get no money so your in a win win situation) , that way Microsoft still gets more bug reports and shizz.

Why does every f**king thread you post in regarding purchasing of software end with you promoting piracy.

We get it. You pirate. Good for. You're not special. Tons of people do it. You'll eventually grow up and see how hypocritical it is to condone the piracy of software while expecting a pay check where you work. Nobody gives a shit about what you do on your computer, so please, stop sharing. You're not "cool."

#13 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:04 AM

Its as simple as that.

Pirate it.

Nope. That's a Win-Lose situation in both ways.

Microsoft don't get money = no windows 7.

Then that becomes a Lose-Lose situation.

Also, (Y) to the poster above.

#14 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

Its as simple as that.

Pirate it.

Why does every f**king thread you post in regarding purchasing of software end with you promoting piracy.

We get it. You pirate. Good for. You're not special. Tons of people do it. You'll eventually grow up and see how hypocritical it is to condone the piracy of software while expecting a pay check where you work. Nobody gives a shit about what you do on your computer, so please, stop sharing. You're not "cool."

You have much to learn my friend.
YES, I AM A HYPOCRITE

What you gonna do sue me?
Shit at least I know myself, I AM A HYPOCRITE, there you go again.
I don't do it to be cool, I do it to annoy little brown nosing pussies such as yourself.

So, we get it. You don't like people saying they pirate. You don't like people using thier free speech.
Lets blow things out of proportion here, YOU ARE A NAZI!

Nope. That's a Win-Lose situation in both ways.

Microsoft don't get money = no windows 7.

Then that becomes a Lose-Lose situation.

Also, (Y) to the poster above.

please, PLEASE for the love of what ever you believe in, TELL ME YOU DONT MEAN THAT!!!!????

MICROSOFT CAN NEVER RUN OUT OF MONEY PERIODE

Edited by Eye Pie Rate, 08 February 2009 - 10:27 AM.

#15 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

YES, I AM A HYPOCRITE

I don't do it to be cool, I do it to annoy little brown nosing pussies such as yourself.

So, we get it. You don't like people saying they pirate. You don't like people using thier free speech.

There you go with that free speech bullshit. Free speech doesn't exist. The only free speech protected under the constitution of the United States is political speech. You can't go outside and start screaming "shit, shit, shit, shit, shit" at the top of your lungs. You'll be arrested. You also can't try and promote criminal activity (like piracy). So, as it seems, YOU have much to learn.

And the whole "YOU ARE A NAZI" retard rhetoric just proves how much of an idiot you really are. If you think freedom of speech exists in the literal form that you can say whatever the f**k you want to say, you are an uneducated, idealistic fool. When you have nothing to combat what people say, you call them a "NAZI." It's typical idiotic 16 year old bullshit.

#16 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

Windows 7 is NOT Windows Vista just tweaked.

Posted Image

(It is Windows Vista done right.)

Edited by comedy_guy, 08 February 2009 - 03:35 PM.

#17 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

The calculator is a good example. (Y)

@Tiosped I bet you haven't even installed Windows 7 beta yet. Go give it a try. It will change your opinion.

#18 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

YES, I AM A HYPOCRITE

There you go with that free speech bullshit. Free speech doesn't exist. The only free speech protected under the constitution of the United States is political speech. You can't go outside and start screaming "shit, shit, shit, shit, shit" at the top of your lungs. You'll be arrested. You also can't try and promote criminal activity (like piracy). So, as it seems, YOU have much to learn.

And the whole "YOU ARE A NAZI" retard rhetoric just proves how much of an idiot you really are. If you think freedom of speech exists in the literal form that you can say whatever the f**k you want to say, you are an uneducated, idealistic fool. When you have nothing to combat what people say, you call them a "NAZI." It's typical idiotic 16 year old bullshit.

AHAHAHA

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

You are very good at arguing sir, too bad you are an idiot LMAOOOOOO

#19 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

AHAHAHA

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

You are very good at arguing sir, too bad you are an idiot LMAOOOOOO

Posted Image

#20 Abhi

Abhi

Geek...

• 1,113 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

You do need a BREAK...
Here's your TROPHY.

Posted Image

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!