[New Record] Mac OS X Running 200 Apps

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:59 AM

I am amazed to know that 200 different apps for mac even exits... wow.

@echo off
A:
WINWORD.exe
goto A
Until your windows shows a blue screen.

And if paint counts:
Posted Image

That paint pic is so full of win(dows)!

Yeah thats probably the reason they haven't hit 300 yet xD

#22 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:13 AM

Stress Test your Windows PC... see here...
http://www.winmatrix...showtopic=22311

#23 The Flashing Fish

The Flashing Fish

om nom nom nom

• 684 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:19 AM

http://www.tomsguide...eview-1028.html

Go google

Leopard problems you'll find quite a few posts regarding issues with leopard.

An article from when Leopard was first released. Wow... That's your justification as to why it sucks? Should I go find articles from when Vista was released to "justify" why Vista "sucks?" That wouldn't be very fair, would it? It wouldn't represent how good either OS is today?

I've never had any crashes with leopard, Time Machine works great, and in the year and 3 months I've had my MBP, I've never once had a Kernel Panic.

In the same respect, since having Vista when it was first released, I've had 1 BSOD that was caused by drivers, 1 caused by an alpha program, which isn't bad at all. I have yet to have a BSOD that was Vista's fault.

Both OS's are great, and Snow Leopard and Windows 7 will only push the envelop further. Why do pricks such as yourself and Eye Pirate have to come into a thread and shit all over it? You guys take what would otherwise be an interesting thread (at least to me) and put it down the crapper. Is it practical to run 200 apps? Naw. It was just a little interesting test that doesn't really mean anything. Don't crap your pants over it not touting the holy goodness that is supposedly MS (which it's kind of ironic that so many people support MS, because judging by many of the comments I've seen from a few people, most of the MS supporters end up just pirating Windows).

#24 darkredbbb

darkredbbb

Digital Artist

• 269 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:58 AM

Go google

An article from when Leopard was first released. Wow... That's your justification as to why it sucks? Should I go find articles from when Vista was released to "justify" why Vista "sucks?" That wouldn't be very fair, would it? It wouldn't represent how good either OS is today?

I've never had any crashes with leopard, Time Machine works great, and in the year and 3 months I've had my MBP, I've never once had a Kernel Panic.

In the same respect, since having Vista when it was first released, I've had 1 BSOD that was caused by drivers, 1 caused by an alpha program, which isn't bad at all. I have yet to have a BSOD that was Vista's fault.

Both OS's are great, and Snow Leopard and Windows 7 will only push the envelop further. Why do pricks such as yourself and Eye Pirate have to come into a thread and shit all over it? You guys take what would otherwise be an interesting thread (at least to me) and put it down the crapper. Is it practical to run 200 apps? Naw. It was just a little interesting test that doesn't really mean anything. Don't crap your pants over it not touting the holy goodness that is supposedly MS (which it's kind of ironic that so many people support MS, because judging by many of the comments I've seen from a few people, most of the MS supporters end up just pirating Windows).

+1

#25 Ammarx

Ammarx

GeneralfeldmarschallROMMEL

• 934 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:02 AM

Go google

+1

+2 :star:

#26 Ju?

Ju?

www.grandrev.com

• 86 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:01 AM

My friend's MacPro runs on 16GB of RAM, so I'm sure he can beat that.

#27 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

anyone tried windows with alot of different apps?
(try downloading and installing the freewares list and run them all, to me i cant do it)

#28 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

anyone tried windows with alot of different apps?
(try downloading and installing the freewares list and run them all, to me i cant do it)

Well, basically one program can slow down your PC alot.

It's called a Virus. :lol:

#29 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:09 PM

Go google

Yeah that was before Apple fixed problems

And Vista's were before Microsoft fixed there's which they have.

So why is it okay for him to come off and say vista sucks?

Why am I getting yelled at when someone else started it?

Edited by InlineSkate, 04 February 2009 - 01:12 PM.

#30 darkredbbb

darkredbbb

Digital Artist

• 269 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

Yeah that was before Apple fixed problems

And Vista's were before Microsoft fixed there's which they have.

So why is it okay for him to come off and say vista sucks?

Why am I getting yelled at when someone else started it?

wow seriously? lol
everyone, just stop trying to prove which OS is better.. it has really gotten pathetic. what works for you shouldn't necessarily work for everyone.

and to the ones saying "who the hell needs 200 Apps running?" well it is called a RECORD, it's just like saying "who the hell needs a 10 meters long sandwich" haha.

#31 Secured Tim

Secured Tim

Call me Tim

• 2,085 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Windows Vista Running 213 Apps :D
http://www.winmatrix...showtopic=22319

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!