• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:58 AM

I decided to install Windows 7 but kept getting an error stating:

Windows cannot copy files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070241

I tried re-downloading, re-burning, and even different burning software, but nothing worked. So, what I did was put the dvd in, and restart, and load from dvd (If you don't know how to do this, just google it).Note that this is the same dvd I got the error with. Everything was fine when I loaded the loaded the dvd from startup.

So if you get this error, nothing may be wrong with your iso image or your burning software, and just try this.

#2 ignition

ignition

Ignition or Ingnition

• 151 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

Windows cannot copy files required for installation. The files may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070241

I tried re-downloading, re-burning, and even different burning software, but nothing worked. So, what I did was put the dvd in, and restart, and load from dvd (If you don't know how to do this, just google it).Note that this is the same dvd I got the error with. Everything was fine when I loaded the loaded the dvd from startup.

So if you get this error, nothing may be wrong with your iso image or your burning software, and just try this.

how much ram u got?? i got the same problem when installing vista with less than 512mb of ram

#3 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:34 AM

how much ram u got?? i got the same problem when installing vista with less than 512mb of ram

I have exactly 512 ram. But I'm pretty sure you get a different error when you don't have enough ram.

#4 kyosan

kyosan

Active WinMatrixian

• 770 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:42 AM

In win7 DVD, use Advance Option and format your driver or use Vista to format and installing win7 again. Try it

Edited by kyosan, 29 January 2009 - 03:42 AM.

#5 InlineSkate

InlineSkate

WinMatrix Addict

• 3,182 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:47 AM

Don't burn any faster then 2x and it should work fine

#6 henrydtv

henrydtv

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,111 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

Guys don't you realize he fixed his problem himself?

#7 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Guys don't you realize he fixed his problem himself?

:lol: ...

but still thx 4 the info (i ever got the same problem, fixed)

#8 hab

hab

Active WinMatrixian

• 996 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

The reason I added this post was because I encountered this error - so I googled it to try and fix the problem but no one really found out what the problem was. So if anyone does run into this error, this solution should work.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!