• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

I have internet writing with the backdoor trick now :D

And no you don't need to place it into the Start Menu. It's already there under All Programs. For me anyway.

And no I didn't notice much of a difference but I only played for like a minute :lol:
Someone else try this with a better system that can run games and post if they notice a difference.

INTERNET EXPLORER DOESN'T WORK. You have to use Firefox/Chrome/Safari. It's bonded to explorer.exe so if that doesn't load then IE won't either.

I'll try Call of Duty 4, and see if there is an improvement.

Internet Explorer 7 is working fine on Vista, maybe its IE8, or Se7en?

Possibly I dunno.

It may lag a bit because it's starting to get slow on me :(

It's funny how the login window is sitting in the superbar :D

Press the show desktop and you can see the desktop picture, but then it goes away, when you open something.

Edited by CommonSense, 28 January 2009 - 11:16 PM.

#22 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

MSI and Apple Fanboy :D

• 622 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

From what i've seen, there is a slight improvement in loading times, and a frame rate increase (5fps). I'm thinking of creating a Installer and an application to open explorer.exe automaticly. So all you have to do is install the patch, and when you are on the logon screen, you just have to click the icon.

#23 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

From what i've seen, there is a slight improvement in loading times, and a frame rate increase (5fps). I'm thinking of creating a Installer and an application to open explorer.exe automaticly. So all you have to do is install the patch, and when you are on the logon screen, you just have to click the icon.

Good idea. Can you create another icon though? I mean if someone was blind or something how could they log into Windows :P

Seriously though, someone has to figure out how to change that damn icon. I'm guessing it's in the registry. But I wouldn't know where.

btw, IE froze on me and I can't open Task Manager any more nvm it's just IE lol :lol:

If I ended LogonUI.exe process, what would happen? Would this limited function desktop still work? f**k it. I'm gonna try it :D
^Damn, just restarts the process.

Edited by CommonSense, 28 January 2009 - 11:26 PM.

#24 henrydtv

henrydtv

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,111 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:26 PM

this is awesome!
and the fact that you can play games....AMAZING

#25 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

Just don't end winlogin.exe. That doesn't restart :lol:

It kicks you off your desktop and you have to start over <_<

Edited by CommonSense, 28 January 2009 - 11:29 PM.

#26 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

• 622 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

Seriously though, someone has to figure out how to change that damn icon. I'm guessing it's in the registry. But I wouldn't know where.

Someone on winmatrix would know... I Hope :P

If I ended LogonUI.exe process, what would happen? Would this limited function desktop still work? f**k it. I'm gonna try it :D
^Damn, just restarts the process.

LOL! :D

Just don't end winlogin.exe. That doesn't restart :lol:

It kicks you off your desktop and you have to start over <_<

lol. It would be cool to find a way to get rid of the logon, and just use the desktop. Then you could have full functionality, and because you are on the SYSTEM account, you could replace system Files!!! :woot:

#27 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

It would be cool to find a way to get rid of the logon, and just use the desktop. Then you could have full functionality, and because you are on the SYSTEM account, you could replace system Files!!! :woot:

Yeah but for some reason you're not allowed to open any Windows Explorer. I even tried "start c:\" in cmd from the start menu not utilman cmd.

It says it's not a correctly configured identity. Check the user name and password.
^Can anyone explain why? When we are SYSTEM?

Edited by CommonSense, 28 January 2009 - 11:51 PM.

#28 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Okay this doesn't work for me but:

by typing taskmgr.exe in Utilman cmd you can open the Task Manager duh
But by pressing New Task>Browse, you can open a mini-explorer

Try typing taskmgr.exe (Browse Button let's you run a mini-windows explorer), Notepad and even Explorer.exe!

http://unlockforus.b...dows-vista.html

Edited by CommonSense, 28 January 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#29 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

• 622 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

Try typing taskmgr.exe (Browse Button let's you run a mini-windows explorer), Notepad and even Explorer.exe!

Well thats a start, now we need to try and find a way to get the full explorer. I've even tried xplorer2, which is a explorer replacement. That won't load up either.

Working on the installer, just have to find a way to get it to take ownership of the file, so it can copy the file.

#30 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

Well thats a start, now we need to try and find a way to get the full explorer. I've even tried xplorer2, which is a explorer replacement. That won't load up either.

Working on the installer, just have to find a way to get it to take ownership of the file, so it can copy the file.

Couldn't you just use the cmd codes they used? And have it all cmd based? But I dunno how you're writing this.

#31 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

• 622 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

Couldn't you just use the cmd codes they used? And have it all cmd based? But I dunno how you're writing this.

I'll give it a shot. The only thing is that my file has already has been taken ownership of. I'll have to test it in a virtual machine.

EDIT: I was just going to use WinRAR SFX lol. I'll ask someone else to code an installer. I'll put it in first post.

Edited by MistaBishi, 29 January 2009 - 12:22 AM.

#32 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

I'll give it a shot. The only thing is that my file has already has been taken ownership of. I'll have to test it in a virtual machine.

I GOT IT! But once you hit the login screen it's manual because I don't know how to do that.
Well, half of it was copied from the website and the other half I wrote. Let me know if this works for you.

To run: right click>run as admin. Only works if Utilman is in C drive. Sorry folks.

I wrote in Windows 7. It works for me. You can look at the code by rightclicking and hitting edit.

Also, I put in pauses between each line so that I could check what was happening. Once again. ONLY WORKS IF UTILMAN IS IN C:\

I removed the attachment because it is included in the Auto_Patcher in the first post.

Edited by CommonSense, 29 January 2009 - 02:24 AM.

#33 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

• 622 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

I GOT IT! But once you hit the login screen it's manual because I don't know how to do that.
Well, half of it was copied from the website and the other half I wrote. Let me know if this works for you.

To run: right click>run as admin. Only works if Utilman is in C drive. Sorry folks.

I wrote in 7. It works for me. You can look at the code by rightclicking and hitting edit.

Also, I put in pauses between each line so that I could check what was happening. Once again. ONLY WORKS IF UTILMAN IS IN C:\!

Thanks!!! Could i modify it, so when you hit the logon screen, you click the icon, and it automaticly opens explorer.exe?

Installer has been created. Download on Post #1.

Edited by MistaBishi, 29 January 2009 - 02:22 AM.

#34 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Go right ahead man! I was gonna do that but I didn't know how. Can you send me a PM on how to do that? ...for future reference of course :D

Edited by CommonSense, 29 January 2009 - 12:40 AM.

#35 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

• 622 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

Go right ahead man! I was gonna do that but I didn't know how. Can you send me a PM on how to do that? ...for future reference of course :D

Thanks! And i'll PM it to you once i've created the installer. :woot:

#36 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:35 AM

Update:
We (MitsaBishi and me) are working on this to be automated. We have an Installer and an Uninstaller. We are in the process of finishing this :)

#37 MaximusAxis

MaximusAxis

The Greatest Form of Complexity is Simplicity

• 484 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:43 AM

What does this hack really do? I mean I could just login to do all those things.

#38 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

• 622 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:06 AM

What does this hack really do? I mean I could just login to do all those things.

Read the updated description. And you can play games on it, and you don't have to wait for your pc to login. Its just for fun really

#39 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

To uninstall, run Uninstaller Backdoor Vista Login.bat, located on the desktop. You may move the uninstaller off your desktop to a place of your choice.

Depends on where you downloaded the installer because it extracts to the directory it's in. Besides that one wording issue, it's good :)

For those that are wondering: the pauses are supposed to be in there. It's for you to make sure there are no errors.

Edited by CommonSense, 29 January 2009 - 02:15 AM.

#40 MistaBishi

MistaBishi

• 622 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:13 AM

To uninstall, run Uninstaller Backdoor Vista Login.bat, located on the desktop. You may move the uninstaller off your desktop to a place of your choice.

Depends on where you downloaded the installer because it extracts to the directory it's in. Besides that one wording issue, it's good :)

For those that are wondering: the pauses are supposed to be in there. It's for you to make sure there are no errors.

Thanks for telling me that, I'll update the first post.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!