Screenshots please!

Also, is this OS Linux-based?

#22 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:14 AM

no screenies yet, and as he said in the prior thread, no, it is NOT linux baised.

#23 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

Its not anything based.
Its a new os.
New kernel, new everything.

#24 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

We have been reading about your OS since long. Don't we deserve even a screenshot?

#25 GentlemanG3ZZY

GentlemanG3ZZY

New WinMatrixian

• 33 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

Its not anything based.
Its a new os.
New kernel, new everything.

I like the sound of that. Something fresh and clean and just brand spankin' new. B)

#26 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

We have been reading about your OS since long. Don't we deserve even a screenshot?

while you have a point, a secret is not a secret if you show it. but yes, your right. all hype and no recent (last few days or a week) shot tends to make people think of vaporware.

#27 yanike

yanike

I am YM. If you don't know me, you will.

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

while you have a point, a secret is not a secret if you show it. but yes, your right. all hype and no recent (last few days or a week) shot tends to make people think of vaporware.

I will provide a screen shot when I feel it's time for one. I've posted previous screenshots of the old OS before. Two to be exact. It's not like I haven't posted anything for you all.

Before any screen shot will be shown, it will be copyrighted first. When I send it off to the government and get that safe letter back, like I have before in the past, you all will get screenshots and videos.

Don't count on anything soon.

Also, my next screen shots and videos will show softwares on the system, instead of just the desktop like before. Also, I will show how some features work. Villain, you are going to love the StarApps feature :)

Edited by yanike, 17 January 2009 - 08:12 PM.

#28 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Good Luck!

P.S

That Obama calander looks very familiar.....
Posted Image

#29 Gragier_521

Gragier_521

WinMatrixer

• 1,785 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

Before any screen shot will be shown, it will be copyrighted first. When I send it off to the government and get that safe letter back, like I have before in the past, you all will get screenshots and videos.

Seriously? :D

#30 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:24 AM

This is better abreviated as YwOS
YeoWorks sounds like a factory

#31 pauldacheez

pauldacheez

Derp.

• 305 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:25 AM

Part of me's hoping that it's Darwin-based and Yanike's trying to hide it. Another's hoping the opposite. Yet another plans my demise...

#32 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:25 AM

I will provide a screen shot when I feel it's time for one. I've posted previous screenshots of the old OS before. Two to be exact. It's not like I haven't posted anything for you all.

Also, my next screen shots and videos will show softwares on the system, instead of just the desktop like before. Also, I will show how some features work. Villain, you are going to love the StarApps feature :)

StarApps? sounds interesting? and if your waiting on © to pass, i have no idea how long that takes.

#33 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:59 AM

Part of me's hoping that it's Darwin-based and Yanike's trying to hide it. Another's hoping the opposite. Yet another plans my demise...

It's not based on Darwin. Apple can keep that for the Macs.

#34 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:15 AM

StarApps? sounds interesting? and if your waiting on © to pass, i have no idea how long that takes.

Not that long at all. Around $40 to copyright and 6 months to get the stamped copyright paper. I also can do a poor-mans copyright which only takes a day or two (which lots of people don't know how to do. Villain, you need to do this for your projects, just incase people try to take them like your wordpad app).

#35 Afzal

Afzal

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,668 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

(which lots of people don't know how to do)

tell us tell us

and YeoWorks has been amazing, but i haven't been following lately. Will window's apps work on it? will it have support for DirectX n stuff...what about the drivers??

keep workin bro :)

#36 Eye Pie Rate

Eye Pie Rate

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,180 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

Ofcorse exe's WONT work, its not based off window

#37 JohnnyV1500

JohnnyV1500

Active WinMatrixian

• 487 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

LMFAO at that picture eye pie LMFAO

#38 xm4r5h4llx

xm4r5h4llx

New WinMatrixian

• 35 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

Maybe this is just me, but I have been following this potential vaporware OS in the hopes of giving it a try or seeing some progress...

But in the past several months all I have seen are a couple low quality screenshots that don't show much of anything and a whole lot of talk.

You havent been clear about what will separate your OS from the others out there...
I havent seen any information about what programs you will be bundling with it...
no information about what systems can support it...

give us something to work with here... idk... a file browser... a web browser... a word processor... chat client... something other than a bulky and in my opinion poorly designed taskbar...

Once again... just my opinion...

#39 gergux

gergux

Pirate = Noob Human

• 363 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

Maybe this is just me, but I have been following this potential vaporware OS in the hopes of giving it a try or seeing some progress...

But in the past several months all I have seen are a couple low quality screenshots that don't show much of anything and a whole lot of talk.

You havent been clear about what will separate your OS from the others out there...
I havent seen any information about what programs you will be bundling with it...

give us something to work with here... idk... a file browser... a web browser... a word processor... chat client... something other than a bulky and in my opinion poorly designed taskbar...

I Agree.... I rather see and read nothing at all on this topic until some hard evidence of it being "real"... To much talk and asking people what they want in an os..... If you don't know by now "2009" what people want in an OS then maybe you should leave it up to the big boys...

#40 yanike

yanike

• Global Moderator
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

I've given plenty info on the OS project, so read it again. Online Walls, Shortcut terminal type, built-in multi-touch gestures and more. I even written out some examples on how the shortcut terminal commands were going to work. Don't give me that when I have been releasing info and given screenshots. How can it be vaporware when I show you the OS. Every screen shot was of the actual OS and not some crazy photoshop what I planned on creating.

Something to work with?..... Web browser = Domicile (search it, you will see what it looked like in early development when I was creating it on Windows with some help from Mr. Kimble) .... Word Processor = Will be created from a company I will be paying which I'm not mentioning at the moment.... Chat Client = Will be built inside of Domicile... File Manager I did mention, but I didn't say it's name. At first it was called Voyager, but that name is already taken and I have to call it something different.

The bar at the bottom, which isn't known as the taskbar in my OS, is still in development. I was still trying out designs and seeing what worked. Also, remember I'm no longer working on the Unix platform. So, the look has completely changed and for the better.

Calling what I'm doing "Vaporware" is insulting, because I'm actually creating it and showing actual screen shots of the progress. Some information I really didn't have to give. Especially the name of the OS, which I wanted kept secret for sometime until it's release, but I gave it so you all can put a name to my OS instead of calling it Yanike's Operating System. Now, I really see why Apple stays hush hush about things. Giving people an inside scoop sometimes does make things bad. I really can do without the insults and bashing while creating this OS. I only wanted to give an heads up and proof that it was actually being created and that's it.

If you want more proof about me getting an office suite built, type "yanike operating system office" in google search. You will see conversations made public dated back to August last year when I was still working on the distro, which I turned into my own OS later on by stripping it down and now decided to scratch it and work on this final base which I working on now.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!