windows 7 bug

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Som

Som

Som

• 448 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

i find myself having a rebuild the WMP12 library, so far its the only serious thing im having a problem with, i preferred WMP11 ...

#42 zuhaib

zuhaib

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

I think this might be a bug with Desktop background slideshow .. when u delete/rename a wallpaper you can change wallpaper by clicking Next Desktop background from the desktop context menu .

http://www.zuhaib.in...sktop-slideshow

#43 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

the background slide show sometimes just stops and reverts to a normal wallpaper

#44 silvio

silvio

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:30 PM

DNS bug with updates 963660 and 967062.

After installing these updates, which are deemed "Important" by windows update, the DNS resolution stopped working for programs using windows resolver, that is 99% programs.

Nslookup invoked directly worked allright, as did the network connectivity, checked by pinging a couple of local and remote hosts by ip, tracerouting to couple of different ones and trying to work with ip addresses in browsers and other programs. If using names, the programs stalled unable to resolve, tried many programs, including ping, Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Windows Update itself, IE8, Flashget. Given DNS names nothing worked, but using ip addresses worked flawlessly.

After restarting the computer a couple of times, as well as disabling/enabling the network interfaces, doing "ipconfig /flushdns" and stopping/restarting the DNSCache service, decided to uninstall the last updates.

After uninstalling both updates everything works fine, DNS resolution working with or without DNSCache running and overall same as was before installing them.

By the way, another strange thing is that the computer restarted BY ITSELF after being asked to postpone for 4 hours. The notification popped up asking whether to restart or postpone, and after asking to postpone for 4 hours, probably after 4 hours (not sure when, wasn't nearby) the computer restarted by itself, although there were quite a couple of programs open and even some unsaved documents. This is very surprising and disappointing behavior.

Summary: at least one or both of the "Important" updates cause a HUGE dns problem, and windows update doesn't ask the user to restart the computer...

ps reposted in jcxp

#45 silvio

silvio

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

AAArgh...

After uninstalling the updates, left the computer open, with the user logged in and a lot of programs open again.
Windows update decided (!) to reinstall the problematic updates by itself (although it's set up to only notify and not install) and restarted the computer again.
Many programs after restart complained that they were not shut down correctly (google Chrome for example)....

So, after restart, of course, DNS resolution didn't work.
Uninstalled the update 967062 only, and it's fixed now (so, able to post here)..

1) WHY THE HELL did windows reinstall the update after explicitly uninstalled it and never agreed to install it ?
2) WHY THE HELL did windows restart computer again without asking the user, closing open programs and documents ?!

grrr.....

#46 eduardoeltortuga

eduardoeltortuga

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

I recently lost my home networking ability. Everything was fine for a month and then Win 7 stopped recognizing my other computers on the MSHOME network. I think this is related to the previous post. I tried reinstalling the OS and the network drivers but it did no good :(

Edited by eduardoeltortuga, 27 February 2009 - 11:47 PM.

#47 coldemone

coldemone

Sleeping Winmatrixian

• 2,029 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:33 AM

Sometimes the whole screen of 7 freezes and weirdly the explorer in the superbar can be glowed, Sidebar can be controlled. I assume it's a bug.

7 Sound device doesn't work but i guess that's drivers only.

#48 Windows 7 pro

Windows 7 pro

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

WinMatrix Dear users,

I got to the startup of Windows 7, the following error

LBTWiz.exe - System Error

The program can not start because KemWnd.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

best regards,

Command

#49 fediaFedia

fediaFedia

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

WinMatrix Dear users,

The program can not start because KemWnd.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

best regards,

Command

Maybe some malware caused this, I'd do a windows repair. And if you have dualboot you can boot to the 2nd OS and try to copy that file (KemWnd.dll) back to the system.

#50 Laguna

Laguna

Active WinMatrixian

• 830 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

I have found a bug in the start menu. When you have 'Devices' and 'Admin Tools' set to display on the side, the start menu shrinks sideways when you click to browse All Programs, and leaves you with a mess with the GUI...

Posted Image

I actually found a lot of bugs, and some of them seem to be Seven specific. One of the first ones in integration with WinRAR...
here's a shot.

Posted Image

:woot:
OMG!!! :lol:
I had that WinRAR problem too. I posted it somewhere in the forum...

Well, when I used 7 (for months!!) I had a problem with my wireless connection. It was always disconnecting from times to times. To resolve I had to reset my wireless card every time it disconnects. --'

Winamp 5 had a lot of problems with Win7. Error loading Modern Skins.. Error loading Classic Skins... Error installing cPro.

Also, lots of crashes, sound problems, etc, etc... After the release of Beta I quit Win7. I have RC in my hard drive waiting... B)

Edited by Laguna, 06 May 2009 - 09:49 AM.

#51 Windows 7 pro

Windows 7 pro

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

WinMatrix Dear users,

best regards,

Command

Maybe some malware caused this, I'd do a windows repair. And if you have dualboot you can boot to the 2nd OS and try to copy that file (KemWnd.dll) back to the system.

Okay thanks for the quick answers to me question will agree to try me so system has 10 minutes without antivirus turned that might cause

#52 Shikiouji

Shikiouji

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

this'll be my first bug report ever, so..i hope it counts as a bug..

Bug 1 -first one i encountered is when emptying my trash bin i don't get a confirmation for removing the files. but the moment the i open up any folder the confirmation pops up right behind the folder window. im not sure but it could be related to OP's bug. im not entirely sure if its because when i mass minimize (show desktop button on the bottom right), it makes every window (including notifications pop-up) minimized by default. but if anything all the other OSs that ive used didnt have this problem. right after i click show desktop, it should allow me to confirm emptying a trash bin with having to maximize/open up a window.

Bug 2 - i have 3, 500 gig HDDs on in my pc. my primary one is partitioned 3 ways and the other 2 are kept as internals. i made shortcuts on the desktop that lead to each drive and partition for easy file and media management. anyways to the bug..when you click drag a file to the shortcut, its suppose to create a copy in the designated drive and leave the "original" copy on the desktop unmoved. but whenever i do it, it moves the file directly under the shortcut as if i missed the shortcut(i hope this is making sense), and messes up my desktop layout abit. but the copy was still made in the shortcut. if this makes a difference in anyways the bug occurs when dragging into primary drive partitions and other internal HDDs

Edited by Shikiouji, 19 May 2009 - 04:09 PM.

#53 Gideon

Gideon

WinMatrixian

• 111 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

HELP

when i try to open my network hard disk. (Grab 'N Go network hard drive) it keeps giving me an error

Posted Image

Does anyone know how to solve this, or what error code 1028 Means???!?

I am in the right workgroup, joined the same network (hard to be in another one btw)

HELP PLEASE

#54 FalseAgent

FalseAgent

your average joe (tm)

• Elites
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

HELP

when i try to open my network hard disk. (Grab 'N Go network hard drive) it keeps giving me an error

Does anyone know how to solve this, or what error code 1028 Means???!?

I am in the right workgroup, joined the same network (hard to be in another one btw)

HELP PLEASE

epic bump, but since you said please. :D

I'm thinking one of the PC's you're connection to/from has firewall. Disable it.

#55 Webtrance

Webtrance

WinMatrixian

• 180 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:05 AM

I just downloaded the correct Win7 beta driver for my Creative sound board which did the trick. Other than that, it runs smooth for me.

Edited by Webtrance, 25 May 2009 - 06:29 AM.

#56 DarkMist

DarkMist

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

Broadcom wireless failing in Windows 7 RC 64bit
Works fine in Ubuntu..64bit

Ive not had this problem with previous builds of windows 7.. its either a Release client bug or some update that happened recently. When the computer first comes up the wireless seems to be working normaly. Suddenly it stops fuctioning. No wireless networks show, but the light showing that the internal wireless is on is lit. It takes rebooting to get it back. I've even gone as far as removing the adapter and letting windows reinstall it with no luck. I can load it up in ubuntu and the intermitten problem is fixed. Ive heard its possible its the power saving features but I ruled that out already. I found somewhere that its a possible windows update error but I'm not sure which one it is. I'm trying to avoid having to purchase a USB wireless to fix a problem thats probably going to be repaired later.

Compaq Presario F572US
Windows 7 Build 7100 64 bit
Broadcom Wireless 802.11g

Leave a post if you need more information

Edited by DarkMist, 26 May 2009 - 03:13 PM.

#57 rnaplus

rnaplus

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:21 AM

I'm getting error 0x80070571. Something like "Hard disk is corrupt." I had screenshots but after I saved them, I cannot open them properly. Every time I boot, chkdsk requests to scan the drive. I let it scan the first time I received the msg and it supposedly identified and "fixed" many errors. The errors began after I applied some updates, but not sure which ones.

Edit: Ok, after searching some forums it seems that Acronis Disk Director (what I used to create the Windows 7 partition) is the culprit. I'm going to let Windows 7 setup do all the work this time.

Soooooooo...looks like it's not a windows bug. Sorry!

Edited by rnaplus, 31 May 2009 - 04:09 AM.

#58 b33ta

b33ta

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

Hi, i get this msg randomly

"You don't have permission to modify files inthis network location.

Contact the administrator per merpmission to make these changes."

when i try to save a picture. what kinda bug is that and is it possible to fix ?

Attached Files

#59 GreasyBacon

GreasyBacon

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

#60 Jacques

Jacques

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

hi all,

everytime i try to add/delete/change something in the registry i get an error.

it is in german, as i use win 7 ultimate x32 de version 6.1 build 7100.

it says" u can't create a new value, nothing can be addes into the registry"

basically the same happens when i try to delete an entry.

on my laptop i use win 7 x64 en, but i get the same response.

any ideas, please?

cheers jacques

Attached Files

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, bug