* * * * - 1 votes

Install Windows 7 with 128 or 256 Mb Ram - how to

windows 7 ram

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 Guest_Fayyaz Khattak {KHAN BHAI}_*

Guest_Fayyaz Khattak {KHAN BHAI}_*

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hey i think itz gud for poor people......
but u didnt mentioned tht how muxh processor having these two pc's...
if itz dual core or core 2 duo den ofcourse windows 7 will work fine on these pc's....
all though itz gud nd fai idea....

Hey juxt download windows 7 hardware check disabler to activate windows aero theme ok.....

#82 Guest_Ayoshi_*

Guest_Ayoshi_*

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

Hey i think itz gud for poor people......
but u didnt mentioned tht how muxh processor having these two pc's...
if itz dual core or core 2 duo den ofcourse windows 7 will work fine on these pc's....
all though itz gud nd fai idea....

Hey juxt download windows 7 hardware check disabler to activate windows aero theme ok.....

hmmm... the purpose of our experiment is not to recommend windows 7 for poor people. but to prove that in can be installed in low end computers. I also believe that if microsoft allow windows 7 to be installed in low end computer such as my old one, it will become much more impressive and may put XP totally phased out.

thanks for the suggestion but I already formatted my old slow computer back to windows XP. and my processor is an old Intel Pentium 4. :lol:

#83 Guest_James_*

Guest_James_*

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

Ok, but the question is... Why would you want to?

Those days are long gone... Nobody should be running Windows (XP, Vista, 7) with less than 2 Gigs unless you want to thrash the hell out of your HDD....

MONG!!! Im running xp on my laptop with 256mb of ram and it runs PERFECT!!!! and i use a pc with 6 gig of ram in comparison its really not bad!

#84 Guest_philipp_*

Guest_philipp_*

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

You sold them? :blink:

I hope you put a big expiration date on those computers (they need it anyway). :lol:

Does the Windows 7 beta expire?
Yes, on 1st August. This from the EULA:
"This software will stop running on August 1, 2009. You may not receive any other notice. You may not be able to access data used with the software when it stops running."

By the way, which XML file do you edit to bypass the RAM restriction?
What do you replace or change in that XML file?

Hi,

A patched winsetup.dll causes the setup to bypass the memory check; it is possible to install Win7 on a computer with as little as 256 MB!

If you are interested, just try the patched file. I installed Win7 on such a low end machine, and although it is a little slow, it really works!

Here is the patched file: Unfortunately it is not possible to attach the file, so let me know if you like to have it sent to you.

Greetz,

Paulus

I want to have these patched file.

philipp

#85 tonique

tonique

New WinMatrixian

• 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

i accept win7 is light os but 128 256 is enought. unbliveable.

#86 flanco

flanco

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

I hope you put a big expiration date on those computers (they need it anyway). :lol:

"This software will stop running on August 1, 2009. You may not receive any other notice. You may not be able to access data used with the software when it stops running."

Hi,

A patched winsetup.dll causes the setup to bypass the memory check; it is possible to install Win7 on a computer with as little as 256 MB!

If you are interested, just try the patched file. I installed Win7 on such a low end machine, and although it is a little slow, it really works!

Here is the patched file: Unfortunately it is not possible to attach the file, so let me know if you like to have it sent to you.

Greetz,

Paulus

I want to have these patched file.

philipp

Could someone please reupload the patced file to my email adress flanco@pobox.sk

#87 Guest_The Proud Donkey_*

Guest_The Proud Donkey_*

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi,

Greetz,

Paulus

Hi, yes I´m interested in getting that patched file, would it be possible for you to send it to me through this mail?
Thanks in advance

the.proud.donkey@gmail.com

#88 Guest_Maybe even lowerram_*

Guest_Maybe even lowerram_*

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:48 PM

Hey,

If you have win vista install dvd, you can boot that and click repai my computer, then click command prompt and replase vista dvd with win 7 dvd. Then browse to (your dvd drive):\sources. Then you can run setup, and windows 7 will setup.

Bye.

#89 Guest_abbas_*

Guest_abbas_*

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

I can't imagine why anyone would want to run Windows 7 on a computer with less than 1GB of memory. That seems absurd. Also, you are selling PCs with Windows 7 on them? That seems a bit....bogus.

why would anyone run win7 on a machine with less than 512 mb of ram?
the answer is well the person might just want to keep up with the windows world,
while still want to avoid the cost of upgrading the hardware.
so this is a very valid scenario of running win7 on a machine with less than 512 mb of ram
i got it up and running but since the default installation doesnot support the display card
i am using i am unable to view a resolution of more than 640*480 @ 16 bit depth,
hopefully i should be able to resolve this issue soon else i am stuck @ this resolution for some time
also the win32api of win7 has more features than that of xp for instance transactional file systems,
which is available only with vista or win7, and rather than try vista on my machine with a single amd cpu with 256+128-8=376 MB of ram, i have successfully installed and am using win7ul32bit
have a good day.
abv

#90 _akier_

_akier_

Coming.

• 693 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

Please oh please don't revive old topics.

#91 Guest_Anthonymc115_*

Guest_Anthonymc115_*

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:58 PM

My PC Runs Windows 7 Fine on 512mb

#92 Guest_Amit_*

Guest_Amit_*

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hi,

Greetz,

Paulus

I want patched file..... email id:: amndtec@gmail.com

#93 Guest_wolfdogg_*

Guest_wolfdogg_*

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:49 AM

Ok, but the question is... Why would you want to?

Those days are long gone... Nobody should be running Windows (XP, Vista, 7) with less than 2 Gigs unless you want to thrash the hell out of your HDD....

ill tell you why i would want to, i have a laptop that is slower than molasses, its an acer10 equivalent, and hard to find driver for it, and factory wtih 256mb memory, and 30gb hard drive. that should give you some indication of why. i run desktops, i am typing this with a 3ghz deneb quad-core with 2gb dual channel pc-800 memory, with 512mb geforce pci-16x. so im not lacking in components. i just dont want to spend an arm and a leg on a new laptop that i rarely use, and i dont want to deal with xp anymore on it, and it is simply too much to buy mroe memory. i will look into the new usb memory for it however, i havent look into wether or not that will work for what i need.

so there is good reason, i have been using this laptop for years, and i want to keep it alive. gone are the days of trashing a pc just because its a year old. theres just too many solutions out there, and win7 is one good solution to slow pc's. look at the authors intial intro, it basically speaks the same thing, runs good with low memory.

#94 Guest_Mufeed_*

Guest_Mufeed_*

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

This one really works for me as I have only 256 mb of ram, I couldn't install Windows 7. But now i have used the 2nd method and it works.

#95 Guest_Paras Singla_*

Guest_Paras Singla_*

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

How to edit XML document?
Can anyone help me.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, ram