• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Ichijoe

Ichijoe

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

Does this "Patch" work w/*.mpg files? I can run *.wmv files just fine but, *.mpg files just don't want to work. :(

I'm running VHP-x86 German OEM w/English Language Pack installed.

#42 Paultx

Paultx

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:44 PM

Does it work with Home Basic?

I think yes it does (never tried it on basic though, i only own Ultimate and Premium) :unsure:

The patch is installed, but it requires Aero to work, and Home Basic doesn't have Aero.

Users who want to experience all this can enable Aero in Vista Home Basic. Worked fine with me.

#43 tralala20

tralala20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Hello at all.

i am from Germany, and i have Vista Business in German.
If i want to install Language Pack, it says, that my max (1 Language) languages are arrived.
So the patch doesnt work, and i cant see my Wallpaper Screen anymore.

Please help me to get DreamScene work.

Thank you!!!

PS: I forgot, i have SP2 installed

Edited by tralala20, 12 July 2009 - 02:54 PM.

#44 Guest_Bogdan Zyryanov_*

Guest_Bogdan Zyryanov_*

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

So, is it Vista SP2 compatible?

#45 tralala20

tralala20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

So, is it Vista SP2 compatible?

I think no, because nobody can help me to solve this problem :(

#46 Ultimate John

Ultimate John

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,808 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

Razorblade is the only one who can make the patch compatible with SP2. PM him!

#47 AHLOT

AHLOT

SKEPTRON

• 86 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hello at all.

i am from Germany, and i have Vista Business in German.
If i want to install Language Pack, it says, that my max (1 Language) languages are arrived.
So the patch doesnt work, and i cant see my Wallpaper Screen anymore.

Please help me to get DreamScene work.

Thank you!!!

PS: I forgot, i have SP2 installed

man im using windows vista sp2 its wrking for me
just fllow the tut & u can play dreamscne on ur sp2 & i think no need to install language pack try to patch ur system

Edited by marlou edoloverio, 02 August 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#48 tralala20

tralala20

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

man im using windows vista sp2 its wrking for me
just fllow the tut & u can play dreamscne on ur sp2 & i think no need to install language pack try to patch ur system

Which Language and which Vista Version have you. Maybe it is not the SP2 Problem. Maybe i have this Problem because of Vista Language, which is in German, but i cant add a second language to my installation or i dont know how.

And i followed the tut too...

#49 aznsmartj0ck

aznsmartj0ck

New WinMatrixian

• 45 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:15 AM

I have Vista SP2, and the patch is making my CPU (Intel Centrino Duo) mHz fluctuate like crazy. Does anyone have the same problem?

#50 Guest_adnan_*

Guest_adnan_*

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:47 AM

Mine freezes when I have any program maximized for more than a few seconds. Everything else keeps working, just the video freezes and never resumes until I logoff and back on. Anyone konw how I can fix this? I have a nvidia 8800gts with vista home premium and 4GB RAM. All my drivers are up to date.

convert your video to a wmv file, and make sure it's not bigger then 3 mb when you convert if, i dont know why but the dreamscene freezes if a video is larger then 5 mb

#51 Guest_Bob_*

Guest_Bob_*

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:27 PM

My explorer.exe is freezing up whenever I try to select a video as a background. I had it installed with no service pack and now I upgraded to SP1 and installed this new hack and now it does not work. what should I do?
Thanks,

#52 Guest_Wolfi_*

Guest_Wolfi_*

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

Hey Razorblade, i love the whole idea of dreamscene and all, but i have a bunch of .dream files which i can't run with dreamscene. i am using Home Premium SP1 or SP2 and 32bit. I have tried also to change the file they open with to VLC media player, but will try WMP also, because in an older download i saw a leet video 1337 or something that worked perfectly.

#53 Liskiller

Liskiller

Super WinMatrixian

• Elites
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:07 AM

^
.dream files are for DeskScape, which is a third party animated wallpaper program.

#54 Guest_miss_angel_*

Guest_miss_angel_*

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:32 AM

My explorer.exe is freezing up whenever I try to select a video as a background. I had it installed with no service pack and now I upgraded to SP1 and installed this new hack and now it does not work. what should I do?
Thanks,

you want dreamscene stop using patch buy original OS windows ultimate that i used very well,,,,:)

#55 Valkyrie Beko

Valkyrie Beko

My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

ok i know you got this alot. but i just need some quick help here. i did this whole thing by installing that patch and what not. and i have windows vista home premium service pack 2 with aero. and i did the patch and said it installed. then i restarted but nothing at all. its as if nothing even happened O.o the file i used is attached so then you know waht one i installed in case there is a different one i should have used. thankx again

#56 Villain

Villain

An Old Geek

• Global Moderator
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

ok i know you got this alot. but i just need some quick help here. i did this whole thing by installing that patch and what not. and i have windows vista home premium service pack 2 with aero. and i did the patch and said it installed. then i restarted but nothing at all. its as if nothing even happened O.o the file i used is attached so then you know waht one i installed in case there is a different one i should have used. thankx again

Just use this. compatible with Win98SE and higher.
http://solo-dev.devi...311197#/d1h3jt1

#57 Paultx

Paultx

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

I forgot to post here the proof of my success: DreamScene rodando no Windows Vista Home Basic. That's Brazilian Portuguese for DreamScene running on Windows Vista Home Basic. Now I no longer have Vista, only Seven on all my PCs.

#58 Paultx

Paultx

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

Here at DreamScene.org they say:

Is Windows DreamSceneā„¢ available for NON-Ultimate Vista or Windows XP ?

Microsoft Windows DreamSceneā„¢ is only available on Windows Vista Ultimate. But you can use e.g. VLC to run your DreamScene video as video wallpaper on NON-Ultimate Vista, or you can use XPScene to run a DreamScene as background on Windows XP.

Edited by Paultx, 07 March 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#59 Guest_sujee_*

Guest_sujee_*

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Awesome download, thanks a lot for this, was really sad when i read Dreamscape was only for Ultimate users, made my day a lot btter :D

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!