• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 mycorrhiza

mycorrhiza

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

Mine freezes when I have any program maximized for more than a few seconds. Everything else keeps working, just the video freezes and never resumes until I logoff and back on. Anyone konw how I can fix this? I have a nvidia 8800gts with vista home premium and 4GB RAM. All my drivers are up to date.

#22 rock831983

rock831983

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:35 AM

Will this work in Vista basic?

#23 Prasad007

Prasad007

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:36 AM

I wanted Dreamscene on my install of Windows - Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. First off, I made the mistake of installing one of the old patches. I followed all instructions properly and carefully, including running the batch file as administrator. After that, I restarted and when I would right click on the desktop and click personalization, I get just this error message in the center of the personalization window - "The page failed to load.". Later, I tried the newer/newest version of the patch, but to no avail.

Please help regarding the same..

#24 Prasad007

Prasad007

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

Never mind. Problem solved. Just used Windows Restore.

#25 Adam00

Adam00

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

Mine freezes when I have any program maximized for more than a few seconds. Everything else keeps working, just the video freezes and never resumes until I logoff and back on. Anyone konw how I can fix this? I have a nvidia 8800gts with vista home premium and 4GB RAM. All my drivers are up to date.

Mine don't freeze it just goes black at times. When it does I leave it off till I'm done with my work and then go to C:\windows\web\windows dreamscene right click on the video and choose "set as desktop background".
That usually gets it going again without a reboot. I personally wish it had a way to exit it (not just pause) so that when I use CPU intense programs I could shut it off to save the memory. Anyway I hope this helps.

I wanted Dreamscene on my install of Windows - Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit. First off, I made the mistake of installing one of the old patches. I followed all instructions properly and carefully, including running the batch file as administrator. After that, I restarted and when I would right click on the desktop and click personalization, I get just this error message in the center of the personalization window - "The page failed to load.". Later, I tried the newer/newest version of the patch, but to no avail.

Please help regarding the same..

If you feel like trying again, after you do all that you mentioned above you then need to go to
C:\windows\web\windows dreamscene right click on a video and choose "set as desktop background". That should get you to where you can select backgrounds from the personalize menu. All of your videos should go in the above directory for ease of use. Also after doing the above your video "should" start right up on your desktop without having to go to the Personalize/background menu.

#26 spv36

spv36

Xoom

• 88 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

upload to RS someone as cant download from megaupload get info saying ( Please wait 2 minutes, then try your download again. ) after count down and click on download file..

#27 Syzygy

Syzygy

Zing.

• 3,470 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

upload to RS someone as cant download from megaupload get info saying ( Please wait 2 minutes, then try your download again. ) after count down and click on download file..

Mirror: http://rapidshare.co...eamScene_EN.zip

*Don't mind me, I wanted RS points so I increased it to 5MB :). And plus, If you're not in Australia your internet is probably 20x faster.

#28 spv36

spv36

Xoom

• 88 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Mirror: http://rapidshare.co...eamScene_EN.zip

*Don't mind me, I wanted RS points so I increased it to 5MB :). And plus, If you're not in Australia your internet is probably 20x faster.

Thx Syzygy.. :)
im not from Australia but from UK and on vacation in dubai.. :whistle:

Edited by spv36, 21 January 2009 - 05:32 PM.

#29 kwanch

kwanch

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:39 AM

hi
I need help about patch .I tried to load the patc. On the black dos window it says `
access denied

File not found
0 files copied
ERROR : Error opening the file. there may be a disk or file eror.

I cannot startvideos.It says `Dream is not allowed`

Can anybody help me

Thanks in advance

#30 ignition

ignition

Ignition or Ingnition

• 151 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:58 AM

First of all excuse me from being such a noob on dreamscenes

well i downloaded the file, i click the install.bat

then the restart.bat or something like that. i forgot what is called

then the explorer restarted, then what??

what should i supposed to do after that??

help, i am using vista home premium

#31 Dragonxx

Dragonxx

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

Hi, can you send me a language pack for spanish version to xorax543@hotmail.com or a link to it I'll check it

Thank you.

#32 windows_fan

windows_fan

My First Post!

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

Thanks, this is awesome! I have windows vista 32-bit home premium and this works great. Follow the readme and it works like a whistle! I've now been spending a whole moring getting my backgrounds! Click here for some good ones! Many credits to who ever made this! :D

#33 PurplePeopleEater

PurplePeopleEater

I'm an Android fanboy sue me

• 4,090 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:28 PM

Wow this is cool, isn't dreamscene in Seven beta to?

I wish I had vista

#34 SharmanNet

SharmanNet

Super WinMatrixian

• 1,543 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

Wow this is cool, isn't dreamscene in Seven beta to?

Nope. :P

#35 DeltaCommando5

DeltaCommando5

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Not working for me. There's no "set as desktop background" in my drop down menu and the desktop background window is limited to only images, not vids. I followed the readme and installed and restarted. I want this so badly!

P.S. I'm running Vista HP x64

Edited by DeltaCommando5, 08 March 2009 - 11:25 AM.

#36 DeltaCommando5

DeltaCommando5

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

NM got it to work. I had to manually copy/paste the .dll into system32

Thanks!

#37 Kitsune-Sama

Kitsune-Sama

New WinMatrixian

• 15 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for the work on this, it works splendidly! Kudos Sir! =D

#38 Paultx

Paultx

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Does it work with Home Basic?

#39 AMIRZ

AMIRZ

Loyal Member and Friend

• 2,033 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:29 PM

I think yes it does (never tried it on basic though, i only own Ultimate and Premium) :unsure:

#40 Paultx

Paultx

New WinMatrixian

• 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

I think yes it does (never tried it on basic though, i only own Ultimate and Premium) :unsure:

The patch is installed, but it requires Aero to work, and Home Basic doesn't have Aero.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!