Vista DreamScene 'patch' for non-Ultimate editions

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Razorblade

Razorblade

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

Windows DreamScene for Vista non-Ultimate. B)

Posted Image

Working on both 32 and 64 bit version of Windows Vista.
SP1 is necessary.

DOWNLOAD (297 KiB)
MD5: 842AEB2E31781F2DAA7E779C03DAE41B
Compressed with WinRAR 3.80

Video Packs
If your Vista language isn't English, you need the Language pack

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've created this new post because the other one is confusing, having mixed my patch and the old (now) useless one (no SP1 support, no 64bit, ...).
And I've improved the installation method (64bit autodetection).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tinker patch
Hold 'Em patch

#2 Rich246

Rich246

What's a Member Title?

• 429 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:37 PM

Neat.. thanks

So let me understand properly... This works 100% on X64 and Sp1 vista?

#3 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:45 PM

I could've sworn I've seen a lot of "non-Ultimate" DreamScene patches before this.

#4 Razorblade

Razorblade

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

Yes.

I could've sworn I've seen a lot of "non-Ultimate" DreamScene patches before this.

You've seen:
this (May 10th, 2007)
and a lot of forums/blogs/... copying it like this
and other people packing it in .exe and so on
and myself patching the second DreamScene version (yes, SP1 brought another version), patching x64 too, and posting it here too. (Mar 26th, 2008)

and then a lot of confused people, installing the old one in SP1 systems, installing the old '32bit only' in a 64bit system, and screwing up their Vista Personalization Panel.

So I'm just making it easier.

#5 M.Sudoku

M.Sudoku

Super Duper WinMatrixian

• 2,191 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

Excellent job Razorblade! You patch works great!

#6 Rich246

Rich246

What's a Member Title?

• 429 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

Yes.

Thank you for clarifying this :)

EDIT: This is amazing Been waiting :D... quick question, If needed to for some reason how would I uninstall it.. I would like to know just incase :)

Edited by Rich246, 29 November 2008 - 10:38 PM.

#7 vistamanv

vistamanv

New WinMatrixian

• 18 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:38 PM

nice.............................

#8 Razorblade

Razorblade

New WinMatrixian

• 29 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:26 AM

If needed to for some reason how would I uninstall it.. I would like to know just incase :)

Just delete Windows\System32\DreamScene.dll file.

Optionally, delete DreamScene.dll.mui and run a Registry cleaner.

#9 neila

neila

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

Hi.

I would like to install in my Vista Business , however I use a the Spanish version. What does mean exactly "If your Vista language isn't English, you need the Language pack"? Where I can get this language pack?

Regards.

Edited by neila, 30 December 2008 - 09:10 PM.

#10 neila

neila

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

It works in my Spanish Vista Business using the default en-US language pack. It is fantastic!.

Thanks Razorblade.

#11 Adam00

Adam00

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

Ok it's apparent that I don't know half as much as most of you folks here but I REALLY want DreamScene to work on my machine. I've tried to figure it out by reading post on here and so far all I've managed to do is get Aero up and running and make sure my machine is capable (IE my video card is fast enough 128 i believe, my score on video is 3.6 and so forth). I've managed to get DreamScene in the right click menu from the desktop but it's not clickable. When I try to go to the desktop background page I get the following error:

"Failed to load page
Please return to Control Panel to change your background settins."

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... :(

I have no C:\ prompt under any menu in Start.

Soooo... Anyone care to take a shot at this one? Come on folks help a newbie out... :D

BTW I'm running Vista home premium, SP 1

Edited by Adam00, 05 January 2009 - 07:13 AM.

#12 Adam00

Adam00

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

I searched out the C:\ prompt and now have it copied to my desktop if that helps any. Also, I'm not even sure if I have the up to date files for this program. I D/L'd two files one was supposed to be the program and the other was supposed to be a patch for it in .zip form. Hope this helps some because I really want to see that turtle swimming on my desktop soon. :yes:

Could someone put the up to date program and any needed patches here please.

Edited by Adam00, 05 January 2009 - 02:57 PM.

#13 Lyrian

Lyrian

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

Got so far as having the option in the context menu, but it's blanked out.

So, how would I use a WMV as a background then?

Thanks.

EDIT:
Nevermind, turns out I forgot to use the Reload.bat.

Sorry.

Edited by Lyrian, 05 January 2009 - 03:19 PM.

#14 Adam00

Adam00

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

Sorry.

Reload.bat? What's that and how do I use it? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this thing to work. :wacko:

#15 Lyrian

Lyrian

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

Sorry.

Reload.bat? What's that and how do I use it? I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this thing to work. :wacko:

Should be in the RAR file, along with Install.bat, the readme, etcetera. Clicking on it restarts Windows Explorer. Helped me out.

#16 Adam00

Adam00

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

Sorry.

Should be in the RAR file, along with Install.bat, the readme, etcetera. Clicking on it restarts Windows Explorer. Helped me out.

:no: Nope no help there. I ran the reload and then rebooted but all I still have is the unclickable menu option. :cry:

#17 Lyrian

Lyrian

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

Sorry.

:no: Nope no help there. I ran the reload and then rebooted but all I still have is the unclickable menu option. :cry:

Okay, get a WMV file (or any other video file, but a WMV will suit fine) and right click, it, then select set as desktop. Alternatively, go to 'C:\Windows\Web\Windows DreamScene' and put a video file in there, then, right click the desktop and go as you normally would to change the wallpaper. Choose Windows Dreamscene from the location selection bit and choose a vid.

EDIT/PS: The unclickable thing is just for pausing the scene, btw. :)

@Razorblade, as wonderful as this tool is, a detailed readme of how to get videos running would not go amiss in the RAR file, I think. :)

Edited by Lyrian, 05 January 2009 - 04:45 PM.

#18 Adam00

Adam00

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

Sorry.

Okay, get a WMV file (or any other video file, but a WMV will suit fine) and right click, it, then select set as desktop. Alternatively, go to 'C:\Windows\Web\Windows DreamScene' and put a video file in there, then, right click the desktop and go as you normally would to change the wallpaper. Choose Windows Dreamscene from the location selection bit and choose a vid.

EDIT/PS: The unclickable thing is just for pausing the scene, btw. :)

@Razorblade, as wonderful as this tool is, a detailed readme of how to get videos running would not go amiss in the RAR file, I think. :)

Ok you are my new HERO. IT WORKS!!! :woot: Thanks so much for your help. I've been trying to get these results for about 4 days now. Ok I'm off to find video. Again, Thanks for your help.

#19 Lyrian

Lyrian

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

Ok you are my new HERO. IT WORKS!!! :woot: Thanks so much for your help. I've been trying to get these results for about 4 days now. Ok I'm off to find video. Again, Thanks for your help.

No problem. ;)

#20 Adam00

Adam00

New WinMatrixian

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:30 PM

Just a quick screen capture. I love this program. My movie library is growing at an uncontrollable rate :woot: :yes: ;) Attached File  Turtle_Small.jpg   90.26K   126 downloads Ok folks you got me started. What's next? :woot:

Edited by Adam00, 05 January 2009 - 10:30 PM.

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!