Auto-boot option windows 7 question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 attack_nick

attack_nick

i want to go to SCAD

• 112 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

hey guys, i don't know if i put this in the right area but here i go.

I am dual booting XP and 7. when i start up, i have a menu to choose which OS I want. is there a way to get windows 7 to start up by default and just have a keyboard shortcut to get into XP? im trying to reduce my boot time. :D

#2 CommonSense

CommonSense

Super WinMatrixian

• 2,620 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:24 PM

I am dual booting XP and 7. when i start up, i have a menu to choose which OS I want. is there a way to get windows 7 to start up by default and just have a keyboard shortcut to get into XP? im trying to reduce my boot time. :D

Yeah I don't remember exactly right now but you can change the default select boot and the default OS. But yeah you can do that (not the keyboard shortcut, from what I know). Just set your time to something where you can press like the up key so you don't always boot into 7.

Change Default OS or This one has Pictures :D

Change Boot Time

Good to know when I throw 7 on as a Dual boot ;)

Edited by CommonSense, 20 November 2008 - 10:32 PM.

#3 attack_nick

attack_nick

i want to go to SCAD

• 112 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Yeah I don't remember exactly right now but you can change the default select boot and the default OS. But yeah you can do that (not the keyboard shortcut, from what I know). Just set your time to something where you can press like the up key so you don't always boot into 7.

Change Default OS or This one has Pictures :D

Change Boot Time

Good to know when I throw 7 on as a Dual boot ;)

thanks

Want to comment?

Register or Sign In to go completely ad-free!